What are your feelings about armored bears?

Enough with the armored bears. What's next, an armored Gerbil? LoL is serious business. 2,686 39.52%
Because I'm a whiney forum troll who loves producers more than designers, I support armored bears. 4,111 60.48%
Voters: 6797. You may not vote on this poll

Enough With The Armored Bears

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-18-2011
1 of 86 Riot Posts

Hi All,

I know this is like kicking a dead horse, I mean bear, but this armored bear hysteria has gone on long enough. What’s surprising to me is how many of you still think that the community actually wants armored bears. From my perspective, the League of Legends community is a serious community, devoid of trolls, and in (nearly) all cases dominated by mature wisdom. And a community like that has the common sense to know just how terrible an idea armored bears are. That’s why I’m shocked when I see the diarrhea of the mouth exude from so many otherwise wise forum members, speaking blasphemy in favor of armored bears.

I’d like to share with you some recent developments in my efforts to prove to the haters that they are in the minority. As a tangent, Haters are by definition those who are are ‘gonna hate’, as they kids say it, and really should not be trusted. But first, I will summarize some important points.

Strong Community Rejection
The community has rejected armored bears not once but TWICE. I’d also like to point out that this a record vote turnout for a poll, indicating how strongly the community is against this idea:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1408421
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=12153352

Destined to Ruin LoL
I mentioned before that the average metacritic rating of games with armored bears was pretty low compared to the games we all love. A number of you pointed out that WoW is a great game and has armored bears, but I’d like to point out that armored bears were released MID CYCLE of an expansion and thus were not reviewed by critics – so it’s an irrelevant data point.

Destructive to the World Economy
As I mentioned in my previous post, armored bears have single-handed devastated the US economic recovery – Investors are nervous about how armored bears would destroy LoL, which would damage Riot Games, which would in turn damage the Californian economy, which would in turn affect the US recovery. With that kind of uncertainty, how can you expect growth to happen? Well, it appears that this may be spreading to Europe. There’s been a lot of talk about sovereign debt default – but maybe investors would be willing to cut them better rates on their debt if they weren’t worried about snowball effects coming from trouble in the US, which in fact, originates from armored bears.

Associated with Seedy People
Just to show you that armored bears can have smaller negative impacts, read this important news story – which shows that armored Bears are often found where criminals are found. Coincidence? I think not: http://www.wtae.com/r/29738027/detail.html

Lame
Armored bears are lame. Need I say more?

So in response, I'm doing a few things:

New Poll
I am making another poll. Which I absolutely will not rig. I don’t know why you guys keep accusing me of that.

Balance Changes
Zilean will be gaining an ability, “Armored Bear Hater”, which will ensure that armored bears cannot appear in LoL, both because of their lameness, but because they will be a character no one picks because Zilean one-shots them.

Bribery
I will be randomly handing out 3,000 RP to 20 people on this thread (and it's sisters on other realms -- so 20 total) who are on the right side of this issue. Or about that much in random skin merchandise depending on if the lawyers suddenly tell me I can't do that. I will select these in about 24 hours by using the time-honored method of d10 and d20 dice.

Threats
I may subject any of my staff who support armored bears to disciplinary action.

Love,
Zileas

LucidFlux

11-18-2011

Go away!

No but seriously... You want to challenge my armored bear that I made just for you?

Pancakezomg

11-18-2011

. <----that's a period it tells you my opinions and junk because that **** matters.
This is directed at them bear lovers not zileas btw.
Isn't udyr enough of a bear already? Besides udyr es best bear ES BEST!

Big T Whitz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

armored bears 4 life bro

edit: oh ****, free rp you say... hmmm this is a tough decision...
no, your bribery will not sway me, i will stand my my armored bear brothers.

Coulombe

11-18-2011

These aren't funny anymore. =/

Community truly wants an armored bear, why keep making a joke out of it?

Vodka Mutini

11-18-2011

posting in a closed

oh wait it's a riot thread

FASCISTS

that doesn't stop me from agreeing with xypherous

Pyrranha

11-18-2011

I love you Zileas.

But you are wrong.

WexAndywn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-18-2011

First page!
BOO TO YOU, go armored wombats!

The Shank

11-18-2011

Zileas, please leave and take your rigged polls with you. We will not return Anivia unless we have armored bears!

EDIT:
Currently 63% support Armored Bears. Extending your infallible logic, because 63% support armored bears we are right now gimme my 3k RP please.

Captain Teembro

11-18-2011

I think we should have a bear, just not armored. Armored bears are unoriginal and bland. We need something unique...