Soraka on Dominion is this a turning point?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Soraka is top tier in Dominion imo.

She may even be a bit OP.
Eh, shes not OP imo. Easiest way to counter her is to stalemate her or let her push you to tower then gank her. Everyone is looking for a solo kill to take the lane, but if she can't take yours either what does it matter? You have to really commit to a fight with her to die due to stacking debuff, which a QSS can own btw. QSS at 0-15MR when shes commited to the fight = win.

Amarathval

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

AP DPS Soraka on Dominion owns....

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2011

Soraka absolutely sux on dominion. What kind of idiot would SERIOUSLY play her on dominion and expect to do good at all?!?

Argotto

11-19-2011

Uh.. Soraka is actually quite decent in Dominion. Now champs like vlad and morde, they are worthless.

Vydelar

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argotto View Post
Uh.. Soraka is actually quite decent in Dominion. Now champs like vlad and morde, they are worthless.
You missed the sarcasm with the photos there.

Raptoreyes

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazier View Post
Soraka absolutely sux on dominion. What kind of idiot would SERIOUSLY play her on dominion and expect to do good at all?!?
Loved the pictures if you could tell us more about how you build her and avoid some of her problem elements.

1-- Soraka cannot chase with starcall as spam casting it against a fleeing target lowers her foot speed.

2-- Soraka's heal seems designed to waste one part of it or the other. Use it when your not being attacked and the armor buffs wasted. Use it during an attack and your likely disabled your casting prevented BEFORE you can cast it. Soraka seems to have an easy time with characters with a gap closer but no disable but characters with a gap closer typically also have a disable too.

3-- Skill shot champions can whittle down Soraka's hp much faster then she can replace it (even if your good at juking vertically so as to miss a few) and continue pushing from outside of the range of both Starcall AND Infuse.

Is Soraka one of those characters you just don't play unless you have a very low ping of 100 or less, in order to help 1-3 enough? I am living in Thailand so my Ping is always at least 250p minimum . Might be one of the reasons Soraka always feels weak to me but that does not explain all the other characters I solder on with.

Hikaru Genji

11-21-2011

1. Soraka does not need to chase. Her primary goal is to push her minion wave. That aside, you Rylai's is always a good choice, because she needs a slow to escape, or Exhaust/Flash.
2. If you rely on your heal, you've already lost. I generally use it to armor buff my melee minion. I always level it last.
3. Skill shot champs don't bot lane except Cait and Sivir. Both of those skill shots are ridiculously easy to juke.

Nekrogen

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
1. Soraka does not need to chase. Her primary goal is to push her minion wave. That aside, you Rylai's is always a good choice, because she needs a slow to escape, or Exhaust/Flash.
2. If you rely on your heal, you've already lost. I generally use it to armor buff my melee minion. I always level it last.
3. Skill shot champs don't bot lane except Cait and Sivir. Both of those skill shots are ridiculously easy to juke.
Actually there are a wide variety of skillshot champs that can go bottom. Urgot, Morganna, Anivia, Ezreal (yeah he goes bot from time to time), etc.

It all depends on the skill difference when it comes to skillshots.

Hikaru Genji

11-21-2011

Anyone *can* go bot. Most will get rofflestomped by Soraka, Yorick, Heimer, Sivir, etc.

With 250+ms latency, I would never bot. Too much of a liability.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-22-2011

Soraka + Rylai + Hextech Sweeper makes akali, shaco and eve cry.

Soraka is extremely strong in dominion. But she's not the type of hero that excels at "point at enemy QWER, expect enemy death". I played her a couple of games, but she is incredible ^^