Soraka on Dominion is this a turning point?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raptoreyes

11-18-2011

Soraka was recently judged the worst champion on Dominion. However lately I have been seeing some good Soraka's with good scores and the ability to support some of the squishy AD ranged carries to victory. If I see a Soraka/Graves or Soraka/Poppy or Vayne on the other team I cringe and sort of hope they are not on vent together. This trend is really really recent. What gives have balanced changes to other champs made Soraka much much more viable almost out of the blue.... or has she always been good and people are now learning how to play her as a tank/AP hybred or pure AP as I have seen both builds.

Your thoughts would be appreciated as the last 5 games I have played or involved Soraka featured Soraka turning longer fights around at key moments (to say nothing of refilling the mana pool of champs at moments of great need or adding armor enough vs a focus fire to allow a carry to escape long enough to continue a fight.

I have also noticed lately that more carries are taking Cleanse and Soraka surprisingly is taking the heal spell because the 15% bonus negates the Dominion Aura. Does a carry need NEW cleanse in order to make Soraka Viable? Or is some other change such as nerfs to Akali and other burst assassins to be praised for the suposed re-emergence of Soraka. Perhaps its just a few fluke games that proves nothing.

Your thoughts?

Nekrogen

11-18-2011

When was she judged as even remotely bad on dominion?

She has and will always be one of the strongest bottom laners in Dominion. Taking her top works too because she is a good support, defender, point pusher, etc.

As a corollary: eQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQeQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ....r

Stez007

11-18-2011

Whoever judged Soraka as bad on Dominion is bad at Dominion.

Anniie

11-18-2011

lol what

Soraka dominates the first windmill fight with starcall spam if top and sent up there with a giant's belt or catalyst or something. She stands in the middle of the fight doing infinite damage and she's too tanky to die immediately.

She's super strong early bot.

Other than that she is kind of meh but in those two specific situations she's ridiculous.

Stimuz

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
lol what

Soraka dominates the first windmill fight with starcall spam if top and sent up there with a giant's belt or catalyst or something. She stands in the middle of the fight doing infinite damage and she's too tanky to die immediately.

She's super strong early bot.

Other than that she is kind of meh but in those two specific situations she's ridiculous.
I still think ryze is better bot once he gets vamp, but for top fight soraka(and karma for that matter) is pretty much autowin top first fight unless you or your team ****s up good. Oh, nunu with double shield boots top is auto win too, then autolose after. The only time anyone thought soraka was a bad pick in dominion was like a day after it came out. I played nothing but soraka since dominions release till about 3 weeks ago and had a ridiculous win ratio until I swapped. Now I pretty much just play AP janna or AP kog for free week and suck it up with mundo once in a while as I try to figure out a good build with the runes I have available.

Vichar

11-18-2011

Soraka is very strong on Dominion but I think lots of people don't know how to play her. She is the classic "Passive aggressive" champ.

Your job as soraka is to apply constant pressure, wherever you are. Some people only like the flashy champs--like assassins that can blink in and instagib an enemy. Soraka is underestimated partly because lots of people haven't clued into the fact that Silence is one of the strongest CC in the game. Silence prevents enemy champs from executing their combos. Therefore, proper use of silence requires knowledge about all the enemy champs' abilities and good timing. Using it too early or too late is common. Silence on Soraka's infuse is particularly good because it happens almost immediately. Compare this to Kassadin who has to wait for the null sphere to hit the target, or Chogath and Blitz who have to get in close to deliver the AOE silence. It's easier for Soraka to mess up the main enemy killer by applying infuse at just the right, annoying time.

Soraka is a good pusher, but lots of players will push too far with her and get themselves killed. A good Soraka plays off the minimap and knows where all 5 enemies are at all times (or has a good idea). You are tanky with the right build but not so tanky you can survive a gank bottom if you've pushed too far.

Finally, play off the minimap so you can apply Wish at the proper time. If you don't play well, you will tend to use wish to save yourself. It's better spent during a big team fight somewhere, whether you are in that teamfight or not.

Matake

11-18-2011

Soraka is boss on dominion. Whoever disagrees is playing her as a support.

Mailorder II

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-18-2011

Totally didn't know summoner spell Heal was exempt from the healing penalty in Dominion. I guess I'll be taking it more; seems to be pretty good for the first Windmill fight.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

look at me I'm soraka

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQ

Warrrrax

11-18-2011

I am still confused about the part where Soroka was deemed to be "bad".

This likely came from those playing her up top at game start. In that case yeah I can see it. She starts off very squishy and if they want to spam starfall, they have to get in moderately close. The baddies then charge her and pound her.
I'd think played intelligently though her long range silence would be a nice poke, and her heal/armor boost would help whoever got first targeted at windmill fight.

But clearly she is going to be better if she starts bottom...at least till she can bulk up a bit.