Your Mac Beta Refund Request Has Been Received!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TucciMane

11-17-2011

Yah that's right...I just got an email with that in the subject.

Don't believe me read this...

If you don't want to read it and just want to know whats going on just know this: apparently once you've received this email your 3-4 week or 6-8 week process will begin. SO. I just got it at 7:11PM on November 17th. That means it took them 40 days to get the email to me. BUT they are promising the refund within the next 3-4 weeks so they have until 12/17/11 at 7PM to get my refund to my paypal acc. Countdown begins now !

Okay here's the email...I'm definitely excited that they finally got the ball rolling on this. I agree with most people who say or I imagine them saying that its a bit outrageous it took them 40 days to get the email to me saying itll be another 30 days, but regardless, lets now truly test Riot as a company and see if they can follow through on a more defined and promised 3-4 weeks than was given in the original email that just told you once your request was received it would be 3-4 weeks.

Apparently when you get this email that means your request is now received and the timer starts until you get your money back.

And now, what you've all been waiting for:

Greetings tuccimane,

This email is to confirm receipt of your request for a full refund for all Riot Points purchases made in the wake of the closure of our League of Legends Mac Beta.

Your refund request has been processed and all content purchased with Riot Points will be removed from your account shortly after your payment has been refunded to you. You will receive the following refund(s) under the following account name(s) via PayPal as you have elected. Please allow 3-4 weeks to receive your refund via PayPal.

tuccimane: $150.00

You will be refunded via the PayPal account associated with the email address or phone number you provided at the time you elected for the refund:

-------@email.------.edu

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us and submit a request via the support site at http://support.leagueoflegends.com. Please be sure to include the phrase "Mac Beta Refund" in the subject line so we can properly direct your request.

We once again apologize for any inconvenience that the close of the League of Legends Mac Client Beta has caused you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and thank you for playing League of Legends.

amends

11-17-2011

Just got mine as well, it's legit.

Seme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

Got mine too! 230$ is coming back to me! ;D

TucciMane

11-17-2011

Hooray! Lets all rejoice! Everyone should post here with how much money they are getting back and we can add it up. I think it'd be interesting to see just how much Riot is sacrificing to make this whole thing right again. I think they've finally heard our voice and I respect them totally for doing this, no doubt.

I know not every mac player is gonna be posting here, but we can see how much money the regular forum community alone got back and assume we represent a small portion of the total people that played mac.

CaptainZapka

11-17-2011

Well, I'm glad they're finally replying, but is anyone else annoyed that it took them over a month to get the process started? As in it'll be another 3-4 weeks before we actually get the refunds on paypal?

Not to complain, I know this is all good progress, but it seems a little off.

TheySeeMeRolln

11-17-2011

Got one of these just a minute ago. So it takes 6 weeks to receive the request and another 4 weeks to process it. Probably won't be able to use the refund until the end of the year...

I'm glad I got a response, but the timeline is not even close to what was stated in the original email.

Sack of Woe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

$150! I could really use this....

5PersonWorkout

11-17-2011

YES I finally got that email, too!

$580 btw. It's a lot, but I've heard of people who have spent over $1000 on this game.

R3dTubeAdmin

11-17-2011

Got mine too! $110.00!

Amanax

11-17-2011

Got mine as well!

250, looks like it might be here in time for the holidays. Merry Christmas from Riot lol