Should Baron and Dragon have their spawn locations generated each game?

Yes 536 31.53%
No 413 24.29%
I like turtles (yes) 501 29.47%
I like turtles (no) 250 14.71%
Voters: 1700. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot: Dragon and Baron

1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Politburo

11-17-2011

please actually read this post before posting. too many senseless posts.

What if their spawns were randomly generated each match, like they swap places? It would introduce a new level of mindgame war before the minions even spawn. Jungle ganking wouldn't be skewed as a result of simply being on blue or purple team. Lanes would have to be shuffled if people actually want Baron or Dragon control. There would be many more implications than I can think of here. What do you think would be the repercussions of this?

The generated spawn locations will be revealed when dragon actually spawns.

also, if you vote or look in this thread, please bump so we can get more opinions

in addition, please leave bashing and flaming out of this thread. any and all reasonable arguments for/against either side will be tolerated and discussed

for those without reading comprehension and the fact that my sentence structure usually meanders, the idea is if Baron's and Dragon's spawn will be determined between their current spawns randomly. As in it will be determined randomly each game if Dragon and Baron spawn as they do now, or if Dragon spawns at Baron's current spawn and Baron spawns at Dragon's current spawn. Whatever is determined at the time of Dragon's first spawn remains until the end of the match

edit:

Quote:
They're removing dodge because they don't like randomness. Why introduce more randomness?
if they didn't like randomness they'd remove/change crit, fear, madred's razor, wriggle's lantern, ionic spark, alpha strike, bouncing blade, pyroclasm, dark wind, parrrley, slicing maelstrom, double up, essence flux, ricochet, blade waltz and ravenous flock. what they didn't like about dodge was that you essentially played like you didn't have it and the only counter to it was sword of the divine.

also, a lack of randomness means a lack of change, and everything becomes rote. without change is stagnation. skill is not just being able to do something properly over and over again, but the ability to adapt to change.

note: if you think this won't change anything, then that doesn't mean that you have to be against it. not a choice is a choice in this situation

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
I like turtles.

BUSHEL OF CRABS

11-17-2011

it would be interesting but it might slow the game play slightly or atleast that's what riots excuse would be

Anketh

11-17-2011

So what you are saying is that Dragon will spawn in either its or the Baron's area, and will spawn at that area every time thereafter in that game, while Baron spawns in the other? I suppose that could be interesting, but all that would really do is randomize which team controls which advantage. If both teams continue to send 2 bot and 1 top, then neither team will still have the advantage over dragon, wherever it spawns. The primary reason people send two bottom instead of top is to equalize dragon coverage.

Ishnekk

11-17-2011

I like it

Bearded Infidel

11-17-2011

I don't think doing this would really matter. What side of the map you end up on is already random, and therefore who has which advantage (dragon or baron) is random as well.

Edited: It might be nice having to switch which lane is solo though, might shake up the meta a bit

dev1lb3ast

11-17-2011

bump

Bekkal

11-17-2011

Adds nothing to the game once the first dragon spawns, honestly.

Derkoffski

11-17-2011

I would like to try this.

Daesigil23

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-17-2011

would probably just end up making it more of a necessity to perma-ward both areas

Politburo

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Infidel View Post
I don't think doing this would really matter. What side of the map you end up on is already random, and therefore who has which advantage (dragon or baron) is random as well.

Edited: It might be nice having to switch which lane is solo though, might shake up the meta a bit
the point is that even if the sides are random, the players won't know until it matters. the thing is, by knowing which side you're on you can send laners accordingly. the lanes and advantage is already known. with it generated later, lane setups can not be so geared towards Dragon control until they are revealed. at that point, lanes may have to be shuffled depending upon each team's priorities. in dealing with shuffling the lanes, lane advantage may be lost in each lane. is it more important to control Dragon or keep lane advantage? each team must decide and answer when it happens, not simply assign 1/1/2 every game

1234511 ... 20