Reason for the increased Queue Dodge penalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

renticletape

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Its because of their servers. Just last week, the QQ band wagon rolled in with server issues. By increasing the queue dodge penalty, less people will be queuing in games after queue dodging which will in result, lighten the load on their servers. As a result of less people queue because of the penalties, this will make the client and matchmaking system run more efficiently (see patch notes).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Windknot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by renticletape View Post
Its because of their servers. Just last week, the QQ band wagon rolled in with server issues. By increasing the queue dodge penalty, less people will be queuing in games after queue dodging which will in result, lighten the load on their servers. As a result of less people queue because of the penalties, this will make the client and matchmaking system run more efficiently (see patch notes).

So rather than improving their servers, they penalize people for wanting to play with a friend that just logged on or want to play a decent game instead of wasting 40 minutes with an imbalanced team?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

renticletape

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknot View Post
So rather than improving their servers, they penalize people for wanting to play with a friend that just logged on or want to play a decent game instead of wasting 40 minutes with an imbalanced team?
Well improving their servers would probably cost more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tom Cruise Fan

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknot View Post
So rather than improving their servers, they penalize people for wanting to play with a friend that just logged on or want to play a decent game instead of wasting 40 minutes with an imbalanced team?
You are the kind of idiot that makes me lol, you know nothing about server maintenance and control and no nothing about game developing in general. Just keep your idiocy out of threads you know nothing about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uccisore

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknot View Post
So rather than improving their servers, they penalize people for wanting to play with a friend that just logged on or want to play a decent game instead of wasting 40 minutes with an imbalanced team?
That's right. Rather than spend a zillion dollars accommodating cheaters, they decided to increase the penalty for cheating. Madness, I know.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

timbalt

Member

06-29-2010

Good thing they didn't nerf the bug that lets you dodge without penalty.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

renticletape

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbalt View Post
Good thing they didn't nerf the bug that lets you dodge without penalty.
Yeah I know... Jax needs another nerf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Socialist Ryan

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by renticletape View Post
Its because of their servers. Just last week, the QQ band wagon rolled in with server issues. By increasing the queue dodge penalty, less people will be queuing in games after queue dodging which will in result, lighten the load on their servers. As a result of less people queue because of the penalties, this will make the client and matchmaking system run more efficiently (see patch notes).
1+ this makes perfect sense. i thought at first this was a response to QQers but yeah that has got to be the reason they increased it. though i haven't encountered any lag while playing LOL the people i que will do every now and then so if it helps the servers i'm all for it.