How to play Fizz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raven Guy

11-16-2011

He's one of the most fun champions I've played in a while, and he has great mobility, but I feel like I'm not doing much damage. I typically start with a Doran's Ring, get boots and Catalyst and then a sheen. Then I upgrade to RoA, and Lich Bane. I typically haven't gotten much farther after this,

I was wondering what other people were building, and what's working. I saw a Fizz who was doing pretty well with a Nashor's tooth, and I'm wondering if that's viable. Thoughts?

Edit: Also thought I'd mention, I max w first, then e, with a point in q at level 2, and ult whenever I can.

KRYPTØNITE

11-16-2011

same thing, dorans, roa, lich, rylai's, banshee/armor, more ap.

Crosskillz

11-16-2011

what i usually do is this:
start boots+3pots
go mid get all 3 skills by level 3
Q+W into the enemy once and E out
Q+W into enemy again when skills are up E to do more dmg and ignite(havent seen a single ap carry tanking the Q+W 2 times with E+ignite)
rush Sheen
Do same thing to get fed off mid
build catalyst
finish boots
finish RoA
get deathcap
get lichbane
get void staff
get guardian angel or hourglass

you should play him this way on team fights:
when you have a clear shot a your target or just someone that you can burst down and is a pain
you do your ult and ur whole combo(including ignite BUT NOT E) to kill them, they should die unless u target the tank...if you think you're safe you can E to actually do damage but usually do E to get out of combat.
stay running around and Q+W TARGETS WITH LOWER HEALTH than dash with E or use it to do damage if you're safe again
you just keep doing that.
blow up someone->go in and out of the fight taking down people that are missing 30~70% of their health or even less(remember the more hp they missing the harder you gonna hit them)
that's the way you should play him on my view, you should never stay on the fight once you do ur ult+Q+W at first.

edit: and yes max W first,E then Q and ofc ult whenever you can

Raven Guy

11-16-2011

Am I then right in assuming that most of his damage comes from his w? If so, that doesn't make a lot of sense, because it procs on auto attacks, and he jumps in and out of the fight. Fizz's role seems more like cleaning up, along the lines of someone like Kassadin or something.

Crosskillz

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide899 View Post
Am I then right in assuming that most of his damage comes from his w? If so, that doesn't make a lot of sense, because it procs on auto attacks, and he jumps in and out of the fight. Fizz's role seems more like cleaning up, along the lines of someone like Kassadin or something.
read the Q and W, you will see that W does an initial burst depending on the oponent's missing health, your Q does damage too but that's exactly why you use your ult to initiate damage on your main target on fights since you will do more damage than if you start with Q+W combo. yes his role is more like kassadin, but he has an ult than can change fights outcome pretty darn easily.
W is a nuke applied with a DoT that does damage over time, your w is just like Annie's Q or any one target nukes, but with the addional attribute of doing dmg over time according to enemy's missing health and applying the DoT with every attack. while you activate the W you get a increased boost in damage and heal reduction, while you keep normal attacking yes you will do a decent amount of extra damage but you would just be re-applying the DoT effect

OniDragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

dont listen to cross he sucks

BroconutExpress

11-17-2011

Do NOT play it like Crosskillz mentioned or how Phreak builds him.

He is NOT an AP carry. He is made to proc his W as much as possible.

Build:

Malady
Wits End
Then defensive items (GA, Warmogs, FoN, BV, ect.)
Madred's Bloodrazor if you're fed enough

When the battle starts, use your ult to CC from a far and pick off a target at the side of the teamfight. Once one of their carries is low (60% or lower), jump on them and burst them. By the time you finish bursting them, jump on the other carry.

Your Q should NOT be used for its damage, but rather as a utility for getting in/out of fights.

Your W is your main damage skill. This combined with attack speed + on hit effects will result in their health shredding quickly.

Your E should also be used for utility purpose.

Your R is for CC and disruption. Do not cast it for its damage but rather at the critical time to engage / disrupt / disengage.

What people (Riot and other players) don't understand is that without a built in shield or range, you cannot build a squishy champion as an AP. Luckily, Fizz has the perfect kit for mobility + tankiness while still being able to shred people with auto attacks.

What to max : W for the damage first, then max Q and E together, depending on your lane partner. Q for melee heavy champions who do not have skillshots and E for ranged heavy who have skillshots with travel time.

HipHopIsDead

11-17-2011

Max Q 2nd, it does a lot of burst damage... and malady is better than nashors tooth because its cheaper and more realistic to get in your build throughout the game. If your solo toping get cloth armor and 5 health pots.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosskillz View Post
read the Q and W, you will see that W does an initial burst depending on the oponent's missing health, your Q does damage too but that's exactly why you use your ult to initiate damage on your main target on fights since you will do more damage than if you start with Q+W combo. yes his role is more like kassadin, but he has an ult than can change fights outcome pretty darn easily.
W is a nuke applied with a DoT that does damage over time, your w is just like Annie's Q or any one target nukes, but with the addional attribute of doing dmg over time according to enemy's missing health and applying the DoT with every attack. while you activate the W you get a increased boost in damage and heal reduction, while you keep normal attacking yes you will do a decent amount of extra damage but you would just be re-applying the DoT effect
how can u call his W a nuke i dont understard

its a DOT and DOT =/= nuke i thought it does damage over time isn't it?

like Cass's Q not Annie's Q

osg87

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide899 View Post
He's one of the most fun champions I've played in a while, and he has great mobility, but I feel like I'm not doing much damage. I typically start with a Doran's Ring, get boots and Catalyst and then a sheen. Then I upgrade to RoA, and Lich Bane. I typically haven't gotten much farther after this,

I was wondering what other people were building, and what's working. I saw a Fizz who was doing pretty well with a Nashor's tooth, and I'm wondering if that's viable. Thoughts?

Edit: Also thought I'd mention, I max w first, then e, with a point in q at level 2, and ult whenever I can.
dont play him hes a broken op champ that deals way to much damage. and if you want to play him ..your an idiot noob who should uninstall