AD Ezreal; builds? tips? :D

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

I usually play mages, and I have a ton of them, but the higher in summoner level I get the more vital actual team comps seem to be necessary. So basically I just want to have at least 1 of every role available if I need to take it.

I've used Caitlyn for some time, but I haven't gotten anywhere near mastering her (apologies if she's easy :P ) and with the recent nerf I figure I'd try out good ol' Ezreal since I already own him. The thing is I always build him AP, and that's all I know of him. Can anyone recommend or give any feedback on AD Ezreal?

Runes, masteries, preferred item buys, general tips; all appreciated!

qweqweqwe1

11-17-2011

l usualy play him as hybrid so op pure ad or ap aint so mutch good for me at least

TLCuru

11-17-2011

Start with Doran's or Boots 3, rush Wriggles if your lane is even, if you are dominating your lane/after your Wriggles get either Bloodthirster or Trinity, then get the other one, then Last Whisper. Ionian Lucidity Boots whenever you can.

If the game still goes on tailor your last items to fit the situation. Guardian Angel/Banshee's Veil if you are getting massively focused (I find a lot of the time I don't need it with Ezreal's unreal mobility and range, if they are hellbent on killing me they will usually be wiped out by my team), Infinity Edge if you want to start doing boss auto attack damage. If the game goes into 6 item mode I would probably just start stacking Bloodthirsters, I wouldn't get Phantom Dancers because even though you have an Infinity Edge it adds absolutely nothing to your Q.

In teamfights mostly just hang back and spam your Q, E away from anyone trying to get to you (you can usually kill anyone who is tunnel visioning you with Q E kiting), R whenever you see an opportunity to hit multiple heroes so you can charge your passive. Autoattack when it is safe to but generally I always want to have E off CD if I go in to autoattack because Ezreal's AA range isn't the hottest.

18X Jake

11-17-2011

The way I build ezreal is: start dorans blade, farm until BF sword and lvl1 boots, upgrade to bloodthirster, get CDR boots, go sheen, from here either finish triforce or last whisper or another bloodthirster and thats pretty much all you need. after that you can get banshee's veil or whatever you really need at that point in the game.

As for runes I take armor pen marks, dodge/armor seals, magic resist glyphs, armor pen quints.

wyvernEXE

11-17-2011

Hi everyone. I picked up Ezreal early on when I started playing LoL (and I'm still generally new to this game).
I wanted to ask a question regarding builds.
I've been receiving mixed opinions on rushing Sheen or rushing Wriggles. Some people told me that I should get Sheen first for the extra burst with my Q so that I can harass better. Some people told me that I should get Wriggles since it allows me to stay in lane forever (because of the life steal, extra damage, and ward).
Or perhaps as said before, should I rush a BF sword early game instead?

I'm still unsure what would be best. Any advice?

Daerkannon

11-17-2011

The answer is: it depends. If you need the sustain, you get wriggles. If you're doing well and think you can score some kills, get the sheen. You'll want a BF sword eventually anyway so if you get it first or second doesn't really matter. Just don't rush a bloodthirster before picking up anything else.

wyvernEXE

11-17-2011

Thanks for the prompt response!

One more question. Is a Brutalizer a good item to get early on Ezreal? For example, after sheen or after wriggles?

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

Thank you everyone for the responses I have a much better understanding to what I need for building AD! Time to tear some squishies up >:]

Asuramundos

11-17-2011

Last night (before I checked this thread for responses) I tried my hand at a slap together build and it was all AS based =_=; let's just say it wasn't what uh, I was going for lol

OutlawStarx2

11-17-2011

My builds tend to change on Ezreal.

I find the best way to for Ezreal to fight is to make him hard to kill. so these are the items i get on him.

Merctreds
Bloodthirster
Stark
Warmogs
Atmas/Wits end (norally atma's)
Bloodthirster

This way, if you're targeted you'll last long enough for your allies to do damage, and if you are only targeted by one champ you can generally get some kills.

this way you are a huge threat that isn't easy to take down, I've been thinking that maybe getting a Black Cleaver instead of a Atma's or Wits end might be better.