Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Q dodging that big of a problem?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Windknot

06-29-2010

I see RIOT has increased the "Q dodge" penalty, but is Q dodging that big of a problem?

Of course having to wait again because someone left the Q may be annoying, but it causes a minute or two's delay at most.

Personally, I'd rather leave Q if/when a friend logs on, or if my team composition is so imbalanced that I'm sure that I am going to lose.

Rather than see RIOT punish Q dodgers, I would prefer that they do something about people who chronically leave mid-game.

GaugeForever

06-29-2010

I know that extra 10 seconds to play with other crappy players is rough on the baddies.

Uccisore

06-29-2010

From Riot's perspective, I highly doubt it's the 'players wait 30 seconds' thing, and more about how it affects their elo calculations, server load, and preparations for Season 1.

Windknot

06-29-2010

Quote:
Uccisore:
From Riot's perspective, I highly doubt it's the 'players wait 30 seconds' thing, and more about how it affects their elo calculations, server load, and preparations for Season 1.

Seems they should just buy better servers.

Uccisore

06-29-2010

Quote:
Windknot:
Seems they should just buy better servers.

That would fix one-half of one of the three problems I listed, yes.

MoonPL

06-29-2010

And moreover it AFFECTS how ppl see this game and how ppl talk about it. Its a simply PR thing ...

kissDATpawL

06-29-2010

Q dodging is not a issue IMO, It's the leavers. I'm forced to Q dodge almost every other solo Q if not every Q thats why I no longer solo Q.

JudoPunch

06-29-2010

Ever wonder why the servers break when they release a new champion?

Partly because the system cant handle the thousands of games that are starting and stopping with people dodging to get to play the new champion.

Also, people who generally Q dodge complain about everything anyways.

teeli

06-29-2010

leavers and afkers should be punished, not queue dodgers, 3/10 was good enough