Best 1v1 Champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taishi Masamune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2010

I'm sorry for the confusion, but this thread is geared towards a legitimate 1v1 solo mid fight starting at level 1, not who is the best when fully geared. Continuing discussion, what's everyone's thoughts on Heimer?

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2010

Theres quite a few decent 1v1 champions, top three are still:

1. Yi
2. Tryndamere
3. Warwick

Lawful

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by newties22 View Post
Jax.

Jax can own anybody 1 vs 1.

Mmm....except for some magic characters.....that would depend on luck and skill.

But Jax is close to the top.
Yi domanites a jax even without Sot, hands down, Warwick pretty much too, trynd is a bit trickier since he doesn't have the ASPD to back up his huge crits so he is like a rolling thunder, rolls in, hits a few bursts, walks away under rage but not enough to take down a jax.

Lawful

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinroth View Post
I'm sorry for the confusion, but this thread is geared towards a legitimate 1v1 solo mid fight starting at level 1, not who is the best when fully geared. Continuing discussion, what's everyone's thoughts on Heimer?
Eh, a solo mid lv1?

Well, thats a tough one, theres a few good mids since lv1 to 6.

1. Ez
2. Karthus
3. Annie
4. Twitch
5. Fiddlesticks
6. Nidalee
7. Tristana

The list order is random as i remembered them, not by any means who is stronger or weaker.

Alot of people will probably argue about Twitch and Fiddles being good mids, but i've seen them, played them on mid and did wonders.
Fiddles is especially deadly on mid if his enemy doesn't have a stun to shut down fear>drain combo.
And he is practically unharassable since he always fills up his health with drain off minions.

Ishbalite

06-29-2010

kat will be good for 1 on 1 fight.. with her "no cost" type of skills..

Basist

06-29-2010

If we're talking about starting 1v1's at level 1, then working our way up, I give my vote for Kennen. Fully geared? I might still grab Kennen depending on who I'm fighting.

Whom

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinroth View Post
Heimer isn't really a threat yet level at 1. A beefy DPS or DPS-y tank who can ignore the turret's damage are a major threat against him. One of the worst early laning phases I had as Heimer was against Yi and Garen. I think I was level 3 and had two turrets up, Garen just ran past them, did his Taz thing, and got first blood off of me.

Now, level 5 is another story altogether. That's when Heimer really starts to be a beast. But until then, can only really turtle and try to harass people away from his turrets while they farm.

Nuwonga

06-29-2010

Believe it or not, Cho'Gath is one of the best solo mids. He can take abuse from any other champion, similar to a solo Mordekaiser, but his passive allows him to instantly heal it off and still harrass back with Rupture. I've gone toe-to-toe with almost every possible mid as Cho'Gath, including Heimerdinger, and 9 times out of 10, I end up winning.

bloodchow

06-30-2010

blood hunter won u all

Tony Shinobi

06-30-2010

Wow... really no Heim love? He's my main and I always 1v1 mid without a problem. The only thing that can knock a GOOD Heim outta mid is a smart ganker and even then if Upgrade is available its super hard. Clarity/Flash for summoner spells and 9/0/21 Masteries. (Clarity is a MUST cause Heim devours mana)

The important thing is turret placement and harassment. On the Blue Team there is actually a rock on mid that is the perfect place to drop your 1st turret before creeps spawn, it allows your turret to farm gold for you while you're free to harass the champ with Auto-Attacks (Armor Pen marks REALLY HELP HERE) 9 times outta 10 their health goes down a lot faster. (Heal instead of Flash is good for this as you can get them to overcommit and give you First Blood when you pop Heal and a health pot).

Against DPSers? Stack turrets so they can't pick them off individualy. AOEs? Wide lines so the AOE can only hit one at a time. Likely gank coming up? A triangle formation. Ganker runs in, gets slowed by turrets (at least lvl 3 for armor/mr pen) RUN AWAY so they think they can catch you then Flash back to your turrets and lob a grenade on them when they turn around and get back into turret range.

In fact the only champs I ever have a problem with (KEYWORD: Problem, not Fail Against) are the ones who can straight up EAT a turret like Nunu and Cho. (and while its very rare for a PRO Cho to mid, I've NEVER, NEVER seen a Nunu try it.)

In fact, the only real problem is when a Heim does too well early game and starts becoming the target for the whole enemy team. You WILL NOT WIN a 3v1, 4v1, or 5v1. Even a 2v1 will be difficult but still winnable (especially if you rush your Ring). At that point you should ALWAYS have at least 1 other teammate with you, preferably someone with a stun so your turrets can wail on them as long as possible.