Best 1v1 Champion?

1234511 ... 36
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taishi Masamune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2010

Okay, I started this topic over 6 months ago, so it's nice to see that it's still going on. Since some people seem to be confused as to the parameters of debate, I'll try to clarify to the best of my ability.

This is a legitimate 1v1, solo mid starting at level 1 going until the nexus. Players will be leveling up just like in a normal game, so the fight will encompass all phases of the game. It is also a blind-pick game, therefore the people who are arguing Hero X isn't good because Hero Y can counter him are advocating a groundless claim.

My original statement as to which champion I prefer was as follows:
"I figure it has to be an AD char, pref ranged. I see it this way, they have to be able to kill and push. My top would probably be Tristana for early kills and pushing."

I disagree with this in retrospect. I have yet to test it, but a Teemo with Exhaust would probably work well. He can pretty much shut down AD carries as Blind/Exhaust have a lower CD than QSS/Cleanse in combination. Casters of course don't have to worry about blind, but I don't suppose that it would be much of a challenge to build high MR, coupled with the fact that they will have a harder time pushing. Thoughts?

Thanks again for the discussion, and try to maintain a calm environment for debate.

Sarasin6

06-28-2010

Corki
Olaf
Yi
Trist

All of them are amazing 1v1 champs.

peyo

06-28-2010

there was such a topic already... Tryndamere wins, hands down.

SG Ruken

06-28-2010

Nasus. After seeing him 2 shot Yi without dropping below half HP I think he stands a good chance vs anyone.

Kriptini

06-28-2010

Ashe is extremely strong in 1v1.

Noveson

06-28-2010

As a poster above said Tryndamere, pretty easily I would think. You can't really beat not dying for however many seconds while hitting huge crits.

Taishi Masamune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2010

Tryndamere does sound pretty good actually. I still think Tristana can pull it off though. I think she'd have an easy time getting FB pre-level 6 and afterwards she can just use any combination of jump/ulti/exhaust/cleanse to stay alive during his ulti and finish him. But both are amazing choices.

newties22

06-29-2010

Jax.

Jax can own anybody 1 vs 1.

Mmm....except for some magic characters.....that would depend on luck and skill.

But Jax is close to the top.

peyo

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by newties22 View Post
Jax.

Jax can own anybody 1 vs 1.

Mmm....except for some magic characters.....that would depend on luck and skill.

But Jax is close to the top.
not Trynd with SotD

Taishi Masamune

06-29-2010

I destroyed Jax last time I played against him as Trist, I didn't even get SotD yet.

P.S. I would like more debate as to why Trynd is amazing vs other top 1v1 champs other than "ultirapelol." I understand the logic but clease/exhaust/kiting can hurt him, what are your solutions? I presume Cleanse/Ghost, but I'd like to hear a variety of views.

1234511 ... 36