[Guide] Veigar, The Tiny Master of HADOKEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isamaru

11-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudBoy View Post
What good Corki/Ashe/Trist players do in the lane is once creep engage they position themselves more towards ur side so everytime u go in for a last hit they harrass you with volley/phosporous and I really dont have any offensive means to push them back to their creep line so i can get my last hits with baleful rolling..

Ashe is actually a great char to use as an example.

lvl 1-5:

Start off by figuring out exactly how far she needs to be to hit you with her volley. make some mental markers based on where she is on the map. Now you have an invisible line you can use as your safe zone. remember she may be a smart player but you are too. let her feel like she has the lane control until you hit lvl 6. let her push all the way to your turret. give her a free shot or 2 to make her feel like she is the better player.

Side note: last hitting against ashe is all about baiting her volley with a fake last hit effort. she does have a cd on it so fake run in then come back to your safe line then run in for the kill. Also remember if they are at your turret she wont attack you for fear of the turret if your right beside your turret. Even if she does she will take more damage then she dished out and will probably think twice before doing it again. Hint: stun =)

lvl 6:

You should have at least 925 gold and about 20-30 ap depending on runes and last hitting. Time to get some kills in. port back buy cat come back and act the same this time when she uses her volley go in like your going in for a kill and hit her instead. 5-8 times will get her to about 3 bars after pots and a possible heal / lvl up so make sure you know what items she bought and what summoner spells she has. then next time she gets in range stun and finsih her off.

Its quite a bit longer then I had hoped but hope this helps,

Isamaru

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

11-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamaru View Post
Ashe is actually a great char to use as an example.

lvl 1-5:

Start off by figuring out exactly how far she needs to be to hit you with her volley. make some mental markers based on where she is on the map. Now you have an invisible line you can use as your safe zone. remember she may be a smart player but you are too. let her feel like she has the lane control until you hit lvl 6. let her push all the way to your turret. give her a free shot or 2 to make her feel like she is the better player.

Side note: last hitting against ashe is all about baiting her volley with a fake last hit effort. she does have a cd on it so fake run in then come back to your safe line then run in for the kill. Also remember if they are at your turret she wont attack you for fear of the turret if your right beside your turret. Even if she does she will take more damage then she dished out and will probably think twice before doing it again. Hint: stun =)

lvl 6:

You should have at least 925 gold and about 20-30 ap depending on runes and last hitting. Time to get some kills in. port back buy cat come back and act the same this time when she uses her volley go in like your going in for a kill and hit her instead. 5-8 times will get her to about 3 bars after pots and a possible heal / lvl up so make sure you know what items she bought and what summoner spells she has. then next time she gets in range stun and finsih her off.

Its quite a bit longer then I had hoped but hope this helps,

Isamaru

Yup. The beauty of this is that Veigar's early game ult got doubled in damage. An extra 100 damage really helps out with the first early game kill. Nice post though, pretty much sums it up. Often if you let them think they're in control they will overextend. Know where your turret line is, and throw an event horizon trapping them between the stun and turret fire.

falcoBoat

11-27-2009

I have played quite a lot of Veigar and these are my findings:

>>The ranged creeps die in 2 hits past one tower hit. Hit two of them once before they get to the tower so you can hit them to death, the other on you can Q, or two if you have some decent -CD or are good with hit->Q etc
>>Teemo/Sivir etc can push you back early but you can farm really well, two tower hits on a melee creep and a hit (with masteries) or a Q will finish it off
>>Exhaust+talent is HUGE early game. As said before, if you make them think they are dominating the lane (especially Ashe or similar) you can land a W Q E on an exhausted target (-resist, ownage) quite easily and a kill followed by mana potion and farm is massive
>>I just played against a ridiculously good Twisted Fate and he *will* push you. I'm talking gold every time, nuke on the gold every time: buy another couple of health potions early (take teleport/exhaust: flash is good for anti-gank but with CM in your lane the ganks should be obvious from other chars and you can avoid them)
>>Tear first is all good but I prefer Catalyst first if you're not going Chalice/Mass AP. Tear is nice but you can't spam Q towards the last 1/3 of the tele cooldown, you will run out of mana. Chalice ensures a constant flow of AP as when you're low you will have Q up almost constantly whereas Tear lets you spam a bit but if you hit 3/4 of a creep wave with Q for AP you will run out very soon without runes and full masteries.
>>I prefer 2 Event Horizon before any Dark Matter (I usually get the ulti at 6 for the danger of a teleport gank and running into you lane after; if they don't die it still lends a huge hand for farming on your team...tele to the best lane for it ofc...DM on an EV edge is all good but a decent player will avoid it or flash out of it etc)
>>The most important thing for mid level play is identifying their good players! If you see they have a good Jax/Yi/Ashe as opposed to a Taric/Evely/Anivia/Ryze etc you can adjust your playstyle and build accordingly. Similar to your allies, knowing which enemy heroes will hit-move you or nuke the correct target or kite/turtle as needs be will make a big difference; when a big gank goes down if you nuke their good player to very low they will back off, and whilst your team might be feeling the pain you can lead the assault until your stun cools down and get another kill or two and a tower. If you get the **** players you will just be farmed as you chase. This is important for all LoL champions but particularly pertinent for Veigar as you are looking to lasthit all enemy heroes and provide the majority of the damage in a many versus few gank.

Hopefully this is helpful.

xx

CFab

11-29-2009

I just tried this guide out.

I ended up with around 14/5, but we still lost

Comboing the other teams ashe 10 times still didnt stop nasus and blitzcrank from raping my tyrandamere and teemo.

dark matter is sick by the way, big damage

k0b3 CleoFairy

11-30-2009

I noticed a lot of these guides are directed at really high level summoners so you can pack runes into your sheet. I'm currently level 5 and trying to get good with Veigar, is there anything I need to be doing differently at such a low summoner level? Or just ignore the runes and it should still be fine?

My BS has an awful long cooldown to be able to pull off what you sometimes describe.

Edit: By runes I meant masteries, but there's actually a problem with both, so it works.

123birds

11-30-2009

I agree with everyhing you say minus the item build and the skill build, I go baleful-->Primordial-->1 level in Dark matter-->Horizon to level 4--> finish dark matter-->last horizon point in that priority order. My build is then Chalice-->Sorc Boots-->Senjais-->Abbysal-->Void-->Zhonyas. I do a magic pen page for all that i can and then the rest in AP. Endgame i basicaly ignore magic resistance.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-02-2009

Got a livestream up and running. Has a couple vids of me playing Veigar on it. Should check it out if anyone gets bored!

livestream.com/Roku

RiskX

Recruiter

12-02-2009

@ Roku I just want to ask why is your user interface in your screen shot different from mine?

Rokudan

The Council

12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskX View Post
@ Roku I just want to ask why is your user interface in your screen shot different from mine?

Hahaha, woops. That would be because of how long ago I took the screenshots That was the interface in beta before the current one.

Danulas

12-02-2009

Absolutely love the guide, Roku. I've had several amazing games with Veigar since reading this guide.

However, my item build has looked like this.

Sapphire Crystal
Tear
Sorc Boots
Ruby
Catalyst
Archangel's
Rod of Ages
etc.

I tend to wait to finish off Rod of Ages because of the Catalyst health and mana regen on leveling up.

I've also been using Ignite and Flash. The early game benefits of Ignite are extremely helpful. 10 free AP at those levels? What's not to like?

I took this to a game last night and went 18-4.