[Guide] Veigar, The Tiny Master of HADOKEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CryHavoc

10-04-2009

Okay, my main problem right now is I can't get AP to go high enough? What are some ways to max this? Should I be jungling for a large part of my 11-14 levels? I already had staff of ages at this point and was

I just played in a game where I had solo lane. I was up against another solo viegar. I killed him twice, was using my Q as much as possible to get AP kills, and at ~17-18 minutes I still only had 98 AP.

I'm just not maxing my AP fast enough, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
Okay, my main problem right now is I can't get AP to go high enough? What are some ways to max this? Should I be jungling for a large part of my 11-14 levels? I already had staff of ages at this point and was

I just played in a game where I had solo lane. I was up against another solo viegar. I killed him twice, was using my Q as much as possible to get AP kills, and at ~17-18 minutes I still only had 98 AP.

I'm just not maxing my AP fast enough, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Sounds like you're doing fine, just you don't have runes backing you up. I'd try and set a rune page of force/potency because that will help you out early. And then of course as you level you'll get more ap from runes. Currently I get 78 ap from my runes at level 18, so around 39 from runes at 9. Pretty big chunk. You don't really want to jungle much, just the golem, mostly just stay in a lane and keep using your Q.

CryHavoc

10-04-2009

Yeah, i'm only level 14 right now. =\

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-04-2009

Quote:
Yeah, i'm only level 14 right now. =\
Yea and I checked out your rune pages :P

CryHavoc

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Yea and I checked out your rune pages :P

What runes are you using? Because at present I'm only getting ~30-35ish AP from my runes at level 18. I'm sure there's a discrepancy because I'm only level 17, but I'm just curious.

Also in late game, do you need support if you're playing against skilled players? Or can you pretty much 1vs1 anyone? I'm having a lot of problems with champs who can uncloak next to me with a stun and set my health bar really low for anyone else to come in and stun/finish me off before I can cast a single spell.

Rokudan

The Council

10-06-2009

Quote:
What runes are you using? Because at present I'm only getting ~30-35ish AP from my runes at level 18. I'm sure there's a discrepancy because I'm only level 17, but I'm just curious.

Also in late game, do you need support if you're playing against skilled players? Or can you pretty much 1vs1 anyone? I'm having a lot of problems with champs who can uncloak next to me with a stun and set my health bar really low for anyone else to come in and stun/finish me off before I can cast a single spell.
Haha as I've said in a post right above yours and in the guide itself, full force runes lead to +78 ap at 18

And no, I usually don't need support especially in 1v1. Heck, most of the time I don't need support in 1v2 or maybe 1v3. i can usually kill someone and get away. However, it is stealth that give me the roughest time. Since Veigar's strength lies in range and event horizon, you lose all advantages when opened on by stealth. My suggestion would be to get oracle elixirs or make someone else on your team get them and follow them. Realistically, if you can see the twitch or eve before they attack you, you should be able to blow them up. Especially if they open on someone else instead of you.

CryHavoc

10-06-2009

Thanks for the quick response. I'm competing in most games now and it's always fun to watch your enemies run away as soon as they see you approaching. :P

Another quick question: My Dark Matter is one of the best creep/minion kill abilities ever, but even if it hits another champ dead on, it doesn't seem to do a whole lot of damage to them (maybe 1/5th of life on average). Did they nerf it? My ult + Q is dropping a lot of champs before they can react, but your guide states that W is the leading damage dealer late game. I find this not to be the case so far.

Rokudan

The Council

10-07-2009

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. I'm competing in most games now and it's always fun to watch your enemies run away as soon as they see you approaching. :P

Another quick question: My Dark Matter is one of the best creep/minion kill abilities ever, but even if it hits another champ dead on, it doesn't seem to do a whole lot of damage to them (maybe 1/5th of life on average). Did they nerf it? My ult + Q is dropping a lot of champs before they can react, but your guide states that W is the leading damage dealer late game. I find this not to be the case so far.

Dark Matter hasn't been nerfed as far as I can tell, it still does sizeable damage. The main reason that it is considered your leading damage dealer late game is because:

• It's AoE, can hit multiple targets fairly easy, fairly often, and from a pretty safe distance with event horizon.
  • It scales much better, with higher base damage and almost double the AP ratio of baleful
  • Pushing is prevalent late game, so if they want to push they HAVE to go through dark matters, which makes it hit even more reliably on even more targets
Don't get me wrong, baleful is still pretty useful especially because of its cooldown, and Veigar's ult definitely packs a punch. However, the natural scaling of dark matter leads it to do more damage in a single hit. Usually I'm able to get one-two dark matters on to portions of the enemy team before team fights start which really weakens them. It's a really nice spell to just throw around for both tons of damage and herding/mind game purposes.

Rokudan

The Council

10-13-2009

If you don't feel like talking here, decent Veigar discussion going on:

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=16761

Discussion and clashing of playstyles is the only way that the metagame can change!

Mannan

The Council

10-13-2009

I tried your build out and it was pretty effective.
Here is the mastery file if anyone uses Mastery Quick Swap (http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=17361).