[Guide] Veigar, The Tiny Master of HADOKEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BamSucka

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormworm View Post
I switched playing to Singed now that im getting tougher opponents wich easily counter anything Veigar throws at them. I especially hate it when people flash just when my ulti is about to hit them, and it cancels the effects. They should give some thought to this hero and buff him a bit somehow. He does nice single target damage but id rather have Ryze or Annie in my team instead.
Look on the bright side, you just made them waste their Flash, which has a much longer CD than Event.

prodigaltim

04-15-2010

Just tried your tired and true build on Veigar. I'm a noob, dying 7 times I still owned endgame.

xukca

04-19-2010

Usually, 2-3 months ago I used to play veigar -> hunters guise, catalyst-boots1, mejai, boots(have played him with all kind of boots except zerks and tabi... anti cc is mostly a must thou :/) rodOfAges/Banshee, void staff/zonya.

I stopped playing veigar (Morde, flippin ninjas, ezrael... so many new champs who are so strong vs poor master of evil). I started rocking with Annie and went 3:1 (on eu server, cuz the lag on US is too high to make a decent game) over stats (~50 annie wins fr no time).

Last patch notes -> Buff on archangels, remake of the guise. Interesting.
VERY interesting.
why?

Because, archangle is a VIABLE ITEM again (All enemy ryzes like him, muahahah fear my hadooken) and even I tend to use him, cuz zonya no longer satisfies my mana hunger :/
Ok, but what about hunters guise? 10% lifesteal on ability is just GREAT to have (5% on meteor hitting each target for more than 700...). So, the guise now is not early game item, but cheap MID-LATE game gamechanger!
why?

-Because it enables you to stay in battle AS VEIGAR. And this, as we well know, is something really hard, because hes so squish and everyone tries to nuke him. But guess what? 1 RIGHT Meteor and u gain 200-400 HP back. A baleful and u gain 50hp.... 1 primordial and u gain 100 hp back. This combined with fortitude potion makes veigar really a threat, cuz he kites very well (in comparison before the patch) and is not anymore such an ez kill.

Im experimenting with builds now, but I usually buy doran or ruby as first item and play very passively in a "dangerous lane". After this, I build either tear or catalyst, boots.

Here is really situational, I want to buy mejai, but Ive met only hard teams and I cant afford this item, so I invest faster either in guise or in banshee. After this I buy acrhangles, again void/zonya.

Ive played this 5-6 times, lost only once, all the games goin something like ~10 4 15. (In comparison with the old days (20 kills with high reward build), this is nothing... but still it enables you to play ur favorite veigar and even win!)

I wonder what roku thinks about this, and if he tries to develop the strat further or give any insight, all veigar players should be very pleased :P

cheers

Dessim8

04-22-2010

Even with all that, he's too one dimensional and not even top dog at it where others are a bit more diversified. Honestly, I'd say his skills need some alteration. Make his AP gain his passive and give his two Single Target nukes something new. Maybe Primordial burst ignores stuff like flash and

I miss the CDR on Haunting Guise, though Archangel's capacity for +1000 mana (on top of its base 400 and 25 MP/5, highest of any item) gives it great value for the Mana hungry wizard.

He still needs something though, and more mana champs to nuke isn't a viable answer.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

04-22-2010

I'm sure he'll be looked at soon. I'll be sure to update the guide when that time comes.

k0b3 CleoFairy

06-02-2010

Time to update the guide Roku!

Also this was the first thread I ever posted in. How about that?

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

06-04-2010

Roger! Might still wait til he gets some more looking at though..playing him at high elo is still really frustrating for me

k0b3 CleoFairy

06-04-2010

Alright, sounds fair enough, you're the expert after all.

Gromzor

06-14-2010

I've got about 200 games on Vieger since beta. I just started playing him again recently.

He does need some help.

One small buff that would would be really nice would be an increase on the range of event horizon. Not much, maybe 100. I always find myself trying to place a horizon just outside the range and the delay causes me to mis-time the stun as he moves to cast and makes a big difference.

Other than that I think there is a big imbalance between spells mana cost and spell effectiveness across all champs. Non-mage champs shouldn't be able to run around and use an "ability" that is spammable, better than my Q and costs less mana. If thier abilities are that good they should cost more mana and the should therby require/desire a larger mana pool. A larger mana pool that I blow up in thier face with my R. But this is a much more involved issue.

karadur

06-23-2010

Well its finally happened. Veigar finally got a substancial change. I'm not sure how i feel about it myself as the release notes are a little too vague on a few points. Since it says Baleful strike ALSO gives 1/2/3/4/5 ap for each champion kill from ANY source does that mean whenever you kill a champion no matter with what or when ANY champion is killed. Also do you still get the ap from minion kills? Do you still get ap from killing with Primordial and does it stack with Baleful now? Does Primordial still even give ap for a kill?

All these questions and more come to my mind. While I would consider the changes to Event Horizon and Dark matter to be a buff I'm afraid that Primordial Burst might have been nerfed to near uselessness against anyone without ap and even do less against those Mana champs that have AP. Heck I'm not even sure if it does more against the Manaless champs than what it did with the bonus damage buff even if they get ap. Of course thats asuming that the .8 of your and their ap means that there is no other ap ratio added in. Not really much of an asumption as they go since if they kept the normal ap ratio and basically added .8 to it then Primordial would probobly be far too rape.

Anyway I very much look forward to when you update the guide Roku as I found your thoughts and tips very insightful. Perhaps my fears are unfounded and Veigar will teach the true meaning of the Hadoken to the unbelievers.