[Guide] Veigar, The Tiny Master of HADOKEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riotcontrol

Member

12-21-2009

Love your new setups, and ive adapted some of the new items into my veigar setup allready XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBERT View Post
Roku, based on your experience which is better for Quintessence? Potency or Force? I alrdy read what yousaid about potency better in beginning of game, but what about your personal preference? Im leaning towards Potency because of the fact it's more beneficial to beginning of game. Do good at beginning means usually better ending?
Yea that's how I usually feel about it. It's not much of a boost early, but it's there. The new clarity seems pretty darn viable too, have to play a couple more games with it. Potentially could switch up builds with it. Throwing a point into improved is good for team fights late, too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MudBERT

Senior Member

12-21-2009

I went with potency since like I said it really help towards the beginning. Also since i use elixirs giving me already 10 percent cooldown for 4 mins I was thinking what if i added cool downs, but I might experience it when I have more IP. Right now I went with blue-Ap, red-magic pen, yellow-Ap, and quint-Ap. Total of AP was way lower than what i expected, but w/e its better than nothing. Right now my runes are...

Magic Pen. +5.6
AP +29 @ level 18
AP +9


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBERT View Post
I went with potency since like I said it really help towards the beginning. Also since i use elixirs giving me already 10 percent cooldown for 4 mins I was thinking what if i added cool downs, but I might experience it when I have more IP. Right now I went with blue-Ap, red-magic pen, yellow-Ap, and quint-Ap. Total of AP was way lower than what i expected, but w/e its better than nothing. Right now my runes are...

Magic Pen. +5.6
AP +29 @ level 18
AP +9
Yup, that's how I do it too.

For me, with full book, it's:

Magic Pen +8.5
AP + 44 @ 18
AP + 13


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phixation

Senior Member

12-21-2009

Didn't read the replies much, I just want to say that I have tried this build all night and had amazing results....compared to how I usually build.

I followed your guide to the T ( I always do that and modify where I feel could be more efficient)....and I don't think I would change anything.

My last game was 26-2-15 building/using this build. Most other games except for a few where I solo qued against some nasty premades I did very well, but that last one was amazing.

I <3 you and recommend this guide 100%.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MudBERT

Senior Member

12-23-2009

Check it out Roku =]

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/MrPaco/843AP.jpg

I ended up dying really dumb in last few mins like 3 times and went 27-5-7

Second guide is so fun to use stacking AP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Castbound

Junior Member

12-23-2009

sweet i intend on using 2 of the three builds. I usually play twisted fate and veigar, maybe mundo but with veigar, if you have a weak aponent but strong like ryze do you want to stay away or harass?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBERT View Post
Check it out Roku =]

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/MrPaco/843AP.jpg

I ended up dying really dumb in last few mins like 3 times and went 27-5-7

Second guide is so fun to use stacking AP

Haha, very nice Glad to see so many people picking up and abusing Veigar now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kergian

Junior Member

12-24-2009

Hey Roku! I love your guide =D Veigar is my favorite hero.

I didnt read through all the comments so I dont know if this was already posted.

I have a little oppinion about the "high risk - high reward" build. I tried to get Deathfire Grasp instead of Lich Bane. I like it more because of the high burst, nice cd reduction and ap. I dont think that normal attacks deal a huge damage with Veigar. Is Lich so much better because of the 100% bonus attack?

And something to add : When should I leap void staff? Because on my skill level there are people that dont buy magic armor and so I think itīs a little waste when it occures and there is no tank ;x ( doesnt happen often, but it happens. ) I could get Lich Bane + Deathfire Grasp then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelin

Senior Member

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergian View Post
Hey Roku! I love your guide =D Veigar is my favorite hero.

I didnt read through all the comments so I dont know if this was already posted.

I have a little oppinion about the "high risk - high reward" build. I tried to get Deathfire Grasp instead of Lich Bane. I like it more because of the high burst, nice cd reduction and ap. I dont think that normal attacks deal a huge damage with Veigar. Is Lich so much better because of the 100% bonus attack?

And something to add : When should I leap void staff? Because on my skill level there are people that dont buy magic armor and so I think itīs a little waste when it occures and there is no tank ;x ( doesnt happen often, but it happens. ) I could get Lich Bane + Deathfire Grasp then.
Void staff totally depends on the game. But if enemy has mercury treads + chalice of harmony item they already are somewhere on 70 magic res of items + 30 bas (= 100). Void staff gives you 40 magic pen in that scenario which is pretty awesome for the buck.

Also sheen gives 100% bonus damage, lich bane gives 100% of your ABILITY POWER in bonus damage. On a point where you have zhonya + RoA and a void a lich bane offers you a free nuke (650 damage with 1 attack).

To be honest I'm no fan of a lich bane. The point where I have a the oppurtinity to buy a lich bane comes together with the point I'm fed up and main damage dealer/ stunner so I have like 5 heroes on me and have more or less to hit and run and happy if I'm able to cast my spells. CD reduction does help me more but that is personal preference (and don't tell me golem buff covers it, it's hard to get as lately 3 out of 5 players in a team think they can have golem buff all the time, impossible)