[Guide] Veigar, The Tiny Master of HADOKEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noinaitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP4ME View Post
So, until I'm high enough level to have all those runes and mastery points I suppose it's to be expected that I won't be getting a crazy amount of kills in a game?
Kill steal.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP4ME View Post
So, until I'm high enough level to have all those runes and mastery points I suppose it's to be expected that I won't be getting a crazy amount of kills in a game?

Ehhh... Kinda?

You can still do quite a bit with just masteries, but I definitely would suggest getting some force blue or insight red runes pretty quick. You should still be holding your own without them, but you will definitely notice an increase as you get them. Basically, runes and masteries (at least to me) affect the early game the most. Early game determines how smooth your game goes. However, once you get to holding your own without them, it'll be cake when you get the runes and masteries

Crazy Kortz

12-14-2009

Maybe that's why I am missing my big OMPH then. Perhaps I should try to level so that I can get the good runes. Also on another note, one bar of health, is that about the same as 100hp?

Dwal15

12-14-2009

Great guide! I've been using the low AP vs high damage and its really been working out for me...also I finally got a hang of the dark matter + horizon and got a couple of kills with it. Thanks

k0b3 CleoFairy

12-14-2009

Thanks for the tips!

Vanoc

12-16-2009

Thanks for the great guide, I've been playing Veigar for a while now and having a lot of success. However, I run into trouble every time someone on my team manages to pick him before me, as I dont know the other heroes that well.

I was wondering - what do other Veigar players pick if they cant get Veigar? Prefarably something that uses a similar rune/mastery build. Could you suggest a backup hero?

ForestCrunk

12-16-2009

Any caster really. Annie, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, even Soraka imo. That's who I play Gonna try out Karthas soon

xzymethx

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThunderclap View Post
Any caster really. Annie, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, even Soraka imo. That's who I play Gonna try out Karthas soon
its still karthus

Rokudan

The Council

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanoc View Post
Thanks for the great guide, I've been playing Veigar for a while now and having a lot of success. However, I run into trouble every time someone on my team manages to pick him before me, as I dont know the other heroes that well.

I was wondering - what do other Veigar players pick if they cant get Veigar? Prefarably something that uses a similar rune/mastery build. Could you suggest a backup hero?
I personally love Annie and Fiddlesticks too when I'm filling the caster role but can't pick Veigar. Annie is super easy to pick up and learn, Fiddlesticks is a little bit more but still really fun.

Meister

12-17-2009

This guide makes me sad because I play Veigar a lot but I recently spent a lot of IP on cooldown glyphs and mana regen seals. I was finding that, especially early game, I had tons of mana problems, even though I'm following your exact build. Usually I'm only able to solo golem at level 10ish, so up until then I have constant mana problems, to the point where my teammates get angry at me because I'm basically useless early game from being oom from constantly baleful last hitting creeps.

Can you go into more detail in your guide about how you get the golem buff? Do you basically have to rely on teammates? I find it hard to get my teammates to cooperate with me to get golem in solo queue. If you solo it, at what level and how? Do you need full health/mana to do it? Do you blow primordial blast on the golem? An exact description of how you get golem would be appreciated, since I feel like it's a huge boost to Veigar's effectiveness. I'm just sad I blew all that IP on those runes.