New Jungle and Fiora

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KobuZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

So with the changes to the jungle some champions may have some trouble with the new mechanics. I personally like Fiora's jungle. Do you think it will effect her ability to jungle at all?

Archadion

11-15-2012

To quote Statikk on the new jungle thread:

Quote:
I feel Fiora is significantly weaker than Jax in the jungle.

She has no AoE at all so the smaller monsters are a non-trivial time sink for her. Her resilience is much lower considering she only gets to negate 1 attack as opposed to the many Jax dodges at each camp. Additionally her ganks are significantly less scary due to no CC.
That's not to say she's a bad jungle. She's just not great in comparison to Jax, who Statikk previously said was one of the champions who might be overpowered in the new jungle, due to his skillset. Many autoattack dodges and AoE damage in combination, Leap and Counter Strike combo lets him jump from the bushes and then stun you with no chance to fight back.

Maleric

11-15-2012

Fiora isn't that great of champ in general imo... She has like a 30 something percent win rate in plats... She definitely needs a buff and something to actually make her a good duelist since her entire lore is central to that... Imo she should be on par with Jax according to her lore, if not a bit better of a duelist.

Aeternum

11-15-2012

So, back on topic . . . .

I'm pretty sure that they mentioned somewhere in one of the preview threads that the jungle changes will make the jungle more friendly to the 1v1 champs, i.e. Fiora and Gangplank. If I recall, that's because the larger minions in each camp are going to become more dominant, and the smaller ones even weaker. It'll help the junglers that prioritize dueling.

Like Fiora.

Maleric

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeternum View Post
So, back on topic . . . .

I'm pretty sure that they mentioned somewhere in one of the preview threads that the jungle changes will make the jungle more friendly to the 1v1 champs, i.e. Fiora and Gangplank. If I recall, that's because the larger minions in each camp are going to become more dominant, and the smaller ones even weaker. It'll help the junglers that prioritize dueling.

Like Fiora.
Topic has already been answered by the quoting of Statikk who is overseeing the jungle changes and looked at how she actually does in the new jungle. He said she was weaker...

I was commenting on that fact. Thank you.

KobuZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
Fiora isn't that great of champ in general imo... She has like a 30 something percent win rate in plats... She definitely needs a buff and something to actually make her a good duelist since her entire lore is central to that... Imo she should be on par with Jax according to her lore, if not a bit better of a duelist.
I said that I personally like her, no she is not the best but I think she is a strong champion when in the right hands and on the right team.

Maleric

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobuZero View Post
I said that I personally like her, no she is not the best
I like everything about her except how she performs in game. I was excited when I first saw her, but then I saw how well she actually does. She needs a strong buff and right now I feel there are champions that do everything she does, far better. Sure, a black powder gun can kill someone just the same as an M-4, but which would you choose?

I would love to see her buffed and viable as I would love to play her as well.