((LAST RP - OPEN)) The End of Days

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

11-20-2011

((And I want to be sure Hitashi isn't too OP. Because I really like decimating hordes of weaker creatures...))

Fenix12345

11-20-2011

((I am so utterly tempted to join, it would be a brilliant opportunity to develop http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1172 , but I'm not entirely sure as I'm in Aus and that would mean i can only contrib after 9pm. Looks good though, I will be watching this one closely))

Fenix12345

11-20-2011

((Stuff it, if it's alright with you Del I'll join, but I might hitch on Eredale's band wagon and be more of a background character so as to not slow anyone down.))

Skies above Zaun
Fenix felt a shiver up his spine, his primary feathers twitching and flexing as he climbed. It was not the weather, he had been pleasantly warm despite the cool, early morning; the thermals from the many chimneys and repositories of Zaun served as both heater and cradle. He did not like to sleep on the wing, but it was a learned habit since his first millenia; and one that had saved him many hours of travel and sleep. He still felt tired, and his target was missing; half an hour of dozing had just cost him nearly 3 days worth of trailing.

The thermals were not the most pleasant place to be, though warm and accomodating to his flight; the smell was terrible. It filled his nose and he nearly gagged on a particular odor, it was a wonder it hadn't ruined his lungs; spending all this time up here. Then something changed, the air was filled with the presence of magic, an overwhelming stench of magic. Fenix ducked, his hand reaching out and grasping the air as Reason materialised in a spectacular swirl of blue; just in time to absorb a deadly bolt as the air around him dissolved into chaos. Lightning arced every which way around him, striking the air and narrowly missing his flesh. He was not wholly fortunate however, the lightning struck the thermal and the gas ignited, sending him into a world of flame. He was going down, falling through the storm.

Delmegar

11-21-2011

(( I apologize guys, recently promoted at my job. Makes for very rare posts. Today, however, I can post a lot. Possibly tomorrow.

That aside, I prefer people not to be too strong. Our characters should be able to be hurt at least. As inferior and base as the imps may be, there are many, they are dangerous, and they are somewhat intelligent, if not malicious. Expect them to ambush from high places, from dark alley corridors, etc. As for the troll like monsters, they are extremely brutish and hard to bring down.

As the imps were compared to a swarm of pestilence, or locusts, think of them as a charging wall. They are quite strong, and violent, in a brutish way, not malicious, like the imps.

And again, as for myself, I am happy to see you guys posting, I tried to make it as open for you all to post without me as I could. Though I should have left myself out of the scene. And as Birdy can vouch for me, you can come in as any character ((not too powerful or over powered and key to plot)) and I will work around them and you. Thanks, guys.))

Luparis watched as the Zaunite militia rallied behind strangers with measurable power. They fought as individuals; from a mad biker woman, to strange mages, to a dog man with a powerful artifact. The sword was particularly effective against his pet imps. Not that he cared. They were products of his magic, not of importance.

He ignored the question posed to him by one of the strangers as a swarm of imps rushed passed. Zaunite's on a nearby platform were elevated by a mechanism, each of them wielding short range rifles, and opening fire onto the imps. As they did so, the populace fled in terror. As his minions pushed further into the city, they reached a square, perhaps a hub of this sector, where 3 massive doors slowly opened.

To his surprise, the city was putting up far more of a fight than anticipated. With a loud clanking, and rattling of chains heaving the doors to open, large machines rolled out, aiming there incinerators on the monsters. Soon, his minions were under fire from both the tanks and militia rifleman, with guards at every corner rushing citizens to safety. It was only a matter of time before others arrived.

"It makes no matter, failure or success. In the end, all will burn, regardless." His voice became a low rumble. The ground around him trembled violently. Behind him the air started to shimmer, as if something were reflecting off some unseen surface. 3 large crystals materialized, black as night, all 3. Every few moments or so they would flicker red momentarily. "I am needed elsewhere, brave warriors. Give my regards to the League." Lupa smiled, flashing fang, and then disappeared as quickly as he came. From the burning pit he stood at, a large creature pulled itself up. First two massive, claws hands; purple. They tore at the stone street. Then it's head. A massive, terrifying thing, with 3 mouths over one another, filled with razor sharp teeth. It's spiked, barbed body was too large to fully emerge.

((The creature is a boss, very dangerous. It is roughly the size of a house with hands the size of people, 6 green eyes around its head, a turtle like shell on its back covered in blades. The crystals circle the creature and yes, they are obviously important, in some way.))

Delmegar

11-21-2011

((Lupa vanished, for the time being. So, as to not get caught up in posts. The monster is something like the kraken, but without tentacles.))

HellBringer

11-21-2011

"...I see." Rageares then pronounce. Luparis then suddenly disappear leaving a mark from his disappearance. A diabolic beast came out ground roaring tremendously terrifying the civilians of Zaun. It had sharp claws and teeth, three mouths, and violent skin.
"Ah beautiful Mutant of destruction, but this shall end horribly." Rageares than smiled.

He then quickly pronounce "De avolabunt quasi ignis ardens caeli sub pedibus meis." suddenly the beast quickly reacted and hurled his arms towards me. Rageares then quickly reacted and dodge its hit and started to run over his arm while clasping his hands and reciting a powerful spell. "Relictis signum divini iudicii vestri." Ragares recited the second verse creating burning mark in the sky, illuminating Zaun dirty skies with divine light. Then the beast opened his mouth sending flying imps with bony weapons cover with green goo. Rageares then jumped on the imp to imp trying to dodge the attacks of the great beast and still focusing on his spell then said "Invoco columna ignis ut millions of civlization deletum. O magnum deum magnum ignis infernalis upont victimae in oculis meis sic videt lacus."

A giant black obelisk engraved with forgotten runes came out from the sky. Worsening the effects of the thunderstorm. Rageares than laughed and said "Burn, Golden Blaze". The Runes then glowed in bright golden color shaking the sky with its tremendous energy.
"Even though I am one of the High Summoners. I still have to lower my power against you to avoid environmental changes of this....ecosystem of modern diversity..." Rageares then said in disgust. He then hold his hand up, lowering the magic around Zaun by suppressing with one of his relics that most High Summoners use. He then pronounced "Otium" calming Zaun magic levels massively. Then suddenly the black obelisk started to glow in a yellow aura.

"You have 5 minutes to destroy this obelisk before it destroys you."

(( I guess you could say its little op but its easily destroyed by the beast but you guys can protect it righttt ))

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2011

Eredale turned his gaze from the plate, which still rapidly changed images of the ongoing chaos. He could see the rogue mage clearly without the aid of his equipment now; as the black crystals materialized around him, he smirked and shook his head.

"Well, let's start up on what we came here for. Prepare to take notes as I analyze his... hey hey hey, wait just a second!~"

The planeswalker stepped closer to the edge of the roof, shaking his fist at the place where his target disappeared, replaced by some indefinite mass of flesh and razors. Barely slipping on the corroded metal, Eredale stepped back, and clutched his fist again.

"You know... I like a challenge, but someone who gets away every time right after I prepare to examine him is just enormous. Well then, you just wait!"

The calm manner of the mage was changing in an eye's blink - going to excitement spiced with slight frustration. It wasn't the first time Luparis has escaped him without even realizing that. Whether it was his thoughts, dreams (a rarity) or physical presence, each time Eredale tried to confirm what kind of person the rogue mage was, he instantly slipped out of his metaphorical grasp. Eredale cancelled out the vision plate, and grabbed at his scarf, pulling it from his neck.

Lutecia's reflectionless eyes widened. "Wait, what are you... Don't! That's too revealing, and you risk to~"

"Calm down." Eredale cut her off. "Just something to remember me by; and yes, I remember it's a city." He held the scarf up in his hand - it straightened, and in a few moments Eredale's hand was holding an extremely long ornate ivory staff, topped with a bird figurine. It was quite heavy; the planeswalker held it with both hands, and aimed it in the direction of the appearing creature. A bright glow surrounded the bird's beak - a footlong red crystal materialized in it, and the bird's wings spread, its eyes glowing.

"Lute, make precision for one of those crystals, preferrably when it flashes." He was smiling as his mana reserves flowed through the magic conduit, shaping the spell sigil in front of the staff.

The girl said nothing - she aimed her hand at the very same sigil, and a few pages flicked out of her hand, surrounding it. The wavering staff movements stopped, held still and precise. The seconds of timing passed as the deviations were estimated; and then, the spell was released.

Nothing out of ordinary, it was a thin, concentrated beam of pure power - Eredale chose penetration type, dealing with a single target. The beam reached the crystal in a matter of seconds, striking it dead on in a precise mage-sniping display.

Delmegar

11-21-2011

Memorium
Summoner Sanctum, Noxus

"Luparis, what has happened to you?" A female Summoner said, her blond hair falling from her purple Summoner robes. Beneath her green eyes carried the heavy burden of heartache. Her hand glowed with the power of a family heirloom enchanted with great power.

The former Summoner, stood, enthralled by some magic they had never before seen. The two were circled by numerous mages of low class, other than Shey, his former friend.

Luparis was warped, his mind processing a hundred things a minute, never stopping, never satisfied with his surroundings. The air between them crackled with energy, lighting the dimly lit antechamber, revealing his crimson eyes.

"Shey, this world, the potential is limitless. The boundaries that chain the fabric of illusion must be broken, and the real world will then be revealed. Only then will it be perfect." Luparis said, betraying no affection, no emotion to his former friends. The air snapped forward in a pulse of light led, striking down a robed mage, tearing gore and bone from his body. "Magic is a gateway to a world of limitless possibility, my dear, and we, are the privileged few who are entitled to walk through." the mages stepped back, shielding themselves from the destructive magic in the room.

Some were too late, others too weak to block his power. He smiled as the walls and floor cracked under the pressure. "this is your one chance, Shey. All of you. To join me, in paradise, a haven. The Void will no longer be a threat."

She shook her head, knocking her hood loose, and showing the tears flow freely from her eyes. "No, Lupa, a hundred times no! This was never meant to be this way. This is not what the League, no, the world stands for! If the Void comes, we will stop it. But before that, if you are set on this path of insanity, then we will stop you!"

Birdy51

11-21-2011

Deep within the Zaunite Ward for Insane Persons, there exists many types of men. Some cower in fear at unknown fates. Others scream and ask to be released, clawing at the very people put in place to help them. More will say nothing at all. One hides his insanity in plain sight, but plots in the shadows.

His name, is Doctor Victor Hunch. For 48 agonizing long years, he was left to rot in his personal hell for the murder and illegal acts performed against his family, ones that he openly admits about. Though physically weak and frail, he speaks of powers beyond mortal strength, laughable ideas when you look at his gaunt form.

But today was different. He could feel it in his bones, something was going to happen. Wearing his straightjacket, he paced the room in agitation. Today freedom would be his. The cell door opened to show his doctor, a man in a white lab coat. "Subject 242, stand."

"I am already standing you cur..." spat the doctor. The oaf noted this, making a small check upon his paper. His beady eyes shown out behind his glasses. The psychariatrist continued writing with his hex tech pen before clicking it to a stop.

"Any requests patient 242 that you would like to ask of the asylum board?" The man did not bother to look from his board. The sounds of screaming, a regular occurance could be heard in the backround. Victor looked up, with a resolute glare.

"I demand my freedom of this place. I must finish the test, and once I do, I'll kill all of you!" He lunged forward, only to be intercepted by two armed officials in white. The blasted fool kept writing, as his pen whirred off.

"Your request will be submitted to the asylum board, but I can gurantee that it will not be granted if you continue such reckless behaviour. Gentlemen, release the patient." The two men shoved Victor deep into his cell. More screams could be heard, causing the psychatrist's head to turn. He gestured with his hand, sighing deeply with a hint of disgust. "Check on the Olive ward, I'll finish up here." They nodded, going off.

The shrink closed the door, putting his back to the grating. With his dirty little pen, he wrote foul things... Evil whispers of ill tidings. It was because of him, Victor was never released because of the black efforts of this man, this monster forever shrouding himself in false white. "Open this door once more... And you will surely die." muttered Victor. "You are weak without your underlings, weaker than I!"

The pen clicked violently as the door swung open. The crys were becoming louder. An angry fool walked into the room, pointing his silly pen at Victor. "I will tell you once more! You are in here because of your own decisions you deluded man! Abandon hope of parole you monster for you will not leave this cell while I am alive!" The shrink reaised himself up triumphantly, waving his pen like a wand.

"Then... You shall die... Like everyone will." said Dr. Hunch omniously. As the psychatrist turned to leave, the sounds of bars crackling could be heard.

"Well patient 242, I bid farewell! A corpse will rot in this cell and that corpse will be-" Demonic chittering interupted his monolauge prematurely. As he turned to the source, a long red claw racked across his face. His glasses fell off as he went down screaming. Dr. Hunch wasted no time, fleeing by shuffling down the hallways.

His aging memory he recalled the path down the seaside, where he had made his secret lab. As citizens of Zaun and these guardian creatures clashed, he found his laboratary. The whole of the place was covered in thick grey dust that had accumulated across the ages. Various tables and instruments were strewn about, untouched for more than a decade. Across one of the tables was dried blood, hardly noticeable beneath the layers of dust. The aging man shimmied out of his straight jacket, which no longer fit him anyways.

Hunch's arms could hardly move about after ages of malnurishment and his legs were almost dead from the run over to his lab. "But I will be strong once more... I will be strong again!" Slowly, he aproached a walk in wadrobe, retrieving a massive moth-eaten lab coat he had ordered for one much larger then himself. He pulled it over himself, it's weight almost unbearable to his aging frame. Finally, he turned to the object of his desires.

It has sat for all those years, fermenting and preparing. This was what Victor turned himself in for. When he was arrested, they only took his confession. They never searched the lab, to see what he was making. Some might of suspected, but they did not consider the complications. Victor's hands carressed the bottle, filled with a glowing red liquid. Slowly, his aged fingers removed the cap, and he moved the bottle towards his lip.

"It is time..."

The drink drained away and crashed to the ground. Dr. Hunch clutched his body, suffering the immense pain of sudden muscle growth. His body muscles and skin layers stretched to obscene limits. He placed his hand on a table, bending it down. Suddenly, his shoulder muscle gave way to the table, rocketing upwards. The wound rehealed quickly, but it left his left shoulder massively out of place. It was over.

His arms and legs were now the size of medium sized tree trunks. Dr. Hunch stood up fully, hitting his head upon the ceiling. All over, his body burned with sudden transformation. He laughed, no longer even recognzing his own voice. Where as his other was calculated, this voice was deep, with nearly insane bass sounds. His hand wrapped around the table. With a quick move, he sent the table flying through the air. "I am... Powerful!"

He lowered his right shoulder, charging at his twin metal doors. The doors buckled under his full body strike, not entirely willing to give way. Dr. Hunch raised his leg, giving it a powerful kick. They gave way, illuminating the wharf in front of him. The tears of men and woman alike could be heard filling the air. He took a hearty breath of the seabound air with a smile. Things for Zaun were about to get a whole lot worse.

Delmegar

11-21-2011

((yeah, overpowered is one way to describe that Hellbringer, as well as controlling. take it down a bit please. as I said, you aren't champions, nor is my own person. they are human/well, i think we all are, and should not make light of situations.))

The beast roared in agony as the blasted mage blasted him with spell after spell, muttering its puny words of simple spells. The behemoth dropped its arm, then swept it across the scape of Zaun, tearing through the foundation of smaller hovels and houses with ease, it's second arm going through larger buildings and finally smashing the ground, and leaving a small crater.

As the obelisk above descended on the creature, it the violent lightning created by too much mana, struck at it over and over, breaking its stony surface.

The pit monster roared in victory, again going on the attack as the smaller monsters terrorized the city.