((LAST RP - OPEN)) The End of Days

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necromonger

11-16-2011

((Since he's heading to Zaun, I'll definitely start my girl there. ))

Cassandra's thoughts went back for a moment to her time with the Prometheans, the warm (pun intended) and caring ebony-skinned people who lived on the slopes of a great volcano in the barrier. She thought of the great Salamander hunt, the rowdy mead hall, the sound of steel worked in a forge- a tribe of warriors where she had fit in, but with culture and purpose. She missed that, but she missed Zaun more...

Shifting back to the present, Cassandra opened her eyes and found herself in her element once more- a high speed death-race with hex cycles with biker gangs, in the labyrinthine under-city of Zaun. These races always drew hordes of spectators, and while the League was an exciting form of entertainment the world over, street racing with bikes was ingrained in the culture.

The roar of her machine drowned out the crowds and bystanders cheering for their favorite racer, while Cassandra kept her alertness on maximum. They enter a long stretch of road, and everyone shifts to maximum speed- ahead a rival biker flipped a switch on his bike and sprayed the road behind with caltrops. Two bikers are immediately- and violently- taken out of the race, one crashing into a railing and hurtling into the under city below. Another's bike crashed, and he was impaled on a nearby exposed rebar. Cassandra detours into a nearby abandoned factory and pulls a death-defying feat, launching herself through a window by a ramp... and makes it into the lead.

The scores of under-city dwellers cheered at Cassandra as she pulled ahead of the race, drawing the ire of her rival. The finish line already in sight, the ganger-biker attempted one final maneuver, trying to kick her off balance- resulting in Cassandra retaliating. She used her reflex time to catch the man's leg, but just as she was about to pull him off his bike, she eyed a Zaun child straying onto the track- a common occurrence. Not even thinking about her decision, she disengages, wobbles nearly out of control, and jumps off her bike to save the child... her rival wins the race, but Cassandra was now holding a scared, sobbing child she didn't even know.

Cassandra rolled and rolled with the child, her bike veering into an alley and exploding. Cassandra ended up dead last, as all the other surviving bikers were able to catch up.

"You alright?" She asked the child, her skull-helmet still on. They were still both on the ground as a parent came over to reclaim the boy. The child, frightened beyond belief, wailed and soiled himself in the woman's arms, much to her dismay. "Oh Sh- stupid kid!" Cassandra lest go, gaining the thanks of a mother.

Cassandra sighed in frustration. Dead last... she had alot of money riding on this, and now she was broke. The spectators emerge from their homes to congratulate the winners- though a few good citizens patted the hero on the back for recognition. Cassandra helped herself up and headed for the bikers' bar, Realizing the crash had sheared off her jacket, exposing her shoulder. Thankfully, the drake tattoo stayed.

She heads for her the bar, is served free water from the familiar barkeep. "Saw what you did today. Not many good people in Zaun. Have a Blue on the house, you earned it hero." The tall, bald and moustached barkeeper in the dirty apron passed Cassandra a shot glass filled with glowing blue liquid, and she downed it, looking at the glass a few moments.

"Yeah... being a hero doesn't pay the bill. Especially not here in Zaun." She said, as she borrowed the bar's medical kit to fix her shoulder. Good thing she used the cheap bike. She wonders if her tanner finished with her drake hide warsuit yet...

HellBringer

11-17-2011

((I suck at RP so bare with me XD ))

Slowly he walked into the shadow, trying to hide his strong presence in the city. The nebulous fog covers the bright shinning sun of Valoran, making Rageares able to hide much better in the shadows than other cities.
He slowly saw substance that was a teal color being pass around in a shop. Before he could analyze the substance called "Shimmer" he heard, a race broke out. He then quickly ran observing the race and a girl. Suddenly he saw boy stepping in race. "Would you want step for greed or step with charity. This is moment of sin and virtue." Rageares proclaimed.
The girl than suddenly saved the child, knowing that she had sacrifice money for a child.
"A hero." Rageares then smiled, "Heroes aren't rewarded easily in the real world. Sometimes your virtue will pay off...or never..."

The girl than went into a bar and so did Rageares. Rageares believing that this girl would be rather interesting by observing her "Daily Life". He then laughed.

Jaykoboy

11-17-2011

((I'll join with Hitashi. Not Yashainu. To hard to remember and type.))

Hitashi was lounging in the corner of an old bar in Zaun. It may be one of the most corrupt places on Valoran, but truly, the science there was unbelievable. It may be suitable for purifying his gem. So, he waited, looking for someone who may be able to work with him...whether they like it or not.

Even through the polluted fog of Zaun, he could tell through the windows of the tavern that it was the New Moon. Not just because the streets were dimmer than normal, though...his body felt weak. His sword felt heavy in its scabbard. He was utterly powerless. But he was there peacefully. There wasn't much chance of combat right now.

Even as he thought that, he nearly hit the ceiling when the cycles rushed past. They had startled him, and his reflexes sent him into the air for a short moment, on end. There was the sound of a crash and explosion soon after, and within a few minutes, a woman walked in, wearing the uniform of a racer. Intrigued, he made his way over to the bar, sitting besides her. Signalling for a quick Red Elixir, he turned to the woman.

"Heh. You seem out of place, there. The finish line is about a mile down that way," he said, pointing with a quick jab down the street.

Necromonger

11-17-2011

(( ...Demonslayer... not to rain on your character concept but... someone who makes a city-state shake is spawning alot of red flags of op'ness. You could just drop that first line and it'd be alot more believable. And seeing how bare your profile is, you'll have to do alot of self-regulating.))

Cassandra cleaned off the wound with bar antiseptic- also known as whiskey- and some cotton from the bar's first aid kit. She used the large mirror to see her injury,with the help of a bar maid holding a mirror to her back. She removed her biker jacket and placed it on the nearby seat, leaving her tank top on. She looked at the red elixir and the man with a raised brow, not looking at him as she cleaned her wound.

"Race is over, buddy. if you had bets on that race you should head outside and find your book keeper." She said, her mood clearly that of a loser. A very sore loser.

HellBringer

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromonger View Post
(( ...Demonslayer... not to rain on your character concept but... someone who makes a city-state shake is spawning alot of red flags of op'ness. You could just drop that first line and it'd be alot more believable. And seeing how bare your profile is, you'll have to do alot of self-regulating.))

Cassandra cleaned off the wound with bar antiseptic- also known as whiskey- and some cotton from the bar's first aid kit. She used the large mirror to see her injury,with the help of a bar maid holding a mirror to her back. She removed her biker jacket and placed it on the nearby seat, leaving her tank top on. She looked at the red elixir and the man with a raised brow, not looking at him as she cleaned her wound.

"Race is over, buddy. if you had bets on that race you should head outside and find your book keeper." She said, her mood clearly that of a loser. A very sore loser.
((okay I changed it =3 ))

"A new man..."

(( I know its small xD ))

Jaykoboy

11-17-2011

Hitashi leaned backwards on his stool. "Got some spunk, kid. But nah. I'm not the betting sort of character."

Sipping his red elixir, he spat it out again. Really, he wasn't sure what the whole fuss was about. He smiled quickly. "So, lemme guess...didn't finish, lucky-to-be-alive? Yeah, I know the story. Flash, bang, explosion, someone gets screwed over, and one person manages to get out." He looked out the window quickly. "Hey, do you know how long 'till daybreak? I've gotta leave by then."

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

(( I got a few questions before/if I join.
- How fast does this move? My timezone usually allows me to be present only in low-population hours, and I may fall back/slow down people if it's too fast.
- More exact information on the whole situation please, or I will have trouble entering. ))

Delmegar

11-18-2011

((The situation is this. We know that magic is more or less banned in Runeterra, because of effects of calamity and destruction. Well, the main bad guy, a former Summoner, has been corrupted, or changed in some way. His mind is not what it once was, and now, using the magic he knows, he is wreaking havoc across the land, and in the chaos, city-states blame the League for not stopping it quickly. This puts tremendous pressure on the League, and city-states who are now scared desperate. Also, outlanders from across the sea are venturing toward Valoran in search of answers. Some for other reasons.

And please, no **** OP characters. My character may seem OP but I assure you, he is not. The effects of his magic and the situation you are all thrown into is what makes this so dangerous.))

Delmegar

11-18-2011

It was common occurence for those of Runeterra to see strange, or otherwise curious individuals on a daily basis. There were many races, many types of people; both special and unpredictable. As far as Luparis was concerned, he was nothing spectacular. A man with crimson hair, red eyes, and an open, back cloak.

As his cloak slapped at the air, fighting the breeze outside Zaun's gates, they paid no mind as he entered. The gears quickly turned, throwing the massive steel gates open for him. Within moments, the awe of science and technology made itself known. A great revenue of the land came from Zaun and Piltover, from weapons, armors, and other things.

The first street he set eyes to was as good a place as any to start his show. Men in ragged clothes, others in fanciful suits, and others still in lab coats, moved about in chattery commotion, talking and bartering. None aware of the danger in their presence. A woman bumped his shoulder, and carried on without saying excuse me.

Ill mannered hag. In your next life, remember them. Lupa thought to himself, smiling, his eyes aglow. A man stopped in front of him, just as he lifted his hand, a red circle of light shining around his palm.

"Oi, what are ya doin'?" The man pushed someone aside and grabbed Lupa by the collar of his cloak. He went to throw him, but as Lupa reacted, his hand touched the mans chest. He cried out as waves of energy made his body tremble, struggle under the build of mana inside him. Then with a high pitched noise, and flash of white light, the man exploded, sending gore and bone through the street onto a nearby bar and vendor.

As sight came back to the helpless men and woman of Zaun, they fled in terror. As they did so, shrouds of black smoke filled the alleyways and corridors, revealing impish creatures and other monstrosities. The creatures dashed forward, slashing at passerby's legs, attached themselves to peoples backs and tearing out their throats. All as Lupa watched, chanting his spell, learned from an acquired artifact.

"Immaris endum kat sera let. Immaris zed sera voda!" The air around Lupa became dense, heavy for those to enter. His body glowed with an otherworldly flame of unrivaled heat, tearing the groudn around him apart. Soon, the skies too above Zaun shuttered under the call of magic - bringing forth torrents of mana infused thunder and lightning. "Len kum ma lan su retsa, len sera ats Immaris endum!" As the land around him crumbled, sealing the city from this particular gate, more wicked creatures pulled themselves from the pits.

((The imps are yordle sized with reddish-tan skin, bony bodies, small patches of white harrow on their long, narrow skulls. Have sharp teeth and sharper claws.

The creatures pulling themselves up are something like trolls. No, not like Trundle who is disgusting and pus ridden. They move just the same, and carry long, crude weapons of iron with barbs and chains wrapped around them, have no face, and react purely on instinct, uncaring of what gets in their way. They do have some regenerative capability, but not to the extent of a troll.

Again, this is a good time for people to react to the situation and the effects of his magic that he so blatantly uses. I'll post again tomorrow, so keep that in mind as to not post lock yourself))

HellBringer

11-18-2011

The ground then suddenly shaken. The surge of mana infused in the air, it was abnormal. Suddenly thunder tare apart the sky bringing grand terror and confusion to the people of Zaun. Then small imp creatures appeared, reddish-tan skin, bony bodies, small patches of white harrow on their long, narrow skulls, and with sharp claws and teeth, able to easily murder a person. Rageares then quickly analyzing the situation "Such grand magic can be only achieve by one unique summoner... Luparis.". He then quickly analyzed his location. Quickly he ran trying to find the banish summoner. There he was crimson hair and red eyes, it was him.

"My, using this kind of magic in this level could only create another Rune War. Don't you agree?"