Shyvana, AD or AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malgana

11-16-2011

I know she's technically meant to be an AD champ who can afford a bit of AP if you must get it, and not a full blown AP champ, but I had a match where I accidentally went in with my Rumble mastery page and runes, which are a hybrid between AP Mpen and defense, and I actually ended up decimating the entire enemy team with my ult and flame breath if I just waited til they grouped up to use both.

Her AP ratios are technically higher than her AD ratio on burnout, but I can see how she would be useless without her ult on if you went full AP, since you would rely completely on flame breath.

Would playing her AD heavy Hybrid be viable? maybe pick up an Abyssal Scepter as a defensive item to add on MR reduction to her armor reduction, while making her ult and fire hurt more? she'd be a hell of a menace with that IMO.

Severla

11-16-2011

She benefits from Magic Pen, but her ratios arent really anything to dive into. I've seen people grab Abyssal on her after getting Wriggles/Sunfire/Boots as a MR option.

Darxio

11-16-2011

I tend to look at my damage in my Shyvana games since I'm always trying to see how I can best improve her damage output. Strangely, the physical and magic damage bars are practically side-by-side. And I build her with only AD items.

If I were to get any AP-centric items on Shyvana, I would get items with magic penetration or -magic armor items. Maybe Haunting Guise and Sorcerer Shoes since they add flat magic penetration, and Haunting Guise gives HP which can help if you go the atma's route.

But that's already stretching it. However, it's fun to mull over since burnout IS where the majority of that magic damage comes from.