An AD Kog'Maw Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nontendoh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2011

That's cool, but I just like to have the defense since people like to focus the AD Carry a lot.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2011

Seems pretty solid, except you are too slow with that build, champions with slighty higher movement speed will simply outrun you, ALL THE TIME

Recommending dropping the hp quints into movement quints, or dropping mana regen for swiftness.

Nontendoh

11-19-2011

Meh. I think Kog'Maw is fine. If people out run him, he can just snipe them with his ultimate or barrage. Also his E slows people down so I'm fine.

Although substituting the HP Quintessences with Movement Quintessences isn't a bad idea, movement speed is always useful.

Thanks for sharing your opinion

til Days of Blue

11-19-2011

That E won't be up at all the time, that ultimate will drain your mana to hell.

Also, AD kog's highlight is on his autoattack, thats why movement speed is always needed.

You will understand what I mean if you are playing against a Garen.....his movement speed allow to dodge your ultimate if he has some skill, and his movement speed also outrun you....you just can't snipe a skilled Garen down.

Edit: I also recommend you try to play ranked, climbing up into the laddar to the 1400s will totally change your skill level.

Jaykoboy

11-19-2011

I really just go with his basic build, then switch out Doran's Blade for Guinsoo. Guaranteed pwnageosity. Sometimes, I put off the Veil to get the Rageblade, but either way, I stick to the basics. Kog is usually AS, not AD. I save AD for Yi, because he has AS steroids. Same with Graves. I've developed a build for any champion with an AS steroid. EC, Berserker's, Bloodthirster, Phantom, IE, Warmog, sell the EC and get a Tiamat. Guaranteed to win, as long as your team didn't feed.

Anyways, I actually don't use his ult. Not spammable enough for me. (I know it's spammable, but with the damage and the impact time, I really only use it when there's a huge team fight and I can hide a huge distance away. Also, for probing bushes.) If I could spam it more while not losing AS and Armor Shred, I'd use nothing but it.

-Jaykoboy-

til Days of Blue

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
I really just go with his basic build, then switch out Doran's Blade for Guinsoo. Guaranteed pwnageosity. Sometimes, I put off the Veil to get the Rageblade, but either way, I stick to the basics. Kog is usually AS, not AD. I save AD for Yi, because he has AS steroids. Same with Graves. I've developed a build for any champion with an AS steroid. EC, Berserker's, Bloodthirster, Phantom, IE, Warmog, sell the EC and get a Tiamat. Guaranteed to win, as long as your team didn't feed.

Anyways, I actually don't use his ult. Not spammable enough for me. (I know it's spammable, but with the damage and the impact time, I really only use it when there's a huge team fight and I can hide a huge distance away. Also, for probing bushes.) If I could spam it more while not losing AS and Armor Shred, I'd use nothing but it.

-Jaykoboy-

Agreed, Kog with AS (Standard on-hit build) is insane.
Although it doesn't use the scaling off the skills *especially losing damage on ultimate*
It gives you the most damage, and even some resistance from items like wit's end.

Nontendoh

11-19-2011

@ExecutionerKen,
Ultimate will drain your mana to hell if you use it on them repeatedly on them when they have full HP.
Against a Garen, I ignore tanks and if he is a problem I'll have a Bloodrazor.
I played ranked before on my European account. Got up to 1500's. However I don't have a lot of champions on this account so I play normal games.

@Jaykoboy,
A lot of people told me to go attack speed on my Kog'Maw, I tried but I stick to my massive attack damage because I find my attack speed good enough on 2. I think anything higher is useless because you're losing a lot of damage. I don't use it much either except for harassing, but I wait for the "stack cooldown" after I shoot it, then I shoot another one. I mostly use it when they are all grouped together, or sniping people running away, and checking bushes.

I don't know but I just prefer AD over AS since your ultimate does less damage when you go AS but not a huge loss. However with AS you can get more magic resist with Wit's End.

virus5252

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post

-Jaykoboy-
Taimat is helpful but i believe that u would be better off replacing it with a Black cleaver to really set in the whole straight AD thing. Yes i understand that taimat is powerful, gives regens, and splash damage but u wont need all that with the right kind of power.

Nontendoh

11-20-2011

Yea I agree, it's best if you replace it with a Black Cleaver or something else.

Nontendoh

11-21-2011

I love how a guy waste his time to down vote me. Haters gonna hate.