[Champion Suggestion Contest] CSC Song-Inspired Skills Contest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drake O Dagger

11-16-2011

Okay, so I'm bored, and though I had a contest running a while ago, due to some computer issues I've lost my bookmark for it and a bunch of stuff I had on my computer for it, so out of sheer frustration I just don't think I can bring myself to finish it. That said, I've decided to start a new contest based on more recent ideas.

This came up when I was on the old CSC chatroom and discussing stuff with some of my fellow champcrafters. The concept is simple: make a champion whose skills are named after songs played in some random manner. The rules are as follows.

• Playlist must be on shuffle. Using a Radio counts as a playlist on shuffle.
  • You may at any point skip up to 3 songs, but no more than 3, while listening to them.
  • The only exception are songs that are unusable. Such as, “I Heart Hello Kitty”, “This isn’t a song, it’s a sandwich...” etc.
  • You can SLIGHTLY tweak a name to make it fit better thematically if absolutely necessary, but you need to state that you did. (For example: Requiem For A Tower becomes Requiem For The Dead to better fit a ghost/undead theme) This is purely to help create a unified theme for your champion, and should not be abused.
  • Include the artist, album, and songs used at the top of the champion.
  • You cannot use a name if it involves love or sexuality.
  • Likewise, you cannot use anything your mother or father would scold you for using when you were younger. This is still going to be on a site where young and impressionable minds could view it (though I honestly doubt they aren’t already “impressioned” with the things you’d probably use, this is just to be safe so I don’t get attacked by Riot or something).

That said, your concept beyond that can be anything! Only the first 8 submissions will be accepted, and you can't reserve your spot. If you don't submit a champion before all 8 slots are filled, you're not in. Good luck to everyone, and please, have fun with this!

As an added challenge, you can also try to name the champion using the names of the artists/bands/albums of the songs! This isn't a requirement, but it can make for some fun name ideas ^^

Drake O Dagger

11-16-2011

Submissions will go here.

Escala, the Chaotic Requiem by Drake O`Dagger http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17319321
Rahj, the Dreamer by TheHobbits http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17321387#post17321387
Nefek, the Omen of the End by Ire Researcher http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17326993#post17326993
Mephisto, the Winged One by Persequor http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17335399#post17335399
Jake the Snake by 3pitaph http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17364907#post17364907
Servv, Slave of Old by Radoz http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17426019#post17426019
Rusko, the Booster by Midontto http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17440599#post17440599
Don P'athar, the Noble Punk by Still Eternity http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17927330#post17927330

Takatura

11-16-2011

Very silly contest idea, but I (kinda) like it ! *Searches for iPod* so do we post the champion on this thread, or make another one? It'd be preferable not to spam the forum and make it on this one. Also do we win something?

Drake O Dagger

11-16-2011

If i had a way to give out prizes, I totally would, but I am sadly poor. I would honestly prefer it to be made in its own thread, so I can make links to them, though it seems that links don't work anymore (or at least I haven't been able to make them lately). Since I can't get links to work, go ahead and post them in this thread.

TheHobbits

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

challenge accepted.

Rahj, the Dreamer.

Skills

Passive - Bang, Bang, Bang - (Mark Ronson & The Business Intl.)
Champions auto attacks deal 'magic damage'. This means that magic resist is required to block it rather than armor.

Q - Thriller - (Michael Jackson
Champion darts along a zig-zag skill shot, damaging and slowing those it passes through. At the end of the skill shot, champion turns aroung and fears all targets in a cone directly infront.

W - One Vision - (Queen)
Used on an enemy champion, reduces their vision to whats directly around them and slowly damages them. The darkness that surrounds them is filled with black swirling spirits that look hunting and scary.

E - Walking on a Dream - (Empire of the Sun)
After channeling for 5 seconds, champion becomes un-targetable, but movement speed is greatly reduced. If hit by a spell in this 'dream form' mana is restored.

R - The Fear - (Lilly Allen)
Champion is empowered by the eternal will becoming a towering behemoth, (the size that cho,gath gets). Attacks become stronger and burn its targets.

*I had to bend the rules at one point. I dought "Track 4" counts as an option. I also rearranged the order of the moves*

Drake O Dagger

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbits View Post
challenge accepted.

Skills

Q - Thriller - (Michael Jackson
Champion darts along a zig-zag skill shot, damaging and slowing those it passes through. At the end of the skill shot, champion turns aroung and fears all targets in a cone directly infront.

W - One Vision - (Queen)
Used on an enemy champion, reduces their vision to whats directly around them and slowly damages them. The darkness that surrounds them is filled with black swirling spirits that look hunting and scary.

E - Walking on a Dream - (Empire of the Sun)
After channeling for 5 seconds, champion becomes un-targetable, but movement speed is greatly reduced. If hit by a spell in this 'dream form' mana is restored.

R - The Fear - (Lilly Allen)
Champion is empowered by the eternal will becoming a towering behemoth, (the size that cho,gath gets). Attacks become stronger and burn its targets.

*I had to bend the rules at one point. I dought "Track 4" counts as an option. I also rearranged the order of the moves*
This is a surprisingly solid concept. I'm impressed. Though, you should also add a Passive and name for the champion so I have something to put in the poll when I make it. Otherwise, great job!

Ire Researcher

11-16-2011

As mine is filled with OCRemix tracks as well as other music, it should be interesting.

Nefek, the Omen of the End

Passive: Old World (2nd Spell -Fullmoon-, Xi-On) - This champion regains 20% of any health lost by an attack after damage application.

Q: Geothermal (Cave Story, Pixel) - Causes a geyser to erupt from the ground, damaging anyone over it, and anyone passing through for the next few seconds.

W: Antimatter (OcRemix, Beatdrop) - The champion fires a shot of negative energy that explodes violently at target location. if it impacts a wall or enemy unit, it will explode there instead.

E: Song of Life (Homestuck, Steve Everson) - The champion releases a tune that shrouds the champion in plant life, making it invisible for a few seconds.

R: The Doomsday (Project Chaos, Snappleman, ashane, norg) - This Champion creates a shower of devastating meteors in a large area, that will center in on enemy champions, causing knockup and slow as well as damage

Some kind of end of the world theme stealth carry?

Drake O Dagger

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Researcher View Post
As mine is filled with OCRemix tracks as well as other music, it should be interesting.

Nefek, the Omen of the End

Passive: Old World (2nd Spell -Fullmoon-, Xi-On) - This champion regains 20% of any health lost by an attack after damage application.

Q: Geothermal (Cave Story, Pixel) - Causes a geyser to erupt from the ground, damaging anyone over it, and anyone passing through for the next few seconds.

W: Antimatter (OcRemix, Beatdrop) - The champion fires a shot of negative energy that explodes violently at target location. if it impacts a wall or enemy unit, it will explode there instead.

E: Song of Life (Homestuck, Steve Everson) - The champion releases a tune that shrouds the champion in plant life, making it invisible for a few seconds.

R: The Doomsday (Project Chaos, Snappleman, ashane, norg) - This Champion creates a shower of devastating meteors in a large area, that will center in on enemy champions, causing knockup and slow as well as damage

Some kind of end of the world theme stealth carry?
Gotta love how some of these champions come out weird as all hell, yet STILL manage to somehow fit together decently. The Antimatter and Song of Life ones are a bit out of place, but otherwise, this turned out great. Adding it.

Persequor

11-17-2011

been a while, hehe.

my hero: Mephisto, the Winged One.

Skills

Passive - From Heads Unworthy (Rise against) - Whenever a nearby champion's killing spree is ended, Mephisto also gains gold equal to the bounty on that champion's head.

Q - Abandoned (Kamelot) - Mephisto's next attack reduces the sight range of his target by 10%, stacking up to 5 times. This skill deals a guaranteed critical strike if the victim has no allied champions in sight. low cooldown.

W - Noumenon and Phenomenon (Scar Symmetry)
W1 - Noumenon - Mephisto damages and drains the energy from an enemy champion or from himself, reducing the damage he deals and his movement speed for 5 seconds. Allows use of Phenomenon for the duration.
W2- Phenomenon - Mephisto heals and bestows the drained damage and movement speed upon an ally or himself. Mephisto is also affected for half of this amount.

E - From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (Coheed and Cambria) - Mephisto damages and terrifies a single enemy champion, increasing their movement speed and causing them to flee in terror. If any of that champion's allies are nearby, he will be forced to run away from them.

R - Mann Gegen Mann (Rammstein) - Mephisto forcefully chains an enemy champion to the ground, dealing damage to it equal to its current movement speed and pulling Mephisto to it. That champion cannot move, but can still attack and cast spells. lasts 1 second. Can be cast up to 0/1/2 more times within 8 seconds of the first cast.

Drake O Dagger

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persequor View Post
been a while, hehe.

my hero: Mephisto, the Winged One.

Skills

Passive - From Heads Unworthy (Rise against) - Whenever a nearby champion's killing spree is ended, Mephisto also gains gold equal to the bounty on that champion's head.

Q - Abandoned (Kamelot) - Mephisto's next attack reduces the sight range of his target by 10%, stacking up to 5 times. This skill deals a guaranteed critical strike if the victim has no allied champions in sight. low cooldown.

W - Noumenon and Phenomenon (Scar Symmetry) - Mephisto Viciously attacks his target, sapping their strength. If this attack hits from behind, the enemy is slowed by 30% and Mephisto gains 30% movement speed for 5 seconds. If this attack hits from the front, that enemy deals 30% less damage and Mephisto gains a 30% increase to his damage for 5 seconds. This ability also extends the duration of any crowd controls on the victim by 1 second.

E - From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (Coheed and Cambria) - Mephisto damages and terrifies a single enemy champion, increasing their movement speed and causing them to flee in terror. If any of that champion's allies are nearby, he will be forced to run away from them.

R - Mann Gegen Mann (Rammstein) - Mephisto strengthens his resolve, granting him protection from the next 100/200/300(+low phys ratio) damage that would be dealt to him within 5 seconds. For each 1 damage absorbed this way, he gains 1 attack damage for 5 seconds after the shield ends or is broken.
Added.