Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ryze 2.0 Better Strong Faster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylvr

11-16-2011

Also, I wouldn't alternate Spell Flux with Rune Prison. Spell Flux does NOT scale with Mana. Furthermore, points into it do not lower it's CD, increase it's MR debuff, or add bounces to it. In fact, the only thing points into it do are add 20 base damage and increase it's mana cost by 15.

Rune Prison, however, gets 35 base damage per level, DOES scale with your Mana, and has a better AP ratio to boot (Also raises mana cost by 15 per level).

There isn't a single good reason to delay any points into Rune Prison for the sake of Spell Flux. Rune Prison is a superior use of your points in every way.

a warm ham pita

11-16-2011

Also Warrrrax Sylvr and Eldehan have been given recognition for their input that led to changes in the guide and build

a warm ham pita

11-16-2011

Quote:
Sylvr:
Also, I wouldn't alternate Spell Flux with Rune Prison. Spell Flux does NOT scale with Mana. Furthermore, points into it do not lower it's CD, increase it's MR debuff, or add bounces to it. In fact, the only thing points into it do are add 20 base damage and increase it's mana cost by 15.

Rune Prison, however, gets 35 base damage per level, DOES scale with your Mana, and has a better AP ratio to boot (Also raises mana cost by 15 per level).

There isn't a single good reason to delay any points into Rune Prison for the sake of Spell Flux. Rune Prison is a superior use of your points in every way.

yep changes made credited to you in the beggining and in the skills section. After months of using Ryze I'm ashamed of how little I knew. Thanks for pointing these out

Warrrrax

11-16-2011

Dont feel bad, bro. I build the RoA first thing myself and did just fine.

Took a while before I was finally convinced this wasn't optimal.

a warm ham pita

11-16-2011

another game at top damage, top gold earned, top kills etc.. we lost mainly because our jax and leesin farmed lanes all game and avoided teamfights till we were at the inhibitors. I pushed 2 lanes solo from my inhibtor to drop theirs through the super minions. I also dropped their wukong and nidalee right under the turret, my spell vamp kept me up the whole time. My guide has reached 71% with 5 votes, thank you to all who have contributed and will continue todo so to improve this guide.

clickclickboom

11-16-2011

ROA has everything you need. CDR is not really needed early game as you won't need to do large combos during the early game. going 9/0/21 seems to the best bet.

SpecialTaktic

11-16-2011

lol suggesting mobafire is a good source for guides

hahahaha

Mambazo

11-16-2011

omggggg

i want a warm ham pita

with mustard

a warm ham pita

11-17-2011

Quote:
SpecialTaktic:
lol suggesting mobafire is a good source for guides

hahahaha

well what site would you suggest?
i only know of mobafire

a warm ham pita

11-17-2011

Quote:
Mambazo:
omggggg

i want a warm ham pita

with mustard

they taste fishy though :-P