Tips/Tricks for Veigar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazyjay1

11-16-2011

Made a guide a long time ago for Veigar, so i decided to remake it for Season 2.

- Veigar is better off going 9/0/21, then 21/0/9. From what I've seen, the extra AP just doesnt cut it. At 1000 AP, it only gives you 50 more. Its better to get the xp gain and mana regen since veigar has one of the lowest mana regen in the game.

- Consider Mejai's soulstealer in your everyday build. Veigar has a built in soulstealer on his Q, kill a champion and get 5 AP, get a kill with a soulstealer and thats 21 AP, 22 if you get the kill with your Q. Mejai allows you to get utility AP items before Deathcap.

- Deathfire Grasp should be your SECOND AP item. I myself personally never take it since i think its such a bad item, but since everyone else besides me takes it, I'll just tell you to get it second. Why? The stats it gives is lackluster and you dont have enough AP to make it great. If you get it first, you have around 120 AP, so it does 38.5% health, but you have to take in MR, so it really does do 25%. Sounds good, but if the enemy doesn't have AP or MR is around 36, you won't get a kill with your full combo, turning it into a battle of your Q cd and them killing you in that time.

- Veigar is a defensive aggresive mage. What does that mean? Play defensive when you know you will only trade blows. Only play aggresive when you know you can get more damage off.

- Scout bushes with dark matter. Simple enough.

- Dont place the stun around the target unless the enemy is trapped in another AOE CC. Try to land your stun directly on your target. Practice this and become good with the stun and i guarantee you will get more kills and assists. You can use stun in lane to get a Q and auta attack off.

Daerkannon

11-16-2011

I follow the general consensus that Mejai's isn't a good item for Veigar (or anyone else) unless you know you're going to snowball, and if you know that then you don't need it in the first place.

Also you're over estimating the amount of MR people will have that early in the game when you're making up your numbers for DFG as a first AP item. At most they'll have built merc treads unless they're a tank. If we go with your numbers and assuming that Veigar has sorc shoes and magic pen runes then they still have 54 MR (i.e. you're hitting someone with an early negatron). And even if that's the case, it's still an extra nuke that does 25% of their health. I've never failed to kill someone with an early DFG and landing a full combo.

Crazyjay1

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daerkannon View Post
I follow the general consensus that Mejai's isn't a good item for Veigar (or anyone else) unless you know you're going to snowball, and if you know that then you don't need it in the first place.

Also you're over estimating the amount of MR people will have that early in the game when you're making up your numbers for DFG as a first AP item. At most they'll have built merc treads unless they're a tank. If we go with your numbers and assuming that Veigar has sorc shoes and magic pen runes then they still have 54 MR (i.e. you're hitting someone with an early negatron). And even if that's the case, it's still an extra nuke that does 25% of their health. I've never failed to kill someone with an early DFG and landing a full combo.
from what i've played, a null mantle can be seen quite often if you get even 1 kill on them. Plus you have to take into consideration that your going against 5 different people and not that AP laner veigar is usually against. I have seen many times where veigar wont get the kill with dfg on his target even when the target has no MR. Plus with the 60 sec cd, thats only 1 kill in a teamfight, and then your Q and W do around 100-200 less damage after you combo 1 person.

Also with mejai on veigar, it isn't if your gonna snowball, its a guarentee snowball. Your Stun lands you assists and your combo guarentees you kills. Even in games you are losing, mejai can save your entire team if you reach 6 stacks. I recommend it for high level veigar players, it goes hand in hand with my defensive aggresive style of veigar.

Daerkannon

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjay1 View Post
Also with mejai on veigar, it isn't if your gonna snowball, its a guarentee snowball. Your Stun lands you assists and your combo guarentees you kills. Even in games you are losing, mejai can save your entire team if you reach 6 stacks. I recommend it for high level veigar players, it goes hand in hand with my defensive aggresive style of veigar.
I will admit that Veigar is one of the few champs I would consider using it on pretty much for this reason. I haven't had enough time playing him to really test it out myself. His laning is so weak early on that I don't feel confident picking him unless I know I'll have a team comp that can make up for it and let me snowball.