Counters to Kog'Maw?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-28-2010

My ride with Kog'Maw so far was enjoyable, but it's rather painful learning what champs really ruin Kog's day =/

Just today, I ended up being in mid against Sivir. (I don't have lane preferences)

At first, I was like "This should be fun."

Then I took a moment to think, then was like "...wait... spellshield...?"

Afterwards... "NUUUUUUU!!!!!"

That was a quick way to end the game in defeat.




What are other champions that ruin Kog'Maw?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

carsonpwns

Member

06-28-2010

Kog'Maw's pretty vulnerable to pretty much anyone if he doesn't have his team covering his ass; a melee carry who feels like crushing a bug will walk up and chop him to pieces. Or perhaps a little angry shaco wants to jump behind him and cut his tail off..

Okay no more stupid descriptions, but you get the point. Defenseless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chillspawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonpwns View Post
Kog'Maw's pretty vulnerable to pretty much anyone if he doesn't have his team covering his ass; a melee carry who feels like crushing a bug will walk up and chop him to pieces. Or perhaps a little angry shaco wants to jump behind him and cut his tail off..

Okay no more stupid descriptions, but you get the point. Defenseless.
^

Kog depends on his team having good beefy champs for him to stay in the back and ult.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrimzonKnight

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Laning phrase:

Cho'Gath, as Kog'Maw you want to be harassing the enemy with your Ooze and Living A. to get them low enough for you to pick off, or at least force them to recall. Cho'Gath passive allow him to just stand there and chump away at creeps and regen what damage you can dish out without putting yourself at risk.

Ashe, when get hit 6, she will crush you. Unless you you have cleanse - all she has to do is her you with her ulti, volley, 2 hits and you're gone. You can be under your tower and she kill you, laugh in your face, and then waltz out.

Heimer, okay, so you think it's cool that your ulti out ranges his terrets; news flash, by that stage it's already too late. Heimer passive hp regen allows him to tank your ooze. Harassing him fails. His terrets can be place such that you can only hit 1 or 2 of them with your ooze. It takes 3 hit for you to destroy them at any given level [your ooze vs his terret lv]. Taking them out is a pain. And if you're focusing on doing that and not harassing him, he'll simply start grenading your tower and slaughtering you in creep kills. Ask your team for a gank, you can't do ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timechild

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Also everyone that can reach you. Katarina, Shaco, Ezreal, Kassadin, Akali. They can all ignore your slow and teleport right behind your tail, chopping you to pieces.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonKnight View Post
Laning phrase:

Cho'Gath

Ashe

Heimer
Cho... a little on the hard side, but not undo-able.

Your description of Ashe's burst combo suggests that you're doing something wrong. HP quints easily solves that problem.

Not a whole lot of champions stand up to Heimerdinger 1v1 laning phase to be honest. Correct me if I'm wrong though.


And for the rest of you guys... I was hoping for a bit more than the generic squishy-killer champions =/ Oh well whatever xD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajitii View Post
Not a whole lot of champions stand up to Heimerdinger 1v1 laning phase to be honest. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Sivir and Mordekaiser can take out Heim's turret nests, but they're really the only two that effectively can. Actually, come to think of it, I've had success with Corki as well. The key is to remove those nests, or not let them build up in the first place.

On topic, ganks in general are a huge counter to Kog'Maw. Disappear for a bit, let him think he's safe, then pop out behind him, exhaust/slow and profit. If you need a teammate to do so, coordinate it. Call over your tank to disable him (taunt, slow, stun), or a squishy killer in another lane. Chances are, if you give him the opportunity, he's going to push up to the tower if no one is around.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahkrisa

Senior Member

06-29-2010

lol, i've noticed that all you really need to do is stack move speed, having a port/sneak is great but really he's a slow little **** and you can outrun his passive when he dies problem solved.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roland

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Damage. Seriously, he goes down like a cheerleader on prom night.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExcelBeyond

Senior Member

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonKnight View Post
Heimer, okay, so you think it's cool that your ulti out ranges his terrets; news flash, by that stage it's already too late. Heimer passive hp regen allows him to tank your ooze. Harassing him fails. His terrets can be place such that you can only hit 1 or 2 of them with your ooze. It takes 3 hit for you to destroy them at any given level [your ooze vs his terret lv]. Taking them out is a pain. And if you're focusing on doing that and not harassing him, he'll simply start grenading your tower and slaughtering you in creep kills. Ask your team for a gank, you can't do ****.
I just faced Herm at mid. If you use Kog's W, he can stand outside the turret's range and demolish them pretty easy. Keep harassing with vomit so Herm stands back, go in with some minions and you shouldn't have much trouble.

For me personally, I've had trouble with stealth charas - SHaco, Eve, Twitch. Kog is super squishy, and if they get the drop on you, its pretty much game over.


12