New Masteries and Nasus, the Inmovable Object.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bluemind210

11-15-2011

Warning: This is no a QQ, FotM, Omgnerfpl0x post. I want to discuss how Nasus viability maybe recieved an HUGE buff with the new masteries. Wall of text below. TL;DR at bottom.

I can easily see Nasus becoming a problem in the future for most normal games/low elo people, maybe even FotM. Nasus and the new masteries hold such high synergy is impressive the level of improvement he recieves using the points correctly, is much more notorius than with the old masteries.

Before the patch, Nasus, in the hands of a half competent player, would be able to carry, being somewhat hard to 100% outlane for many champions, due the fact any smart nasus will begin with Boots/Cloth Armor/Regrowth Pendant and potions + Defensive runes and regen/CDR masteries. Between that, your innate lifesteal and your Morgan Freemaness, you could hold your **** a very long time.

With the new masteries, if used in Defensive, Nasus is a lot tankier than before, has extra HP5Regen (Regrowth Pendant + Mastery = 18HP5 + his base at lv 1), he gains CDR as he levels up, and with Juggernaut as soon as you get Merc Treads you are a lot harder to gank successfully. For late game you become a hulking brute able to tank the whole enemy team with your chest, and ripping off the limbs of the enemy squishy, Because the extra 10% ArPen is awesome.

^ I see a lot of viability here, maybe too much, here he isn't so heavy farming as with the old utility mastery, but a lot harder to outlane.

With the new Utility Masteries, Nasus becomes the Lord of gold & regen, at lv 1 getting free regeneration, CDR and gold you become a lot more sustainable allowing you to get a Philo much early than before, of course, accelerating your Glacial Shroud and Kindlegem. You aren't so tanky or harder to gank, but your regeneration (If you packed the new +9% Regen mastery) Skyrockets and outlane you becomes an herculean task for many not so harass oriented champions.

^ This kind of Nasus can become easily popular, sustains so hard is funny, not so tanky, not so deadly, but in good hands will score 250 - 300 cs surrounding the 30min vs almost any lane opponent.

Nasus was one of my favorite champions since ever, I use him when I get the chance, and the new masteries seems to increase his viability and power from Good to godlike.

How are you going with Nasus in the new patch?

Discuss !

TL;DR : Nasus with the new masteries, defensive or utility, escales extremly hard to late game (Even more than before) and is a lot HARDER to outlane since he becomes so tanky/sustainable. Nasus viability with the new masteries seems to have increased from good to godlike. He maybe even becomes FotM(Again) or one of the better top lane picks.

Coulombe

11-15-2011

Inb4 someone asks what inmovable means.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Wait until people start using 0-9-21 Irelia--then the "nerf Irelia" jokes will suddenly become "ok, Morello, we're sorry, you're right, PLEASE nerf her"--her regen at level 1 will be ridiculous, for similar reasons you've enumerated on Nasus.

Versel

11-15-2011

Indeed I saw much potential for Nasus too.

I like getting Demolitionist and Siege Commander down offense and defense respectively. Towers are NOTHING to you, plus you are tanky and still dish out the damage.

I also like getting the lifesteal talent in offense because 17% lifesteal at level 1 makes me laugh.

Slunk3R

11-15-2011

A friend of mine, which plays Nasus alot lately lost top lane to an enemy Fizz.. He said he couldn't do anything to him.. He had 9/21/0 or 0/21/9 as masteries.

Anyway, I'm not a nasus player, I do like him in my team since late game he is just OP imo.. (Unless your nasus is an idiot which didn't farm).

TheRuns

11-15-2011

so basically any tanky dps top will get the same benefits that nasus will have now
ok?

bluemind210

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slunk3R View Post
A friend of mine, which plays Nasus alot lately lost top lane to an enemy Fizz.. He said he couldn't do anything to him.. He had 9/21/0 or 0/21/9 as masteries.

Anyway, I'm not a nasus player, I do like him in my team since late game he is just OP imo.. (Unless your nasus is an idiot which didn't farm).
Fizz is demostrating he is... I'm not going to say OP because he still doesn't have 24 ours out, but, if you are a champion unable to retaliate hard, Fizz will beat you, Hard.

1 hit = DoT eating a % of your HP. Each time Nasus goes to last hit - Tick. Tick. Tick.

His burst isn't extremly high, but is a very high sustained damage. For some reason he reminds a bit of Cassiopeia or Kog'maw, since he can shred tanks/be ridiculous annoyance in lane.

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

I'd say that regen is Garen-teed.

Techno Stud

11-15-2011

Every scenario you can think of can be dupped by his opponent, who has access to the exact same masteries. Outlaning Nasus isn't about harassing him intermittantly, its about getting in his face early and often so that he must waste his precious mana on wither. I think you'll find in time that Renekton got an equally beneficial buff through the offense tree, and when the community finally figures out that Renekton is a viable counter to Nasus solo...we're all going to be in for some serious lore rivalry treats.

TheAngryMunchkin

11-15-2011

Nasus will still be crushed by his counters, and destroy enemy teams lategame wether he is shut down or not, but good games will still likely end before his truely obscene phase.

nothing in the new masteries will makes his lane that much stronger, the free armor pen is cool, but you should already be running armor pen.

the most useful new thing I would argue is the increased base mana/lvl and the cc reduction. and starting with an additional pot.