Fizz Counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBlueFish

11-15-2011

I know the general thoughts on fizz involve him having a really weak early game, but I just got burst down amazingly fast against one mid as xerath. One of the problems I noticed was that his ability to become untargetable seemed to pop my mage chains before it reached him. I don't know if this is actually the case, but I know that after I switched he got fed to hell and managed to easily 4v2 my team (only soraka helped him). We didn't have an official tank, so that might have been part of the problem, but even when our maokai was there it didn't seem to do anything to stop him. Anybody know a good way to stop him from reaching this point of insanity?

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

a strong counter to Fizz won't include a projectile that is easily predicted. like Morgana or Lux.

try Vladimir (Transfusion and Hemoplague) or Ryze (Rune Prison!) who can both hit him with no projectile travel time.

bonus points for playing the sparkly vampire since he's so unpopular and Troll Pool trolls harder than Playful/Trickster...

Reidenki

11-15-2011

Fizz requires a great deal of items that cost 3.5k gold or more to be really effective. If you ruin his early game farm, he is crippled for most of the game. Forcing him to lane against range does a great job at that. In addition, using abilities that are not obvious (as has been said) or have zero travel time are very difficult for him to dodge.

Nightehawk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Went toplane against a Fizz as singed. He pretty much couldnt do anything to me. Granted thats how things always go in lane with singed. But its an option at least.

Aria Sachou

11-15-2011

Fizz has a high Health pool with his build of ROA and Rylai's. Being an AP fighter I'm suggesting you go with Mres and a tiny bit of armour?
His early game is pretty bad so denying him the early farm should work.

Paradoxia

11-15-2011

Was playing Malphite earlier and laned vs 3 of them, 2 of them were a 2v1 and one was a 1v1. He seems an excellent choice as I didn't lose once. Anyone who can punish him for getting too close to the minions or themselves should work quite well.