Leashing;

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sariaru

11-15-2011

Okay, so I've been playing on and off for awhile, but I still consider myself really, painfully new to the game. I prefer support-type characters (namely, Taric).

My question is, what exactly is leashing and how do I do it effectively?

Also, any side-notes on how to play Taric better would be appreciated. I've read a few guides and have been getting better, I suppose, but help is always a good thing. Also, if anyone cares to tutor, that would be awesome, too.

Sauron

11-15-2011

Leashing is simply aggroing a jungle monster before the jungler does, so that the monster spends its initial time walking to you instead of hitting the jungler. You do not need to do anything other than hitting it once and walking back to your lane, unless your jungler asks for additional autoattacks.

Leashing is usually done for the blue buff golem, and a mid lane champion can leash from behind the trees so that they don't lose time getting to their lane. Leashing saves the jungler a considerable amount of health when starting out.

legends made

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

leashing:
a leash is when a jungler is jungling and needs someone to attack a monster so that they get hits but they don't take damage from that monster,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKHFQ9SVTs

TwistWrist

11-15-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cs5ytg4Le4&feature=related

Should only need to do a basic leash in most cases.

Sariaru

11-15-2011

Ah! Thank you so much everyone, I appreciate the swift and helpful feedback. Nice to know that there are in fact people out there who will answer instead of yelling.