Suggestion: New Game Mode - All Random

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GadwinDuil

11-15-2011

I was just thinking a cool new mode to add in would be an all random mode, where you are placed in a team and all champions are randomly selected after the game begins.

It is a mode I personally would paly all the time because my summoner lvl may only be 22 but there is really only maybe a dozen champions I have actually played, it would be an exciting mode because you wouldn't know what champion, or what role you will play until after the game starts! As for masteries and runes you could probably just remove the use of them for this mode, or have 5-6 preset types for each champion that riot has chosen, so that when you find out what champion you have you can select what kind of runes you wanted to run out of what they suggest.

To try to make as balanced teams as possible, Riot could make a filter for when the summoners are selected for a game, each summoner is secretly assigned a chamption type (tank, support, bruiser, mage, etc) that way you don't accidentally have a team that is completely AP heroes.

I feel like it would be a really exciting way to play different champions without having to wait each week to see what is free, and would make some really interesting teams. I personally am tired of constantly seeing the same heroes being played (Katarina, Akali, Graves, Sion, Sona, etc)

I mean, wouldn't it be neat to every once in a while see Evelynn, or Urgot? Or play a role you never play?

Tulky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-15-2011

Not a bad idea imo

z All In z

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

You can already make custom games all random, or if you want to randomly select a champion just lock in without choosing. Random champion selection picks a champion that is either free that week or one that you own.

I sincerely doubt that Riot will make any modes that allow you play a champion that is neither free nor owned.

I like the idea of secretly picking roles for people but a lot of people have different concepts of how a champion should fit into a team comp and most champs can be built at least two different ways.

OG Commissioner

11-16-2011

I think I see where the op is trying to go, but you would need a little time to choose a new mastery/rune page. maybe once you join it auto locks you and picks a randomly owned champ then gives you 10 sec to choose your pages.

anyways might be fun to try but I wouldn't play it much, too much chance for getting screwed, i.e a semi-balanced team vs an all ad or something like that.

GadwinDuil

11-17-2011

I recognize you can already make custom games as random, and that you could random your hero in champ selection but I feel if you do that in most cases you are handicapping yourself, and your team if you do that. (Example: Someone already locked Sona and you random Soraka, or Taric. Or the whole issue of what runes/masteries you have selected when you hit random.)

Whereas if you are in a game that everyone rolls a random hero than everyone has the same handicap and the same chance of getting whatever champion they feel is OP. And even if you are worried about the teams potentially being unbalanced, well, the other team has the exact same worry of them being unbalanced.

I think RIOT could benefit greatly by allowing us to "randomly" play champions that arn't free to play or owned, because if you random a champ that you've never played, and enjoy playing them, you will want to go buy them! Especially if it isn't a free to play champion because then the only way you can play that champion again immediately is the <1% chance to random them or to purchase them.

The Masteries and Runes problem is the only real issue I feel. My first feeling is to just remove them from the random game mode but I'm sure with some thought there would be a good option.

Anyway, it seems RIOT doesn't pay a ton of attention to this thread section, or to much of the forums in general :-/ But I really enjoy the idea of this game mode. Obviously it wouldn't replace normal mode, so it wouldn't be game changing, it would just be an interesting game mode if you're not sure what role you want to play, or what champion. It would just be sooooo cool to see some unorthodox teams playing together that you've never seen in normals.

MaliceZemo

11-17-2011

It sounds like a good idea but the only problem I could see is SR is very team comp oriented and if you get a bad dice roll and get a horrible team comp it can lead to a very boring or bad game.

GadwinDuil

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliceZemo View Post
It sounds like a good idea but the only problem I could see is SR is very team comp oriented and if you get a bad dice roll and get a horrible team comp it can lead to a very boring or bad game.
It may just be me, but it seems fairly often that there are terrible team comps in normal mode when we get to pick our champs lol

MaliceZemo

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadwinDuil View Post
It may just be me, but it seems fairly often that there are terrible team comps in normal mode when we get to pick our champs lol
I completely agree actualy so I withdraw my negative comment and just say it sounds like a good idea

Survivor of Hath

Recruiter

11-17-2011

Easy, have a each slot receive a random role, then a random champion to fill that roll. This likely will never happen, but it would be fun to do haha.

PersonalRiot

11-17-2011

I would be down for AR.