Masteries for a Tank Cho'gath ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoti

11-15-2011

So i love to play Cho'gath as a tank but with this new masteries talent i'm kinda confused of what i could choose for him. So much talent seem great but they are not in the same tree..

Any idea ? I would love to have some advice.

thanks you all

utenan5

11-15-2011

I still go 9/0/21 with him for the 10% cdr. No matter how you play him, you really need the cdr. Most of the offense tree doesn't seem worth it on a tanky caster like cho,h ell I usually build him like a tanky dps and I still go 9/0/21 for the cdr, magic pen, and the nice masteries in utility.

theplqa

11-15-2011

http://thefwcentral.com/lol/#&trees=0-0-4-0-0-4-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-3-1-0-3-0-0-3-1-0-4-0-3-1-1

That's what I would use myself.Cho'Gath is very Tanky without Defensive Masteries.

Yoti

11-15-2011

Thanks i'm gonna try it !

xXCFXx Avenger

11-15-2011

0/21/9 or 9/21/0

Tanden

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenan5 View Post
I still go 9/0/21 with him for the 10% cdr. No matter how you play him, you really need the cdr. Most of the offense tree doesn't seem worth it on a tanky caster like cho,h ell I usually build him like a tanky dps and I still go 9/0/21 for the cdr, magic pen, and the nice masteries in utility.
Same here.
I think the the best choice is still 9/0/21
I tried the new mastery with 9/21/0 and 0/30/0 on Cho and it is not going very well.
IMO, Cho itself is already quite tanky, even without runes and mastery.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenan5 View Post
If you got the scaling CDR in the Defense tree with the CDR in Offense, you'll end up with 12 CDR at level 18. Yes, this means you'll have less than the traditional 9/0/21 CDR setup for early-game laning and midgame, but I don't think you necessarily need it. Now, the question here is: does having extra resilience benefit you more than extra utility like movespeed/gold/mana recovery? Personal preferences there really.

I'd probably go with 9/21/0 for the higher CDR, damage reductions, movespeed while at high health, and that pretty sweet final mastery.