TT Metagame

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cromathor

Senior Member

11-17-2011

2 bot, 1 top, 0 jungle gets counterred by 1 top, 1 bot, 1 jungle 75% of the time. The added pressure onto solo top players and the accessability of over-wall/coming from behind ganks makes top the easy choice.

If you don't have a Jungler, and the opposing team does, then 2 top 1 bot nullifies these jungle ganks.

2 bot 1 top doesn't really counter anything, unless you have champion specific flash/cc combos like Garen/Alistar in a lane able to really hold someone down and dominate the bot lane enough to cause problems later.

Most TT players find this strategy to be a little too predictable and essentially the possible gains you can make from top ganks and bottom turtling counters it.

All in all, if you play a game without thinking of any of these possibilities you're setting yourself up for a loss, every strategy has a possible counter. Though sometimes the counter doesn't work for your specific team build, planning ahead and thinking of it will give you a leg up on most players. Smarter players play smarter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xentorx

Senior Member

11-17-2011

well i got xin, trynd as the best jungler champs i have at the moment i think. Might have to experiment lol. Lots of fails inc!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HerrJon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2011

Well the lane placement makes sense now. But as far as team comp goes, is there something that work in general for blind pick?

Like SR is AP carry, AD carry, Tank, Support, Jungle, is there something like that for TT?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koldheartedjsp

Senior Member

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrJon View Post
Well the lane placement makes sense now. But as far as team comp goes, is there something that work in general for blind pick?

Like SR is AP carry, AD carry, Tank, Support, Jungle, is there something like that for TT?
anything works with 2 competent team mates as long as it isn't 3 ad/3ap


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lizto

Senior Member

11-17-2011

To contribute a bit more as to why if you have no jungler you should have 2 top, top lane is the one thats most easily ganked. I would still recommend you to try jungling in 3s, you just need champions that arent too blue buff dependent and can gank fairly well without the need of a certain level or redbuff.

In 3s, I have jungled as Amumu (you need to rush chalice or an early kill), Fiddlesticks (this one will only work if the enemy has no jungler so dont try it outside normals or lower elo ranked), Nocturne, Lee sin(arguably the best jungler in 3s), Tryndamere, Gangplank, Cho Gath, Rammus, Olaf, Skarner, Trundle, Xin Zhao, Master Yi, Udyr, Shaco.

There are other viable junglers in 3s such as WW (though I rather send him to a lane since his ganks are awful and so is his clear speed... ehh hes not really that viable then :P), Renekton, Riven, Shen, however I have never really tried them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xentorx

Senior Member

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizto View Post
To contribute a bit more as to why if you have no jungler you should have 2 top, top lane is the one thats most easily ganked. I would still recommend you to try jungling in 3s, you just need champions that arent too blue buff dependent and can gank fairly well without the need of a certain level or redbuff.

In 3s, I have jungled as Amumu (you need to rush chalice or an early kill), Fiddlesticks (this one will only work if the enemy has no jungler so dont try it outside normals or lower elo ranked), Nocturne, Lee sin(arguably the best jungler in 3s), Tryndamere, Gangplank, Cho Gath, Rammus, Olaf, Skarner, Trundle, Xin Zhao, Master Yi, Udyr, Shaco.

There are other viable junglers in 3s such as WW (though I rather send him to a lane since his ganks are awful and so is his clear speed... ehh hes not really that viable then :P), Renekton, Riven, Shen, however I have never really tried them.
What do you think about masteries since the xp buff is further up the line?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koldheartedjsp

Senior Member

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xentorx View Post
What do you think about masteries since the xp buff is further up the line?
you don't need it literally nothings changed in 3s as far as i can tell. Maybe the green wolf and black wraith didn't get an xp boost though since they don't appear in SR


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xentorx

Senior Member

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
you don't need it literally nothings changed in 3s as far as i can tell. Maybe the green wolf and black wraith didn't get an xp boost though since they don't appear in SR
So just basically take smite and a jungle champ and you should be fine with their normal masteries? (with buff duration etc?)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2011

21/9/0 is the strongest jungling mastery set right now, i can full jungle lee sin and tryndamere without runes using that mastery set. Lee Sin doesn't even need a leash with that set up. Also starting middle jungle>starting top jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koldheartedjsp

Senior Member

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post
21/9/0 is the strongest jungling mastery set right now, i can full jungle lee sin and tryndamere without runes using that mastery set. Lee Sin doesn't even need a leash with that set up. Also starting middle jungle>starting top jungle.
what you say that?? If you can a lvl 2 off of golems you can go right to the buff camp depending on jungler but you need smite. if you get wraiths bottom you gotta blow smite


123