Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The new Masteries feel very uncomfortable with Miss Fortune.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Somohexual

11-15-2011

Offense's old 15% MPen talent, Sorcery, was Miss Fortune's only viable way of getting the stat and even with it Bullet Time's damage fell off quickly. Her ultimate continues to not, or hardly, benefit from the Crit, AS, AD, and APen stacked by AD Carries; at the same time, MPen items are all horribly inefficient purchases for just about every AD Carry in the game. With this new Offense tree your options are pretty heavily restricted if you need to grab double-penetration and you're actually getting 5% less MPen to boot.

Who cares if you buffed Bullet Time's BONUS AD ratio from .4 to .45 this patch? It doesn't address the spell's real issue, dealing magical instead of physical damage, and also fails to make up for how MF is now locked into a lose-lose situation with her itemization.

a.) Want to use her Ultimate for something other than farming creep waves? You'll end up losing a dramatic amount of overall potential damage, due to weaker AA's, to see a marginal increase in her situational/sporadic AoE damage.

- Kog'maw, Tristana, MF, and Corki need the MPen Mastery along with just about every other talent in the new Offensive tree. Ashe, Caitlyn, Graves, and Vayne (among others) don't depend on their magical damage much, if at all, so spending those 5 points elsewhere is actually a viable option for them.

b.) Want to stay relevant as an AD Carry? You'll end up with an Ultimate so severely gimped that 95% of the time it'll be exclusively use for farming; not to mention, your E will be practically unusable because it eats up your Mana and does absolutely nothing.

TL;DR:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anywho, I've been fiddling around with Masteries and threw together some possibilities; what do y'all think?

With 10% MPen:
26/3/1 using Exhaust and Flash.

Quote:
http://www.severitygaming.com/index.php?action=lols2calc#m=1-3-0-0-4-4-0-4-1-1-0-1-3-0-3-0-1-0-3-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Without 10% MPen:
*21/9/0 using Exhaust and Flash/Ghost.

Quote:
http://www.severitygaming.com/index.php?action=lols2calc#m=1-3-0-0-4-0-0-4-1-0-0-1-3-0-3-0-1-0-3-1-0-4-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

* 21/9/0 over 21/0/9 is my personal preference, I find the extra defense immensely helpful due to MF's lack of escape mechanisms, so don't just get caught up on "OGAD, DEFENSE VS UTILITY! I AGREE/DISAGREE!".

Beethovinh

11-16-2011

i've always felt that her ultimate was strong before the 25-30 minute mark, with or without archaic knowledge, so the fact that it'd be awkward to get it on the new tree doesn't really bother me.

with the new masteries in place i run 26/3/1 as well but getting havoc and demolitionist instead.

Arwan

11-16-2011

i run 30 in offense but i play hybrid MF , you can kill squishys with just one well placed ult, but in generally i ll agree with your point. Shee needs to do the same dmg in a shorter time maybe or increase ratios. And strut for god they shuld change that skill ,

oshienu

11-16-2011

But you also get that godly 10% ArPen witth the 5% less MrPen.