AP Casters shafted on new masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheekies

11-15-2011

So if we take a look at the new trees we can see on utility when you get to the 3rd tier and have picked up an offensive priority build you only have enough points to put a maxiumum of 1 point into transmutation (Spell Vamp)- while an offensive specced AD hero could pick up life steal on the offensive tree. This basically means that only support heroes or support specced casters can take advantage of spell vamp- while AD heroes have a wider variety of items and mastery options that can give them greater early game spell vamp which in turn helps sustain lane dominance.

Why make mages commit to a support tree and sacrifice damage to get spell vamp? If mages can't take advantage of it.. then why is it even there? I say remove completely or put it in the offensive tree.

Nehrak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekies View Post
you get to the 3th tier
Attachment 321206

Robot Yuri

11-15-2011

Pick damage or sustain. Casters shouldn't have both, theyre ranged and do ridiculous damage. It's why Morgana is commonly banned, nobody wants to deal with an invincible caster who shrugs off harass and does tons of damage.

Sangricarn

11-15-2011

Life steal has always been more accessible than spell vamp, nothing new here

PudgyPants

11-15-2011

op expose as full ******

Pilkunnussija

11-15-2011

I wasn't aware that mages were required to commit to the support tree any more.

EDIT: I just risked a little bit of LoL on my laptop (I'm at work right now, but bored as hell.), and from what I can tell a good caster page would be able to go 16/0/14. you pick good amounts of AP and magic pen in the offensive tree, and use the mana masteries along with a choice of movement speed or spell vamp in the utility tree.

Cheekies

11-15-2011

Morgana isn't commonly banned in my games, but why offer life steal to AD carries (who also are ranged and do ridiculous damage), but not to casters?

Bellanotte

11-15-2011

Makes sense. Why spell vamp even offered if AP carries aren't going to use it? Whats the purpose?

Robot Yuri

11-15-2011

Because AD carries don't START with ridiculous damage. As a matter of fact they have the weakest early game of any champions.

Bellanotte

11-15-2011

It makes sense. Why put spell vamp in a place where AP carries won't get it? If they won't use it then why is it there? Seems like poor placement tbh.