New Akali masteries and runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

moothz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

I'm testing some rune pages/masteries combinations for Akali.
I removed 2 of my AP Quints and put Movespeed ones there. Plus, 21-0-9 with 4 points in movespeed.

Runes:
- 8.5 ad
- 14 AP
- 3.0% movespeed
- Health/level seals

With 21-0-9 masteries you can start the game with:
- Both passives active (20 AP and 10 damage)
- 394 movespeed with boots 1 (THIS, THIS is love)

I think those are enough reasons to change my Akali pages. What do you guys think? Is it any good? How are you setting your pages up?

Extraxi

11-15-2011

I want to try mostly offense tree with her. I've been looking at 27/0/3 with her (getting both 10% penetrations, life steal and spell vamp, havoc and executioner, etc.). I haven't tested anything yet, but it could be fun for massive damage.

Leib

11-15-2011

What do you need the movespeed for? That seems like an analogous argument to switch Merc Threads/Sorc Shoes for Boots of Swift, which is often a bad play.

Koldheartedjsp

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib View Post
What do you need the movespeed for? That seems like an analogous argument to switch Merc Threads/Sorc Shoes for Boots of Swift, which is often a bad play.
movement speed is an extremely important stat. The only problem is the +1 movemement is nowhere near worth say 12% dodge, 20 spell pen, 35% tenacity+ magic resist.

If you can get the movement speed in utility and runes, and NOT gimp your champion, its amazing.

Next time you see a guide, and it reccomends hp quints, put movement ones there instead. You'll thank me later (unless jungler you may need the hp)

moothz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

I run movespeed runes in almost all my champions. Once you get used to it you'll never want to leave them.

I focused on this movespeed because Akali already punishes melee VERY hard, making zoning and escaping from ganks a lot easier. If I can get to 'kite' ranged and mages (mid laning, usually) it'll be pretty badass. A 50 movespeed difference is HUGE (and if they don't start boots it'll be around... 80?)

Para

11-15-2011

akali could potentially just go full 30/0/0.

For runes, if you are a fan of having late game power, you can go 9 level ap glyphs now

JunSupport

11-15-2011

21 / 0 / 9 is still the best way to go.

Akali is an anti-carry/assassin first.Offensive tree has so much to offer:

• Extra AD to help proc her passive.
  • Flat AP
  • Extra AP that scales with level
  • Magic Pen
  • Damage Amp (Havoc)
  • AP amplifier
  • Fatality Amp (low health target)

Runes probably stay the same, swapping out whatever you find you don't need.

Efficiency and what-not. P:

moothz

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunSupport View Post
21 / 0 / 9 is still the best way to go.

Akali is an anti-carry/assassin first.
Offensive tree has so much to offer:
  • Extra AD to help proc her passive.
  • Flat AP (only really need 1)
  • Extra AP that scales with level
  • Magic Pen
  • Damage Amp (Havoc)
  • AP amplifier
  • Fatality Amp (low health target)

Runes stay the same.

-Just enough AD marks with Masteries for 10 AD (or 9.5, rounding up).
-Flat armor or AP/level Health/level seals
-Flat AP glyphs (I only use 4, with AP/level for the rest because I'm efficient that way)
-Flat AP Quints

Dont you think the extra movespeed is worth more than 5~10 AP at low levels? That's what I thought, I'll have to test and see if it suits me

I could also put my AP quints back and get more points for the 10% arpen masterie. But... movespeed ;-;

JunSupport

11-15-2011

@Above:

I edited my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moothz View Post
I run movespeed runes in almost all my champions. Once you get used to it you'll never want to leave them.

I focused on this movespeed because Akali already punishes melee VERY hard, making zoning and escaping from ganks a lot easier. If I can get to 'kite' ranged and mages (mid laning, usually) it'll be pretty badass. A 50 movespeed difference is HUGE (and if they don't start boots it'll be around... 80?)
I've never had a problem with people trying to kite Akali on Summoner's Rift.

Probably because first: I don't go mid.

Akali is best played solo-top. Your first 5 levels will be miserable unless you have brush.

Second: Post level6, your ultimate is all you need to secure kills.

Never be the first into a team fight (unless you can't help it)
Always rush Rylai's after essentials like Revolver (you NEED the slow)
Look for a squishy-low health target, Shadow Dance in, repeat.

Never had to worry about movement speed. Ever.

Either they're dead, or they blinked/dashed out and I know I don't have a chance to catch them without getting taken down with them.

moothz

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunSupport View Post
@Above:

I edited my post.

I've never had a problem with people trying to kite Akali on Summoner's Rift.

Probably because first: I don't go mid.

Akali is best played solo-top. Your first 5 levels will be miserable unless you have brush.

Second: Post level6, your ultimate is all you need to secure kills.

Never be the first into a team fight (unless you can't help it)
Always rush Rylai's after essentials like Revolver (you NEED the slow)
Look for a squishy-low health target, Shadow Dance in, repeat.

Never had to worry about movement speed. Ever.

Either they're dead, or they blinked/dashed out and I know I don't have a chance to catch them without getting taken down with them.
I used to go Rylai's first, then I switched to rushing Hextech Gunblade for the sustain and the active. With the Gunblade nerf I started getting rylai's after revolver. I like the movespeed pre 6, and it allows to catch that range for the ultimate later on.

Well, thank you for your tips. I'll have to give them a try