LoL Viewer - Check out the unreleased champion models!

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

muusbolla

07-23-2009

EDIT: This utility is very old and doesn't run on Windows 7 x64 (which I have myself). Please use HappyNihil's tutorial on UVMapper to view the models these days. The only purpose of this thread now is for historical reasons - check out Averdrian and the Spider Queen if you haven't seen them yet. They are the only two champions in this list that have not yet been released.

OLD POST:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
As a reminder - please do not distribute these to anyone who is not under the same NDA that you are under! (Only beta testers pl0x!)
Current Version: 0.23

I wrote a utility to view and skin the models in the game directory. You can use this to check out the unreleased champion models/skins, or for you creative types, to test your own skins on the existing models!

Read the readme for instructions. If you receive any crashes or errors, please post the full text of the error message here so that I can (attempt to) fix it. (edit: Don't get your hopes up.)

There are 8 unreleased champion models that forum members have found: Averdrian, Dr. Mundo, Pirate, Janna, Spider Queen, Jester, Corki, and Gemknight. Due to popular demand, I have also uploaded screenshots of the first 7 champions. I had to break them into 4 zip files due to forum attachment size limitations.

As stated by Riot employees, many of these models/skins may be works in progress, so keep that in mind and don't judge them too harshly. Also, please don't make any stupid forum threads about them. They will be released when Riot feels they are done, and at that point I'm sure they will be well-polished.

AVERDRIAN FOREVER!!!

Genose

07-23-2009

Cool, checking it out now.

Edit: Alright, checked it out...

- Dr Mundo is by far my favorite model now. I love the freak-a-zoid look on him, plus, all mad scientists need a blade too.

- Spider Queen looks great, and it's funny because I had a very similar look for a character I was designing for something else, with the victorian dress and all.

- Averdian is going to be a super intelligence hero, I can forsee that now.

- Permission looks like just a regular upgraded creep or something.

- Pirate looks okay...

- Janna looks like some water-based hero...

Snice

07-23-2009

Very nice

NinjaDEN

07-23-2009

Oh sweet, the pirate has a pimpin gold cutlass!

Jazzminkey

07-23-2009

Uh- does this violate the NDA?

Immortal

07-23-2009

Is the link not working for anyone else?

muusbolla

07-23-2009

@Genose: Janna's model file is "AirAvatar.dds" so I assume she's an Air caster of some type.

@Jazzminkey: Like I said in my post, I checked with LimaBeans and he told me anything that's included with the current game client is fair game. Just make sure this info doesn't leave the beta forums.

Jazzminkey

07-23-2009

@ Muusbolla- could you just save the pictures as JPEGs and attach them to the forum then?

Marduke

Adjudicator

07-23-2009

Oh hell yes, Muusbolla, you friggin rock. We threw this idea around yesterday, and he wrote the program already. Very impressive. Can't wait to start working on some skins.

Also, how would this at all violate the NDA? If they didn't want us to be able to see these heroes, they just wouldn't load them into patches before they're released.

Bane

07-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzminkey View Post
@ Muusbolla- could you just save the pictures as JPEGs and attach them to the forum then?
Ya that would be nice for us folk browsing at work. =)

1234511 ... 18