Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

****fix lag****

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PunnyMaster

11-14-2011

After a long research, many experiment and test, I've finally found out the major reason why many people are lagging in this game. I've found that the most common lags ( including grave halloween patch's lags ) came from the audio driver "realtek hd". Windows 7 use some of the software in which the driver couldn't work 100% efficiently, make the on-board sound card extremely hot and windows 7 sense it and reduce the CPU's speed.

easy fix : mute the game's sound
* this fix only works for some games, because LOL can completely "mute" the sound, disable the sound from even playing or tried to play. Unlike many other games in which "mute" means voice level at 0 , you still won't hear any sound from it but the computer will still tried to play it in which slows down the computer's processing speed.*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Symptoms : Lags with sound, in-game audio make the whole game lags, randomly lags
Cause : Windows 7 x64 isn't compatible with realtek HD audio driver ( this is why I put this up )
Fix : remove and install the newest version of driver ( this one is compatible with win7x64 )

** THIS FIX IS ONLY FOR THOSE WITH WINDOWS 7: X64 WITH REALTEK HD AUDIO **

First step : right click my computer -> manage -> drivers
Second Step : uninstall "realtek Hd Audio Drivers"
Third step : download the latest driver from here : http://www.realtek.com/downloads/ ( the newest version, windows didn't make it auto update yet ) download this "64bits Vista, Windows7 Driver only (Executable file)" version R2.66
Fourth step : install the driver
Fifth step : Restart the computer

VOILA !! LESS LAG LOL !! NOW YOU CAN PLAY WITH SOUND !!

** I used to disable the sound all the time because it always make me lags whenever the announcer starting to talk or my character starting to talk **
** experiment my computer with sound for the first time in months, lag free **

PunnyMaster

11-15-2011

this works for fizz patch too.

smtalmot2012

08-12-2012

?? how i go manage