Chogath is Top-Tier (Again): The Definitive Guide by 5HITCOMBO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwampZero

Senior Member

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
I try hard not to be aggresive but seriously... what you just said made no sense... "I didnt read it but no". What do you mean by that?

This basically shows why you can't use Randuim... if you just don't have enough brain power to read and comment on a forum post, I find it hard to believe you can play this game in any decent way... Just don't play Cho... you wont be able to do anything with it.
No way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame
General build
- Always regrowth pendant first.... sell it later if you dont need to transform it into anything.
- Boots Mobility, Mercury or Ninja
- HP-AP Item
- Defensive item (either Magic Resist or Armor, depending on the enemy)
- AP Item
- Item depending on Team/Enemy/Game 1
- Item depending on Team/Enemy/Game 2

HP-AP items:
- RoA
- Rylai

AP items:
- Deathfire grasp (Buy Kage's Lucky pick early if you are going this way)
- Mejai
- Zhonya

Armor Items:
- Randuim (Buy Turtle shell early if you are going this way).
- Guardian Angel
- Thornmail
- Frozen heart (CDR is really nice).

Magic Resistance Items:
- Banshee's Veil
- Force of Nature

Team support items:
- Abbysal Scepter
- Will of the Ancients
- Aegis

If I'm doing Mundo like (doing what I please) I end up with zomething like this:
- ROA
- Mobility
- Mejai
- Deathfire grasp
- Randuims
- Guardian Angel

So basically you just listed pretty much all the items ingame that offer armor, hp, mr, ap and told the reader to pick some.

Good build dude.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Predien

Member

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5HITCOMBO View Post
lol really does my name say that? Couldn't have been intentional lol!!!!!
It makes me giggle every time I see it. Probably because I, slightly, have the mind of a 13 year old


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunflame

Senior Member

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernichter View Post
I am none-the-less surprised that no one has mentioned buying a Glacial Shroud, transitioning long-term to a Frozen Heart.
See my list of armor items I recommend Frozen heart and I placed a special note about cooldown reduction.

Raduims and Frozen Heart have AMAZING synegy. Together they get you to about 300 AR+MR, which brings the slow to 3.5 seconds. On top of that they max your CDR. Attack speed reduction aura, Attack speed reduction if you attack chogath, Attack speed reduction from active. The only two bad things about this combo are: No AP and No Magic Resist. So it is geared vs High damage DPS teams


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunflame

Senior Member

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampZero View Post
No way

So basically you just listed pretty much all the items ingame that offer armor, hp, mr, ap and told the reader to pick some.

Good build dude.
I offered a guideline for the build. Read the GENERAL BUILD. Basically I said pick items from each category. I was very specific in saying that Chogath is VERY VERY team dependant and Enemy dependant

Examples:
vs Jax+Ashe+Janna+Taric+Singed: Mostly AD team, obviously you will focus on armor and damage speed debuff... there is no point of getting force of nature vs this team. Frozen Hearth and Randuim are your first choices for defense. RoA should be good (my first choice for HP-

vs Twisted Fate+Warwick+Annie+Pantheon+Amumu: This is a more balanced team, but it tends to be mostly magic (you can be sure bloodrazor is coming on warwick). Therefore Force of Nature is a decent choice, so is Banshee Veil, Adding rylai for slow and extra damage (squishies) is also good.

vs Annie, Morgara, Ashe, Shen, Sion: Another balanced team, but this time is focused on stuns and slows. So Veil is a priority this time. I would add RoA (i love roa) first, then boots, third would be randuim for some HP/Armor vs AD people and the slow to help running away, next would be banshee.. Last 2 item would change depending who is carrying their team. Primary choices are Guardian angel, Mejai (if we are doing great), Abyssal scepter (if my team needs the MR reduction), Rylai (more slow+hp).

See a Build with chogath is highly situational. If you replace the last team's Sion with yourself (making your team ANNIE+Morgara+Ashe+Singed), then you will probably get Abyssal scepter or Zhonya or another high AP item for damage as your team already does a really good job slowing/stunning the enemy. On top of that you dont need as much magic resist because morgara can shield you, so force of nature is not really that important (you might still get Veil). I would probably still get randuims to support tibber stun/morgara ultimate and the cooldown reduction. If they can't run away from tibbers or morgara everything is better.

Again chogath builds = highly situational.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Backdoor Brian

Senior Member

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wang View Post
Bad build is bad.
Idiotic opinion is pretty idiotic, I've been playing Cho since I started yesterday, and while I'm new, and trying to understand how it works, I will try your build 5hit, just to see if it's as effective as you say, if it is, I'll be thankful and be able to start getting my kill count up (and not my Deaths count)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valwryn

Junior Member

06-30-2010

Just my two cents but I find DG to be a fantastic item on AP Cho. Before pop-up caused damage upfront. You could pop up, hit with DG (30%+ gone), they land and take damage, then scream and chomp to fully eliminates squishies (even without chomp sometimes) and tanks are usually running at full speed.

Not to mention the stats on Deathfire Grasp are not throw away either (+mp/5, CDR, AP).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5HATCOMBO

Senior Member

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valwryn View Post
Just my two cents but I find DG to be a fantastic item on AP Cho. Before pop-up caused damage upfront. You could pop up, hit with DG (30%+ gone), they land and take damage, then scream and chomp to fully eliminates squishies (even without chomp sometimes) and tanks are usually running at full speed.

Not to mention the stats on Deathfire Grasp are not throw away either (+mp/5, CDR, AP).
That's a pretty good point, having an extra ability is always pretty solid. I really only build one AP item on Cho because people really, really expect you to play the role of the tank while you're bursting for ~1.5k. DFG is solid on casters in general, I've never really used it on Cho because he needs survivability bad and Zhonya's takes care of all your AP needs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Backdoor Brian

Senior Member

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5HITCOMBO View Post
That's a pretty good point, having an extra ability is always pretty solid. I really only build one AP item on Cho because people really, really expect you to play the role of the tank while you're bursting for ~1.5k. DFG is solid on casters in general, I've never really used it on Cho because he needs survivability bad and Zhonya's takes care of all your AP needs.
Well I have to thank you 5hit, and I'd love to play along side you in game sometime, if it weren't too much trouble, but I did your build and I have to say, it is very beastly, I was able to dish out and kill more people than I even thought was possible. Thank you for making a successful guide that actually works, even though it's mid-late elo in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5HATCOMBO

Senior Member

07-01-2010

I've actually been running really bad lately, solo queue is raping me. My team usually consists of a 1/6 Morgana, a 1/10 Pantheon who decides to ult their towers and feed every time he revives, Feedersticks, Master Feed and me. But yeah, I'd be glad to play if you want, I have a lot of friends who I don't tryhard with and are low level/new to the game so I don't care if we win/lose really.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwiftySuspect

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-01-2010

What about 3v3?