Caitlyn didn't get nerfed after all?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squirls

11-15-2011

cait controls space better though. She'd still have her uses, but they'd fall short as soon as you left your lane.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
600 range would make Caitlyn worthless as Ashe has far better utility than Caitlyn as it is (slow/hawkshot/stun ult vs net), Caitlyn's range is the only thing that keeps her playable.
If you're relying entirely on the range of her autoattacks then you're just not a good Caitlyn player. As it stands anyone can just pick her up and suck with her spells and still do good because of her crazy range.

If the range is reduced to 600 that still leaves a 50 range gap with other ranged carries (besides Ashe) that good players will use to their advantage. She also has one of the best non-ult escape mechanisms in the game with her E and it doubles as a chasing mechanism. Her traps are also underrated by novice players; with a bit of leading or careless opponents they're good for escaping/chasing and they're awesome for warding bushes. And ofc her ult is great for finishing off fleeing foes if used properly. Plus her damage output is quite nice.

TL;DR Lowering her autoattack range to 600 might shut down bad Caitlyn players, but the good ones will still find her a great choice.

Acrylamide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Nerfs and Buffs are minor because it's a tournament patch.

Akali on the other hand...

That Other Guy

11-15-2011

Yeah, considering the major changes to Akali, Graves, and summoner spells and the redone mastery trees they can't expect anyone to take the statement of "it's a tournament patch so changes are minor" line seriously.

saxxp

11-15-2011

lol?

Cait has one of the lowest potential damage outputs of a ranged carries and she 'outclasses' everything else. Ok.

That Other Guy

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxxp View Post
Cait has one of the lowest potential damage outputs of a ranged carrie
Care to back that up instead of spouting questionable statements with no evidence? From what I can see only a couple of ranged carries have higher damage potential and that's because they have bursty AoE abilites which require them to get in close, whereas Caitlyn can just snipe from a safe distance.

saxxp

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00011011S View Post
Care to back that up instead of spouting questionable statements with no evidence? From what I can see only a couple of ranged carries have higher damage potential and that's because they have bursty AoE abilites.

You even play this game bud?

Her only damage steroid 8.3 percent AD steroid as a passive that costs nothing. It doubles if fired from the bush. That's at max level, now lets just say she's always fighting from a bush and lvl 18. Her gimmick is her range, and to that i say 'learn how to position yourself'.

Champs that have higher potential damage output.

Tristana - 90 percent AS steroid and has higher range than cait at lvl 18.

Vayne - 8 % targets health true damage + 55, BF sword ult, 60 percent bonus AD on tumble

Ezreal - free auto attack every 2-3 seconds, landing all your skill shots gives 30 percent AS, worthy mention of AS debuff on his E

Kog maw - i don't even want to go over this one, kog maw isn't broken at all http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Kog'Maw_the_Mouth_of_the_Abyss

Sivir - direct hit of q results in a free auto attack every 9 seconds possibly 1.5,honorable mention of ricochet which damages many targets at once, 30 % AS steroid

Even twitch - http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Twitch - tired of typing

Champions that don't have higher potential damage than her

Ash

can't think of anymore.

That's in terms of potential damage output. In a real game 60% AS isn't 60 % more damage or even close. And range does matter. But in terms of potential damage output, she has one of the worst.

Tha Dynamite

11-15-2011

The only thing keeping Caitlyn afloat is her range. Take that away and then shes underpowered.

5 movement speed is actually a huge deal for an AD carry. And because of it, I'll probably be switching to another one. Having even less mobility means I would have to depend even more on my team to protect me.

Like Reginald said, Ezreal is one of the strongest and independent AD carry because of his mobility. Less mobility on an AD carry = more dependence on others. And you know how much you can depend on others in solo queue.

You guys just don't realize how significant a nerf this is yet. If they were to drop it another 5 points, Caitlyn would be outright unviable.

That Other Guy

11-15-2011

Tristana - Her range is only high late game and by then you have the defense to make up for it. Caitlyn has her crazy range the whole game and can keep most champions from farming with it giving her a huge edge early game which carries into the late game. As for the AS steroid it's only for 7 seconds with a 20sec cd; easily avoided.

Vayne - I have to give you this one, though she's really squishy.

Ezreal - Every time I see this guy he's pretty much just good for his global ult, though I might just not have seen any good ones; tbh I very rarely see this guy outside of his ult flying across the screen in Dominion.

Kog'maw - I've never actually laned against him that I recall so I couldn't really say.

Sivir - Surely you aren't trying to argue that she has a higher damage output? Largely due to her tiny range the only thing she's good at is pushing lanes and towers; even with her ult up I don't have a problem killing her.

Twitch - he IS his ult; if his ult isn't up he's food and even with his ult up you can often burst him down.

saxxp

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00011011S View Post
Tristana - Her range is only high late game and by then you have the defense to make up for it. Caitlyn has her crazy range the whole game and can keep most champions from farming with it giving her a huge edge early game which carries into the late game. As for the AS steroid it's only for 7 seconds with a 20sec cd; easily avoided.

Vayne - I have to give you this one, though she's really squishy.

Ezreal - Every time I see this guy he's pretty much just good for his global ult, though I might just not have seen any good ones; tbh I very rarely see this guy outside of his ult flying across the screen in Dominion.

Sivir - Surely you aren't trying to argue that she has a higher damage output? Largely due to her tiny range the only thing she's good at is pushing lanes and towers; even with her ult up I don't have a problem killing her.

Twitch - he IS his ult; if his ult isn't up he's food and even with his ult up you can often burst him down.
Not going to argue with you, i just stated numbers and facts to which you replied gameplay and tactics.

I agreed range does matter and attack steroids don't always equate to winning a fight. But as far as potential damage output, cait has one of the worst, and that's a fact.