Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Caitlyn didn't get nerfed after all?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ltaly

11-15-2011

Hell yah, I paid 6300 for that *****, don't want riot nerfing her to the ground like morde and vlad. Rofl, you scared me at first riot, but I guess I still love you. Now buff Vayne's attack range please, she's my second main. Thanks! XOXOXOXO

Squirls

11-15-2011

chose harder mains!

Kehlin

11-15-2011

Hijacked to laugh at MF buff

Aboxorox

11-15-2011

I really don't see 5 movement being any deal at all.
Ganks will be "more" successful but it really isn't much. Frankly what they did was take the other second-class range carries and give them a good nerf, buff the under-classed range carries to their level and leave Cait, the long-crowned range carry queen at the top.

Cait's problem is she outharrassed ANY champion she faces. You can't even turret hug against her because she picks you off outside of turret range if you're a melee champ.
In SR she just locks champs in their turret with traps. Step on the trap and lose 1/2 your health without doing damage to her. Don't step on the trap and get underfarmed.

The movement speed will allow for a better ganking chance...but that doesn't balance her. The only range champ which can solo against a Cait is a Cait. She shuts down anybody in the solo lane and this is a HUGE advantage in late game.

Ganking ability doesn't mean much during the laning phase. And this is where she needed the nerf.
Not in later game running ability.

Skither

11-15-2011

Caitlyn is not overpowered. Every other AD carry just kind of sucks now. Also, Tristana outranges Cait late game. Anyhow, the real issue is that the lower class champs are either boring or not that good.

Example:
Corki - He's good, but he doesn't really have anything that makes him shine out.

Miss Fortune - She's good, but her CC isn't very good and she doesn't really outclass any other AD carry in any way. Her Q is the best thing she has.

Tristana - She's great. Probably does the most damage cause of her Q. The biggest issue with her is that she's just kind of boring and has skills that can punish her or are useless later on.

Caitlyn can do damage and has great range. But that's the thing, if you get rid of her range, you get rid of the reason that she exists. If anything should be nerfed on her, probably her ult. It scales very well that a champ with half health can hardly escape. It's not Caitlyn that's too strong, it's the other champions that are too weak.

TheMask336

11-15-2011

Quote:
New Battlefield:
i have to say i was dissapoint at that nerf too. why was that stated in the preview, when something as big as the akali nerf wasnt? not sayign anythign about it, just seems wierd that -5 movment speed is such a big higlight

same with me.......the preview for this patch said she would be gettin a nerf thats not a nerf shes still going to be op compared to other ad carriers..........which means we gonna have to wait till next patch before they actually nerf her down cuz shes still gonna be out classing everybody lol :/

Skither

11-15-2011

Actually, decreasing movement speed can be a big deal. It's one of the reasons why Ashe isn't used very often anymore. She's one of the slowest champs in the game. She's also very, very squishy as well. Still, it made her almost unusable cause she can't really escape anyone anymore. Not to mention how many champions have ways of speeding up, dashing, etc... So, slowing doesn't contribute to how long you live with her anymore because Jax can leap on your head and 3 shot you, or Renekton can dash to you and laugh at your face, or Poppy can speed herself up (basically ignoring that she got slowed) and cream her to the wall.

Also, if you look at Caitlyn's skills, she was meant to be a single target, long ranged, AD carry. I mean, Why the Hell would I ever cast my Q if I had 600 range? Think about that for a second. She stands there for 2 seconds, where she could DIE, and finally shoots while she's getting her ass handed to her. Making her useless won't make the other AD carries better. It'll make them played more but Caitlyn will be useless too.

Chagrinn

11-15-2011

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge but... where did you read the patch notes?

Squirls

11-15-2011

Quote:
Aboxorox:
I really don't see 5 movement being any deal at all.
Ganks will be "more" successful but it really isn't much. Frankly what they did was take the other second-class range carries and give them a good nerf, buff the under-classed range carries to their level and leave Cait, the long-crowned range carry queen at the top.

Cait's problem is she outharrassed ANY champion she faces. You can't even turret hug against her because she picks you off outside of turret range if you're a melee champ.
In SR she just locks champs in their turret with traps. Step on the trap and lose 1/2 your health without doing damage to her. Don't step on the trap and get underfarmed.

The movement speed will allow for a better ganking chance...but that doesn't balance her. The only range champ which can solo against a Cait is a Cait. She shuts down anybody in the solo lane and this is a HUGE advantage in late game.

Ganking ability doesn't mean much during the laning phase. And this is where she needed the nerf.
Not in later game running ability.

You actually get it, but you fail to realize that 5 movement speed means more than you think. Maybe you've never had to play ashe, or anivia, or one of those other 300 speed champions but because of that difference they can't attack other (lesser range) ad/ap carries because they get punished for it. Cait's now at a disadvantage if she decides to autoattack with her passive because she can't get away as easily. (more time to react when she's coming in and the abillity to chase her down.)

@skither: Cait is also ballanced by her lack of utillity. She lacks good stuns and has only one escape. Her abillities don't grant her much bonus damage, she's purely ad based, hence her range and passive.

Kagami

11-15-2011

Quote:
00011011S:
The patch preview touted a nerf to Caitlyn as one of the major changes so she wouldn't outclass other carries then all they do is reduce her base movement speed by 5? WTF that's not gonna fix anything!

The reason she outclasses other ranged carries is her ridiculous autoattack range, which is 100 higher than the other carries (except ashe who's at 600). All they had to do was knock her range down to 600 and she'd be fine, but noooo >.>

/endrage

600 range would make Caitlyn worthless as Ashe has far better utility than Caitlyn as it is (slow/hawkshot/stun ult vs net), Caitlyn's range is the only thing that keeps her playable.