Why no Warmog's?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

awexomeguy

11-15-2011

Dang, looks like I can't play mundo anymore

TheChief

11-15-2011

Maybe I just didn't have enough exposure to Dominion (or high level play) but I didn't notice everyone grabbing it. In fact, I generally only saw on people that would normally get it (garen, maoki, etc.) I rarely ever got it but it'd be nice to have some option for a single item worth a lot of health.

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb getting sued View Post
instead of getting one frozen mallet and one warmog's

get two frozen mallets
lool

5371EI

11-15-2011

I can see the reason to remove it but not with out having it's replacement Item ready. Trinity Force and Warmogs were my core items. So Replacing Warmogs with Frozen Mallet doesn't make much sense.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

well people are a lot easier to kill since this change

Stez007

11-15-2011

Just tried Sivir without Warmog's.

Mallet just doesn't cut it. No longer a viable pick, unless the next games prove me wrong.

TheChief

11-15-2011

Well I hardly think we should justify anything based on Sivir's performance :P

Ahlen

11-15-2011

It's atma's that's the problem, not Warmogs.

Blackfire447

11-15-2011

Not liking the warmogs removal...All I play is Jarvan and pantheon, and they both go atmas sooooo

that sucks...Plus I never found it that big of a problem, and if you did remove it at least wait until its replacement was ready...

Heat n Serve

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Warmog's in general didn't have a great place in Dominion. Understand first that, as a whole, defensive stats in LoL tend to be under-priced compared to offensive stats. This posed a good bit of a problem for us in development, but ultimately we were able to mitigate it by adding the map-wide armor and magic penetration buff.
I contend that these silly tweaks by means of global buffs would not have been necessary if you hadn't changed the order in which flat and percent-based penetration mechanics apply over a year ago. The cost effectiveness of offensive items would have gone up a bit and the cost effectiveness of defensive items would have gone down a bit. We also wouldn't be seeing this long-standing tanky dps meta that we've seen since that change was implemented. Problem solved.