Why no Warmog's?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rickert

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamusss View Post
lolz, mallet is by far a better item. permaslow 40% huehuehue.
and 700hp instead of 920 ? well I PICK.

and atma with hp provide 80dmg+18%Crit like I.E (give 45armor instead of 250dmg).

but cost 2.2K instead of 3.8k ? SERIOUSLY ???????

atma should cost 3K AT LEAST.
Clearly you haven't played atmogs in Dominion or sucked with it. Warmogs gives you 920+450 = 1370 hp ~ 2x Mallet. Also, Warmogs is cheaper than Mallet. Add up with a defensive item (like thornmail, veils or even aegis) and your team don't feed them, then you can happily stomp anyone.

Getting max stacks with Warmogs is an easy job. 10 assists. Hard.

You can't perma slow anyone if you attack speed is low as well as enemy team has high mobility champion (shaco, wukong, ez, yorick ... and flash as well).

Now I may have to play the weaker build, which is Fratma.

Seņor Pancho

11-15-2011

Quote:
Clearly you haven't played atmogs in Dominion or sucked with it
how does one "suck with atmogs" ?

TheChief

11-15-2011

Okay, I can see that being an issue. Thanks for the clarification. My first red

Shaxtenn

11-15-2011

Warmog's was a necessary counter to the tanky DPS epidemic.

The only champions Warmog's makes real sense to build on are tanky DPS.

Irony headache.

Mark Of Bane

11-15-2011

"A sniper without a sniper gun is just a guy with a gun", Marcus Kincaid (Borderlands).

This describes Vladimir with no Warmog's.

sizzackz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
With Warmogs gone, everyone will just Fratma's + Odin's Veil. As for AP mages building Warmog's...? Okay, you are now forced to actually play a better build.
better build? my annie and fiddle sticks build was owning every game i played. Being able to stun/fear+silence more often helped me and my team hold points till more ppl arrived.

Atyres

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Warmog's in general didn't have a great place in Dominion. Understand first that, as a whole, defensive stats in LoL tend to be under-priced compared to offensive stats. This posed a good bit of a problem for us in development, but ultimately we were able to mitigate it by adding the map-wide armor and magic penetration buff. Warmog's as a pure HP + HP/5 item is a defensive item that wasn't affected by that change though, so it still had that beneficial pricing. Further its core weakness, needing to build it up over time, it heavily mitigated in Dominion due to the number of assists that are generated, and in general it was the only real remaining "farm up" item we had on the map.

We had been planning on replacing Warmog's with a new defensive item for awhile now, but with the community starting to pick up on how good an item it was on the map we opted to pull the trigger now even though the new item is not ready. While I do wish we could have shipped the new item as well, we generally thought the game would be better off at the moment without Warmog's.
So because an item is good it should be removed? Getting Warmogs means they are having less Armor/Magic resist and are much more susceptible to things like Death Fire Grasp and Bloodrazer. It is a double edged sword in all honesty, get more hp and you may survive longer, get more HP and those aforementioned items will open you up like a can of tuna. Personally I loved Warmogs but didn't use it often unless the enemy team was seriously focusing me. Removing it in my opinion was a silly choice, it didn't really hurt the game except for people that didn't understand to get a bloodrazer or DFG. It was more a counter to tanky dps since they usually do not rely on attack speed, even then some champs like Rumble could still utilize the DFG in order to get the edge.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Guys, do some basic math before suggestion Frozen mallet over warmogs.

Mallet costs 3200g, provides 700 health and 20 AD. Plus the slow. Thats 1750g worht of health and 800g worth of AD. And a slow that the champ may or may not need.

Warmog costs 3000 and provides up to 1300 health which is worth 3350g by itself, plus the 900ish gold worth of health regen which isn't so great.

Stacking Mallets is terribly inefficient, getting 2700g of stats for 3200g. You are much better off taking other health booster items, such as Sunfire Cape, Odins Veil, or even Aegis.

MMKH

11-15-2011

I will miss my Warmog's rushing on Panth followed by Atmas. Oh well, Frozen Mallet or Triforce should suffice.

kokxx

Recruiter

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Warmog's in general didn't have a great place in Dominion. Understand first that, as a whole, defensive stats in LoL tend to be under-priced compared to offensive stats. This posed a good bit of a problem for us in development, but ultimately we were able to mitigate it by adding the map-wide armor and magic penetration buff. Warmog's as a pure HP + HP/5 item is a defensive item that wasn't affected by that change though, so it still had that beneficial pricing. Further its core weakness, needing to build it up over time, it heavily mitigated in Dominion due to the number of assists that are generated, and in general it was the only real remaining "farm up" item we had on the map.

We had been planning on replacing Warmog's with a new defensive item for awhile now, but with the community starting to pick up on how good an item it was on the map we opted to pull the trigger now even though the new item is not ready. While I do wish we could have shipped the new item as well, we generally thought the game would be better off at the moment without Warmog's.
Umm so while were at "farming-up things", are any changes to cho's ult planned on Dominion? Noone will ever be able to keep all the stacks.