Why no Warmog's?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheChief

11-14-2011

"Warmog's Armor and Priscilla's Blessing are no longer purchasable in the Dominion game mode"

Ok, Priscilla's Blessing I can see (I think the item should have been left in but made more expensive or just slightly less good. I really hope there's a rework coming) but Warmog's!!?? Where did that come from? We need health in Dominion too D:

Narogsun

11-14-2011

idk , riot should clear this question with some info

brb getting sued

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
We need health in Dominion too D:
instead of getting one frozen mallet and one warmog's

get two frozen mallets

Rebonack

11-14-2011

I had been under the impression that Riot was planning to replace Warmog's with some new raw-HP item sans the HP/5 and the need to charge it. Buuuuut... I guess not?

TheChief

11-14-2011

It makes me want to play a bunch of Dominion before they're patched out. But I have an 8 am D:

Brackhar

Features Designer

11-14-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Warmog's in general didn't have a great place in Dominion. Understand first that, as a whole, defensive stats in LoL tend to be under-priced compared to offensive stats. This posed a good bit of a problem for us in development, but ultimately we were able to mitigate it by adding the map-wide armor and magic penetration buff. Warmog's as a pure HP + HP/5 item is a defensive item that wasn't affected by that change though, so it still had that beneficial pricing. Further its core weakness, needing to build it up over time, it heavily mitigated in Dominion due to the number of assists that are generated, and in general it was the only real remaining "farm up" item we had on the map.

We had been planning on replacing Warmog's with a new defensive item for awhile now, but with the community starting to pick up on how good an item it was on the map we opted to pull the trigger now even though the new item is not ready. While I do wish we could have shipped the new item as well, we generally thought the game would be better off at the moment without Warmog's.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

I have no idea why, Nor warmog or Priscilla was bought in my games, EVER, at least not on the winning team. Brackhar. Do you have solid evidence on stats that at the highest elo Warmog was used a lot? Or where do you get the conclusion that the item is that good on dominion?

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
I have no idea why, Nor warmog or Priscilla was bought in my games, EVER, at least not on the winning team. Brackhar. Do you have solid evidence on stats that at the highest elo Warmog was used a lot? Or where do you get the conclusion that the item is that good on dominion?
Priscilla's tended to cause losses and I'm glad its going...

But Warmog's is not bought all that often from what I have seen. Makes me a little confused as well.

WaterD103

11-14-2011

There is one champ where warmog was a good buy imo, Lee sin, thats about it.

Ions03

11-14-2011

I used warmogs atamas on all my brawlers on dominion and i hardly ever lose i hope you dont replace it make people build champs differently honestly remove all the giant belt items except Rylais

Pantheon avg 25 kills
Noc same thing
Crit dmg GP heh Np
Lee sin

The real problem was not war mogs TBH or the giant belt items ***Brak Plz remove atmas from dominion you can put mogs back on the point will be if you dont want people using it remove atamas because now your just gonna stack Frozen mallet / Entropy / ???? ima sleep on it

12345 ... 8