What happens next?

[NMR] Find Morello and regroup. Now we have to fight on two fronts! 20 29.41%
[NMR] Seek peace with the IsC for now. Zileas is the greater threat. 12 17.65%
[IsC] Locate Morello. He still has Leona. He must be brought to justice. 37 54.41%
[IsC] Morello's forces are thwarted. Seek an alliance with the Dark Lord. Use him to get Leona. 10 14.71%
[LoN] Join the IsC. Do as they command. 9 13.24%
[LoN] Go rogue. Hunt down Morello. 18 26.47%
[The Knights Who Drink Tea] Drink Tea... somberly in the wake of battle... 13 19.12%
[The Knights Who Drink Tea] Drink Tea... triumphantly in the wake of battle!!! 23 33.82%
[The Anti-Fun Agenda] Find and destroy Morello for his insolence! 20 29.41%
[The Anti-Fun Agenda] Forget Morello. We have other plans! 10 14.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

[Community Event] The Riot War - Chapter 5 - Yes, I Am Mad, Bro...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagarys

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatersGonahMate View Post
[[when is the next chapter? I Haven't seen our master scribe in a while.]]
Soon ™

Seriously though, 3 days was a bit too fast-paced for everyone, so we've sort of drifted to one chapter per week so there's less stress on some of the folks like Valk who have to balance a really busy life with a really busy RP.

Anyway, I'll have it up today! This one will bring some more action back into things.

xMsyk

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupcup View Post
[[Why do you need me? o.O]]
((Well I need to talk to both leaders of the parrots and armored bears. It's important stuff about the main story.))

BaronVonWalrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2011

{Skyim too OP, need separate timespace dimensions so I can play LoL and Skyrim.}

Aboard the IsC Albion - NERD FIGHT GOGOGO

As Irongrinder entered Epic’s hijacked shuttle, Baron pressed a series of buttons on his command gauntlet. Immediately, huge iron doors slammed shut with a pneumatic hiss, sealing off the Hangar Bay and its respective exits. Teh Cletus let out a ferocious roar, leaping in front of the shuttle and alerting any nearby Iron Solari. Caitlyn fired a 90 Caliber Net at the ground, launching herself off the balcony and landing gracefully at the back of the shuttle, drawing her specially-made rifle up to bear against Kelso with a single, fluid motion.

Baron leapt from his hiding spot as his Gauntlet injected several chemicals into his bloodstream, slightly boosting his agility and general combat abilities. With the press of another Gauntlet button, magical energy began to flow around his body, covering Baron in a protective arcane layer.

Drawing his pistol, he stood alongside Caitlyn, covering the shuttle’s exit. Baron felt his loins tingle intensely, and his body began to twitchy-twitch.

This….machine….is the one?

With the strange cyborg in his sights, Baron spoke first.

STOP! You’ve violated the law! Your stolen goods are now forfeit. I have only two questions for you, intruder. Who are you…and how do you feel about human reproductive organs?”

Baneson

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamell View Post
Flamell's destination would normally take 4 days to get to, but due to his injuries he had to take it slower.It had taken him 4 days to reach the port city of Tristania on the coast of the Teemo Skin Lagoon.

Here Flamell would find a ship to take him to the Shadow Islands.
Baneson Shadowfriend

By the time Baneson reached the port city of Tristania it was already close to nightfall. The setting sun cast long, dark, thick shadows across almost the whole of the city, blanketing the town in twilight. He had made excellent time, the shadows of the land guiding him along Flamell's trail as clearly as if Flamell had blazed his path for Baneson. Most of the residents of Tristania were already turning in. The streets of a merchant sailors city were no place for innocent civilians at night. He could already hear the shouts and guffaws of the sailors on leave, looking to lighten their purses, slake their thirst, and wet their appetites.

"Brings back old memories." Baneson thought to himself as he walked further into town.

His civilian clothes, empty hands, and cheery demeanor gave the guards to reason to challenge his entry. "If only they knew what they had just let in." Baneson had whispered under his breath with a smile.

He found himself in a very good mood. This was Baneson's ideal hunting hour, when the shadows were at their zenith, just before giving way to the darkness of nightfall. Many had fallen under Baneson's blades during this time, when he was at his most powerful. He could stand practically anywhere within the city and be within easy reach of any number of shadows that would more than willing to aid him. If Flamell was in Tristania, he was as good as caught.

But it didn't come without its risks. If his quary evaded him for too long, nightfall would rob him of his constant, predictable, sunlight born shadows and he would be dependent on either moonlight or the light of mortals to cast the shadows he'd need. Both had their issues: Moonlight was faint and fickle. The shadows it cast were pale things by comparison to daytime shadows. Using his powers within their embrace tired him. The light created by mortals could be destroyed by mortals, leaving him alone in the dark.

It was all very exciting.

As he walked towards a promising looking inn by the docks, Baneson continued his conversations with the nearby shadows of Tristania learning what he could. Unfortunately, most of the shadows here were unaccustomed to paying any sort of attention to specific mortals and often regarded them as noisy pests that were simply moving much to erratically about the city to offer up any sort of entertainment or any worthwhile detail. Almost all he conversed with were happily surprised they could be heard by him and more than readily offered up whatever aid they could in exchange that he return for another visit in the future. He promised that he would.

He never failed to be surprised by the nature and character of the shadows he encountered. All in all, they weren't really all that much different from mortals. Each had their own unique voice and personality. Some were aloof, others were generous and caring. Some were hostile, some playful and carefree. Still others were childlike and just as curious about his view of the world as Baneson was of theirs. These were his favorites and he eagerly shared as much as he could with them whenever possible.

None of the shadows he encountered would ever travel with him, either they could not or would not and always remained where he left them. There were four exceptions however. The voices of the four shadows he had first met still followed him to this day and they were all busily chatting amongst themselves over what they had learned.

"He's no longer in the city then?" grumbled the old man. He was never in a very good mood.

"Ahhh...no playtime today..." pouted the child, always looking for more fun.

"He's left for the Shadow Isles." chimed in the woman. She was always looking to smooth things over.

"The fool went there?! Those Isles belong to us."

"Yeah, they have our name on um. Hehehe!"

"But isn't it thoughtful of him to lead us there."

"Quiet." the voice of Baneson's own shadow interupted, always keeping the others in line. "Where do we go from here, old friend?"

Baneson pondered over all he had learned and what was asked him. After a few moments he decided, "We will stay in the city for the night. On the morrow we set out for the Shadow Isles."

"Perfect!"

"Hurrah! Tehehe!"

"How wonderful!"

"Hahahahaha!"

Stepping into the inn Baneson smiled at the cheers of his shadowy friends, which were so loud that it almost drowned out the sounds of the sailors' own frivolaty. He could understand their good mood. Afterall, it wasn't everyday that Baneson decided to head home.

Valkyrie Lead

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMsyk View Post
((Well I need to talk to both leaders of the parrots and armored bears. It's important stuff about the main story.))
[[I may be able to talk later tonight but at the latest tomorrow afternoon.]]

Baneson

11-21-2011

Quote:
New Morello Republic Kaiko & Hareve
((Author’s note: I don’t plan on meeting Flamell anywhere. I just needed a coastal city not too far from where we were, and I didn’t feel like inventing one. Also, Uszi, are you still reading?))
((Huh, good thing I read this. Plan on meeting with me xMsyk? Character is in town staying at an inn full of sailors. ))

xMsyk

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneson View Post
((Huh, good thing I read this. Plan on meeting with me xMsyk? Character is in town staying at an inn full of sailors. ))
((If you want to throw in a reference about a group of drunk sailors at the local inn and a buttler monkey, feel free too.))

Epicn00b

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonWalrus View Post
{Skyim too OP, need separate timespace dimensions so I can play LoL and Skyrim.}

Aboard the IsC Albion - NERD FIGHT GOGOGO

As Irongrinder entered Epic’s hijacked shuttle, Baron pressed a series of buttons on his command gauntlet. Immediately, huge iron doors slammed shut with a pneumatic hiss, sealing off the Hangar Bay and its respective exits. Teh Cletus let out a ferocious roar, leaping in front of the shuttle and alerting any nearby Iron Solari. Caitlyn fired a 90 Caliber Net at the ground, launching herself off the balcony and landing gracefully at the back of the shuttle, drawing her specially-made rifle up to bear against Kelso with a single, fluid motion.

Baron leapt from his hiding spot as his Gauntlet injected several chemicals into his bloodstream, slightly boosting his agility and general combat abilities. With the press of another Gauntlet button, magical energy began to flow around his body, covering Baron in a protective arcane layer.

Drawing his pistol, he stood alongside Caitlyn, covering the shuttle’s exit. Baron felt his loins tingle intensely, and his body began to twitchy-twitch.

This….machine….is the one?

With the strange cyborg in his sights, Baron spoke first.

STOP! You’ve violated the law! Your stolen goods are now forfeit. I have only two questions for you, intruder. Who are you…and how do you feel about human reproductive organs?”
[[Oh god...f***ing around with the time sequence again. This time, we cut back to this scene. Which I'm gonna comment about it because..........uh, I can!
1. If this is the official showdown between Kelso and Baron, then how come it is Kelso vs. Baron, Cait, AND Teh Cletus? I don't know the ISC definition of showdowns, but this is clearly unfair!
2. Do I really have to go back and change my posts? I really don't want to. I really don't.
3. I said in a post that you came into the hijacked shuttle as well. What?? And what does it make the BIRD scene then? Non-existant?
4. Did I just get the achievement "f***ed over - get your reality subsituted by someone else"?
5. Can you have your "showdown" after 1. Epic leaves to join the search and 2. Minor with Car faints?
6. Is this canon? I hope it is.
7. Stolen goods? What is this? I don't even....
8. What would happen if this scene occured after Baron scene:]]
Minor with Car looked up, seeing BaronVonWalrus getting buffed, Cait aiming at the shuttle, and Teh Cletus giving a roar.
"Why the hell are you guys making so much noise?? He's on OUR side."
[[Other than these few things, I have no problems.]]

Baneson

11-21-2011

Quote:
((If you want to throw in a reference about a group of drunk sailors at the local inn and a buttler monkey, feel free too.))
((Perhaps in passing. ))

Phalonax

11-21-2011

[[I still has no internets at my new place because the guy installing it derped big time and forgot to give us a router. I miss anything?]]