Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Roake, the Life Warden

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deoxysprime

11-14-2011

This thread is now a part of my compilation found here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2511727

Feel free to check it out!

Lore:

Quote:
Sidrem Roake's past is mysterious, none had found evidence of his origins until he joined the League of Legends. It was speculated that he was a being of pure life, spreading his vitality to all who surround him. Others thought he had dark ambitions beneath his almost holy appearing exterior. Whatever it was, the people at the time were interested in the mysterious soldier who had suddenly allied himself with Demacia. Roake was an eloquent speaker and powerful leader on the battlefield. His raw strength and aura of light and vitality bolstered his allies' morale greatly. His intimidating stature and giant hammer made his foes tremble. He was referred to the League of Legends after some success on the battlefield. It was then that people began to look into his past.

The first evidence of his existence was in the past winter. He hadn't been seen before, people would have remembered him. He towered at nearly eight feet tall, covered in a carapace of bright armor. His sudden appearance was a surprise to those curious about him. Summoners began studies on him, looking for notes that could hold the key to the disconnection. Summoners noticed that he was similar in stature and stance to the missing mercenary Derek Isamor. Derek Isamor had been employed by Demacia to collect intel on Noxus five years prior. Roake was questioned about this, but he didn't remember his past from before his service in Demacia. The next bit of information came within a few days of his participation on the Fields of Justice.

He was found to have a very strong connection with Mordekaiser, the Master of Metal. Their interaction on the battle field caused arcane energies to displace as life and death struggled against each other. Their combat also seemed entranced, two massive men in metal smashing massive blunt weapons together in harmony. Zilean the Chronokeeper was requested to use powerful time magic on the nexuses of Summoner's Rift to pull the two into the past so they could find out more. A powerful temporal vortex was to be used to force the two into the past, but instead of seeing the past, a powerful arcane maelstrom tore up the past instance of Summoner's Rift. Derek Isamor stood where the two had stood before. The integrity of the temporal vortex broke and time phased to normal with a massive pulse of energy, instantly incinerating the vision of Isamor. Once again stood the Life Warden and Master of Metal, eyes locked upon one another.

Cursed to an existence of duality, Roake plans to use his powers over life to protect his allies.

"He is bound to I and I to him. We are opposites; we are equals. His power over life is equal to my power over death." - Mordekaiser, the Master of Metal.

Base Stats:
Quote:
Health: 432 (+86 per level) - 1980 at 18
Light Energy: 100 (+0 per level)
Armor: 16 (+3.6 per level) - 80.8 (+16-40) at 18
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25 per level) - 54 (+16-40) at 18
Health Regeneration: 7.5 (+.75 per level) - 21 at 18
Movement Speed: 310
Damage: 55 (+3.5 per level) - 118 at 18
Attack Speed: .675 (+.2.7% per level) 1.003 at 18
Range: 125

Tags:
Quote:
Tank
Support
Mage

Ratings:
Quote:
Health: Strong (8/10)
Spells: Average (6/10)
Attack: Weak (2/10)
Difficulty: Easy (3/10)

Abilities:
Quote:
321558Passive – General's Presence (600 unit radius)
Roake shields himself and his allies with light. At 10 light energy, allies take 1% less damage at the cost of 3 light energy. At 20 it's 2% at the cost of 6 light energy. At 100 it's 10% at the cost of 30 light energy. This absorption is only present if the damage exceeds 10% of the receiver's total health.

Light energy regenerates at a rate of 5 per second. You will regenerate all of your light energy in 20 seconds. Caps at 100.

321559Q – Hammer of Life (10/9/8/7/6 second cooldown) (Reset swing timer, melee range)
Roake empowers his warhammer with the power of light, resetting his swing timer and causing his next attack to deal 85 / 135 / 185 / 235 / 285 (+.5/AP) damage. Roake is healed for .15% of his total health for every light energy he has, consuming 30% of his light energy after the healing is done.

321560W – Light's Grace (26/24/22/20/18 second cooldown) (850 unit range) (Instant)
Active: Roake bestows the grace of light on an ally, healing them for 15 / 27 / 39 / 51 / 63 (+.1/AP) every second for 5 seconds (totaling 5 instances of healing.) Total healing equal to 75 / 135 / 195 / 255 / 315 (+.5/AP)

Passive: Roake gains 4/7/10/13/16 armor and magic resist. Increased by 1.5% per light energy he has. At 100 this value is 40 at max rank.

Alternate W - Light Armor (20/18/16/14/12 second cooldown) (850 unit range) (Instant)
Active: Roake increases this skill's passive by 50% and grants that same value to an ally for 4 seconds.

Passive: Roake gains 8/13/18/23/28 armor and magic resist.

321622E – Shining Bolts (6 second cooldown) (700 unit range) (Instant)
Roake unleashes the raw power of light in a cone in front of him dealing 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 (+.5/AP) damage. Affected targets are slowed by 22/24/26/28/30% for 2 seconds.

321638R – Indignation (140/120/100 second cooldown) (550 unit range) (.5 second cast time, 2800 missile speed)
Roake raises his hammer and slams it with mighty force, causing a shockwave in a line dealing 250 / 375 / 500 (+1.0/AP) damage and knocking targets up. Instantly generates 40/50/60 light energy.

Potential Alternate - Zealous Wrath (120/105/90 second cooldown) (.25 second cast time, instant) (650 unit range)
Roake unleashes a concentrated burst of light energy on the target, dealing 2.5/3.75/5 (+0.01/AP) damage per light energy over 8 seconds. This skill releases all light energy in order to stun the target for .3 seconds per 10 light energy. (At 800 AP [an estimated maximum] this skill would do 13 damage per light energy, which is 1300 at full light energy over 8 seconds. That's about 160 damage per second.)

Recommended Items:
Summoner's Rift:
Doran's Shield
Mercury Treads
Spirit Visage
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Randuin's Omen
Abyssal Scepter

Dominion:
Kindlegem
Mercury Treads
Spirit Visage
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Randuin's Omen
Abyssal Scepter

Obviously these are not prime builds, they are sample builds with a conglomeration of stats that all work on him. One could build him full AP, one could build him tanky AP, full tank, or whatever one likes.

Appearance: Very tall. He wears Demacian plate armor, white and blue with gold adornments and trim. He hides his face behind a helmet and his eyes emanate a pale yellow light. The weapon he wields is a massive two handed warhammer, nearly 5 feet in height. He wears a very elegant drape upon his back.

Quotes:
Quote:

Selection: "Death fears me."

Moving:
"As you desire."
"What now?"
"I shall protect life."
"My will is yours."
"Lives are not meaningless."
"I can feel your purity."
"What would you have me do now?"

Upon using Indignation:
"Feel my wrath!"
"The ground shatters with my power!"
"My light can not be stopped!"

Taunt:
"As a master of life, I shall extinguish yours."

Joke:
"Does the light stay on when you close the door?"
"No, I don't have any money to give you. Why are you laughing like that?"
"Actually, I es number one."

Special:
"Bring life to death!" - Using Hammer of Light on an undead champion.
"Life trumps death!" - Using Hammer of Light on Mordekaiser.

Additional Background and Inspiration:

What if Mordekaiser were just one half of what was once one being? The holes in Mordekaiser's lore made me want to develop something new for him. He's my favorite champion and I'd love to work on something in regards to him. I also just love making champion concepts and I am passonate about this one.

Other concepts by me:
Quethix, the Cyborg: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1501596

Feel free to comment and critique it! Bad lore? UP? OP? Awkward wording or mechanics? I'd love to see your comments, I make these concepts often and I'd like to see one take off!

Deoxysprime

11-14-2011

Bump. Added more information and alternate skills.

Edit: Added a big chunk of story, background, and inspiration!

Soon to come: Skill icons and maybe even concept art! (I'm a bad artist, so it'll likely be just a bad photoshop.)

Deoxysprime

11-15-2011

Adding another bump. I added temporary skill icons. They're mostly simple photoshops of pre-existing stuff.

The passive is a modification of Garen's passive's icon. His Q is hand-made. His W is Malefic Visions laid over Lucent Singularity (I messed with the hues there.) His E is three Overloads overlaid to be in a cone shape with some color editing. His R is an edit of the Earthquake icon from WoW.

Deoxysprime

11-16-2011

Third bump. Edited the lore a bit and cleaned up the post in general. Going to sleep for now.

Deoxysprime

11-18-2011

Bump.

Deoxysprime

11-18-2011

Bump.

Deoxysprime

11-19-2011

Champion concept board!

ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#4314

Y u no post?

(Bump)

skellytor

Recruiter

11-19-2011

I really like the concept. Reminded me of Taric when i first started reading, but I see this guy is completely unique. I LOVE the Lore concept, myself being a huge lore nerd =P, and I would love to see Riot put this guy in.

Deoxysprime

11-20-2011

Bump before I go to sleep.

Deoxysprime

11-20-2011

Bump before I go to sleep, again.