Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spectator Mode is Now in Open Beta!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hexshade

11-18-2011

later on after they put specator mode what do you all think if the lol people make where you can bet ip on which team wins and/or who will be the highest scoring player in the game. post what ya think

League of Lucky

11-20-2011

Lol!!!!

Ganjii

11-20-2011

What about people going into spectator mode who are friends of 1 of the teams and in vent with them? Wouldn't they be able to tell them where the enemy is going and when they're trying to gank?

Ganjii

11-20-2011

Quote:
hexshade:
later on after they put specator mode what do you all think if the lol people make where you can bet ip on which team wins and/or who will be the highest scoring player in the game. post what ya think

I think this would be an awesome Idea. Letting spectators bet on who the winner might be. Although depending on team selection is might not be hard to guess who will win. Also one other thing I see wrong with this idea is that people might use it too their advantage and try "padding" in order to gain more IP. Overall a good idea though.

Pk Typhoon

11-21-2011

It's great and all but I havent had the experience to see a decent match in spectator mode. Everyone seems to just ban people from their game for no reason and it happens to me all the time. I dont get why people just doesnt disable spectator mode if they dont want people to see.

Eckzial

Recruiter

11-23-2011

So what stops people from telling there friends (that are playing) where the enemy team is at, where wards are at, etc.

Alaterial

11-25-2011

Quote:
Ganjii:
What about people going into spectator mode who are friends of 1 of the teams and in vent with them? Wouldn't they be able to tell them where the enemy is going and when they're trying to gank?

Exactly what I was thinking. This might be a bit game-breaking. The only way it would work is if there is a time-delay of about 20 seconds or so between what is happening and the viewers.

MissFapulous

11-25-2011

i have a suggestion to have the OPTION to remove the 3 minute delay because maybe you have 12 friends and 2 sit out and everyone was on skype, and the 2 ppl cant share the excitement as the 10 other friends. i mean i understand so you cant screen cheat but seriously, most of the time, when u play custom with a lot of friends, you dont really care...just a suggestion XD

KimFu

11-25-2011

"Whether youÂ’re a hobbyist interested in learning more about a particular playstyle or a shoutcaster interested in commentating on competitive play, Spectator Mode is the perfect tool for the job."

Sure... learning.