Any plan to store masteries online?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaminb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

As I understand, your mastery trees are stored locally on the PC instead of online.
I was wondering if there is any plan to store these online as well.

I tend to play LOL on two computers (my desktop and laptop) and it would just simplify things a bit more.

Thanks

xYol0swag420x

11-14-2011

Why would you want that? The way it is currently, you can save twenty pages of masteries!

Majin Bl3u

11-14-2011

Dude, just stick your mastery pages onto a flash drive. Its not hard to put them onto a different computer.

Maude Caesar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2011

Do you have any idea the resource that would cost riot to store millions of mastery pages online?

xzarion

11-14-2011

Just save you masteries on both computers? They don't need to waste more server space (they barely have space to spare) just to make it slightly more convenient for like 20 people.

Yaminb

11-14-2011

I don't see how this takes up any more space than rune pages.
Mastery pages would probably take up significantly less.

Given how much history/other information the game stores, I would highly doubt space is the reason not to store mastery pages online.

Jon Bunch

11-14-2011

A good guess (I think it's a good guess anyway) would be that they want you to be able to change your mastery pages when you're in champ select, which would be very hard (if not impossible) to do with the way the game is set up now.

Notice how you can't change Rune pages while you're in champ select. :-P

Someone mentioned it earlier, and it'd be your best option. Just copy the folder where it's stored onto a flash drive, then put it on your other computer.

Timlankey

11-14-2011

How do u get 20, I can only get 10.

Fumobix

11-14-2011

i dont even use the thing to save masteries most of the times i dont really care about putting them again each time

Majin Bl3u

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzarion View Post
Just save you masteries on both computers? They don't need to waste more server space (they barely have space to spare) just to make it slightly more convenient for like 20 people.
They have server space. LOL's problems with server downtime and chat issues and whatnot aren't caused from lack of hardware. The problem has become that so many people are logging into the game and doing things and what not the games software simply can't handle it. Its a large scale issue that can't be solved in one day.