How to counter Noc?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D2v0n

11-14-2011

Hi. I am looking for help. I have been in the field against Noc 2 times now. Can someone give me any tactics to fight against him?

Mejakallu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

What are you having trouble with in particular?

On the surface, the best suggestion is to build armour.

Nightdancer ND

11-14-2011

If he ganks your lane (99% are junglers) the fear will "kill" you.
=> Mercury Treads are good
=> flash out of range before the fear will take effect

The other problem is that wards aren't that helpfull, if he gained level 6. Good Nocturns will start from an area that you can't ward. So, if the enemy jungler is a Nocturne you have to avoid over-extending even more as vs other kinds of junglers.

You really shouldn't have a big problem vs a lane Nocturne, he is a heavy pusher. So, wait until the creeps are at your tower, then you will be on the save side.

RubenPanzerfaust

11-14-2011

Honestly just play him a bit. If you learn the range on his lvl 6 ult you can figure out how to keep out of it (his lvl6 ult has horrible range and he can only zoom at you from 3 spots if you are top or bot.)

DarkenDragon

11-14-2011

Thornmail is a great item to counter him, chances are hes building pure damage and no defense, therefore at worst you'll be leveling out the playing field, and at best, he'll be killing himself.

other great items are randuin's omen, this will reduce his attack speed which can give you the edge, without his attack speed he wont get his passive damage boost as often and his damage output will be lessened since majority of his damage is his auto attack.

the same can be accomplished with frozen heart if you need the cooldown reduction, especially if you have abilities that can snare or stun him. this way you can keep him at bay better since he can only do massive damage if hes right next to you

also have a buddy system, stay close together since hes only good against 1v1, give yourself the advantage and pair up. if theres 2 of you then only 1 will be disabled while the other can freely wail on him

Mindcraze

11-14-2011

Two words Thorn mail

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

His level 1 Ult range is really small, so when you put up wards make to sure to put them a little further out than you normally would. Tip: don't put wards in the bushes right next to your lane on river. You should really get in the habit of not putting wards here anyway since they limit your field of view terribly, oftentimes not allowing you to see a gank coming before it's already too late. If you place your wards a bit further out, you'll see Nocturne coming in before his ult is in range. You don't need vision of that brush to know he's there if you saw him float down river and then disappear into the brush.

If you're worried that you're his gank target when he ults, quickly step into some brush or back off to your tower. Early game, Nocturne can't take tower shots and he's unlikely to dive you unless someone else has turret aggro. In fact, it's a good idea to not be too far from a safe brush cluster if there's an enemy Nocturne because he requires vision of you to jump to you with his ultimate.

If he does manage to land an Ult against you after all of this, don't try to CC him right off the bat as most Nocturne players will dash in with their spell shield active. Wait for the bubble to go down before firing out any ability, since he gets free attack speed if he absorbs a spell you really don't want to give him that edge. When you see the fear tether pop out, wait about 2 to 2.5 seconds and then Flash away from him, preferably towards your tower. You shouldn't be feared and hopefully you'll have retained enough HP that diving you is a risky move at best.

After the lane phase, you just need to build armor and HP to make him hurt less like all other AD. Countering his skills is still done in the same way, but good luck countering his ultimate once teamfights start.

Defile

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcraze View Post
Two words Thorn mail
isn't it just Thornmail
one word

D2v0n

11-14-2011

Thank you guys for the info. I will keep in mind some of these tips

"You really shouldn't have a big problem vs a lane Nocturne, he is a heavy pusher. So, wait until the creeps are at your tower, then you will be on the save side." -Nightdancer ND
"also have a buddy system, stay close together since hes only good against 1v1, give yourself the advantage and pair up. if theres 2 of you then only 1 will be disabled while the other can freely wail on him" - DarkenDragon

My main problem is his ulty. When I play with some friends or randoms everyone seems to freak and he gets one of us. Though the two I faught were pure dps and could'nt 1v1 me as hiemer(yay for rage nades!)

BeastlyLambo

11-14-2011

i think the combo is ult in fear, spell shield and duskbringer. Basically if you can time a stun or cc before his spell shield your team can go to town on him. Be careful not to react too late either because if you hit his spell shield there will be massive AS buff for him. Anyway if you are in a team situation sometimes a noct will make the mistake of targetting your squishy. If you are the squishy do not be afraid and play aggressive. Make him take damage and make him regret for going after you. If you don't have the damage then bait him with your teammates. The problem of his tool is that he can get too up close and personal. You should always be behind your tank so they can protect you or have other people ready to kill him. If you make it harder for him to land his ult he won't be able to snowball as much hope this helps