win streak, lose streak, win streak, etc etc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gato Muerto

11-14-2011

I have to note that playing a carry can change the game significantly. I hate the "I am going to carry, so you all can suck it" mentality, but playing support, tank, lesser role tends to put you in a position where you will have to rely upon others to win.

This goes double for champs that have to rely upon the team to work correctly. This usually means glass-cannon carries. If you don't have a tanky champ to draw opponent aggro, you will have an uphill climb.

Build as if you were solo. Play as if noone else is there. Carry the game as if noone else will. These are the things I have been doing since I almost always queue solo. This season it has kept me from going negative (so far) in ranked.

slazareth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

I'm still new to the game (only summoner lvl 19) but I'm finding what Gato said to be very true. I really enjoy playing champs like Alistar, but when I play Alistar I usually end up on a team full of people that don't know how to play well enough for me to support them. From lvls 5-16 or so I had a killer win ratio. Since I hit 17 I think the hidden ELO balancing is catching up to me. I'm getting on more and more teams with idiots that don't know how to play as a team as well as lots of disconnects, leaves, and trolls. Fingers crossed it gets better once I'm lvl 30.

Orun713

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Idk about this hidden ELO but 9/10 games I go positive, give helpful advice, push towers after we win a team fight, usually jungle which helps, ect... and only win about 50% of those.

Sure the 1 were I give up early and rage on the 0-10 team I'm trying to carry (while I am 0-0-0) is my fault but the other losses due to complete incompetence by my team, leavers, or trolls is nothing I can help. Honestly played 3-4 games the other week where I had almost the exact same dmg done, k:d:a, and farm and went 2/2 because the 2 losses were games where my team was one that could not be carried by even a LoL god.

I just pray to the random team generator before every game and if I get a bad team then just work on mechanics and do the best I can :/

Nexus Crawler

11-26-2011

This is probably the wrong forum for this discussion but seeing as just a couple of days ago I won maybe 2 out of 7 or 8 games while going positive in each (scores like 17/4/11 etc) I'll just join in on the happy raging. A hidden ELO probably does influence it, but I can't say that it would be the cause. In most games you're getting 5 random people some good and some bad. Now around half the time statistically you're getting average or better players and are probably doing well (win streak) the other half you're getting the some baddies. Depending on factors like feeding a good carry it can really snowball. Once it gets past a certain point there should be no way to recover. I don't care if you're the #1 player in the world some where there is that invisible line.

Another big thing is there are just way too many people who just had a win streak themselves and because of a good team or bad opponents they thing they're hot chit and try to play like their a perma-ulted Tryndamere. Bad players with big ego's (or no brains) leads to feeding and that invisible line.

All-in-all there's not really any way to control it unless A) Riot removes premade teams from solo ques (for normal games), or B) do nothing but run full premade teams to control the random factor and keep teammates that you know will both listen/communicate and take ques from each other. On a slightly different rage I can't tell you how many times I've innitated (when that's my role) and my team just looks at me like I'm an idiot and runs away (FYI last time was 3v2 in our favor under their tower while me as Leona was tanking the tower, and snared all the CC I'm still mad about that).

Seenan

11-26-2011

Some games, some people wont even talk...At all, or pay attention, even to the minimap...That guy just got ganked twice after I pinged towards him and called out 'care'...Surprisingly, we still won...But this wasn't in Ranked.

GGS Geodesik

11-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato Muerto View Post
Build as if you were solo. Play as if noone else is there. Carry the game as if noone else will. These are the things I have been doing since I almost always queue solo. This season it has kept me from going negative (so far) in ranked.
Skills > Kills. And nobody who has skills plays as if no-one else is there.

Try typing the words 'Leeroy Jenkins' into YouTube.

Then try watching a few IEM games on www.owned.tv (http://www.owned.tv) and counting the number of times you see any of the top players rolling a Tryndamere.

m0gX

11-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexploits View Post
Looking to much into it. I find that a Summoner's Rift game is pretty much decided in the first ten minutes depending on whether a lane does substantially well or substantially bad. Sometimes you just mess up too many times and you feed by accident, and that's all it takes - deaths against the wrong Champion.

Yeah, turn arounds are possible, and I've done them too, but 'eh.
I find this is true to an extent. If someone gets fed like 4-0 mid, then yes, that could snowball into an easy win for the other team, BUT only if that person knows how to utilize their feed and plays the right way after. I honestly find just as frequently that a game can be turned around, especially if you have a team with a good attitude.

In my opinion, its all about the attitude. I played my ranked placement matches, and I won 8/10. of those 8, we probably started off losing at least 3, if not 4. But each time my team wanted to win just as badly as I did and we didn't give up, and we turned every game around.

After placement matches, the people you play with don't give a **** about winning anymore, so whenever someone gives first blood, half your team is like "GG ENJOY YOUR EASY WIN" to the other team.