win streak, lose streak, win streak, etc etc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

On some days I seem to get a flawless string of victories in SR, while others I get loss after loss (whether its my fault or not :P )

I have a feeling that its that "hidden elo" I see folks talk about for non-ranked games. See for my win streaks, there's always that one player who gets the most kills/farm and pretty much carries the team to victory. Whereas other days we (my teams, I solo queue) get completely wrecked.

So am I right in assuming its my "hidden elo" that shoots up when I get carried and pits me against higher level/experienced players, and then drops after I get rolled time after time back down until I can hold my own again? Or am I looking too much into this? lol

Sexploits

11-13-2011

Looking to much into it. I find that a Summoner's Rift game is pretty much decided in the first ten minutes depending on whether a lane does substantially well or substantially bad. Sometimes you just mess up too many times and you feed by accident, and that's all it takes - deaths against the wrong Champion.

Yeah, turn arounds are possible, and I've done them too, but 'eh.

iP1ayJarvan

11-13-2011

MM is fked. i somehow got Q'd with a 2k elo guy O_O

and much to his despair i went 2/13 and got rightfully called noob. why would you pair elo hell people with guys from 2k???

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

I see, thank you very much for your feedback Sexploits

acosn

11-13-2011

ELO hell doesn't exist till you get five games in a row where bot lane feeds and gets into a pissing match with your jungler which is utterly impossible to defuse. It's a bit more fluid in normal play, but for ranked once you take that ELO plunge you don't recover, and it's typically an uphill climb because of point decay. It's the dumbest thing that your first loss is worth five times as much as the loss you take twenty games later.

TehKaster

11-14-2011

I kinda feel the same way. I just won 6 games in a row, all doing very well. And all of a sudden, I lost 7 in a row. 2 or 3 of which were my fault, but I did relatively well in my lane the other 5, but man... Those teammates. Sigh. You can tell them to not chase and push towers to win, but man, they'll go to the nexus to get that kill if they have to. Dying in the process, of course.

I just wish I were good enough that it wouldn't matter. Heh

iP1ayJarvan

11-14-2011

well this could be a coincidence but i've won 13 ranked out of 16 using one champ, and 3 losses were actually leaves from dc. a choice of champ might be a factor here. the others which i play only have ~40% win rate unlike that particular champ which has a 80% win rate.

Asuramundos

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehKaster View Post
I kinda feel the same way. I just won 6 games in a row, all doing very well. And all of a sudden, I lost 7 in a row. 2 or 3 of which were my fault, but I did relatively well in my lane the other 5, but man... Those teammates. Sigh. You can tell them to not chase and push towers to win, but man, they'll go to the nexus to get that kill if they have to. Dying in the process, of course.

I just wish I were good enough that it wouldn't matter. Heh
Exactly! See you know where I'm coming from lol

ForeverLaxx

11-14-2011

Normal games are designed to keep you around a 50% W/L ratio. That's just how it was programmed.

Yes, it's stupid.

Mik3r

11-14-2011

It's called probability. Either the average skill level of your team is higher and you win or the average skill level of the opposing team is higher and you lose. If you're more skilled than the average player, the influence of your skill level on the outcome of games will be reflected in your win/loss ratio.