@Riot: Recruit Mode (w/ Design!)

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spark XV

11-13-2011

RECRUIT MODE.
A brand new type of queue, is what Recruit Mode's about. Read below to find out exactly what it is!

• What is Recruit Mode, exactly? Basically, Recruit Mode is a brand new type of queue that I, sparkburst, designed. It's obviously not an official queue that Riot has decided to implement or anything along those lines, but it's an idea worth checking out.
  • How does Recruit Mode work? The way it works is before you head into queue, you're allowed to pick upto 3 Primary Champions to play. These Primary Champions usually should consist of champions you're more experienced with, because people who will message you about recruitment onto their party are obviously asking for a good person with experience in the character. Vice-versa, if you're looking for someone that knows how to play for example: Rammus. You're obviously going to try to get a good Rammus into your party.
  • What's the point of this, anyway? Well, it's often been said that you can do the same thing in a sense on the Chat System - but it's not nearly as efficient as something like this would be. People usually playing Recruit Mode would take their matches more seriously, whether it be on Normals or Ranked.
  • Have you ever designed anything else for LoL? Yes, in fact, this is also my thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1338775&highlight=sparkburst
  • What if I don't wanna go through this entire process? That's totally fine. If (ever, but doubtfully) implemented, random queue which is today's queue would still be available.

Now's for my favorite part: Testimonials. Here are what my friends and other people have said about this concept so far!

Quote:
Homeboro: This looks like something Riot would make. Your design has inspired me to do some soul-searching and become a better person.
Quote:
SzYm3n: In ranked, a lot of people tend to just say: jungle or afk OR something along those lines. This could potentially eliminate this problem, as the person who can only jungle could recruit a team that is mostly non-junglers.
Quote:
saifiroth: I think in all honesty, it's a really good idea pulled off brilliantly in the design. I'd personally use it every time I want to play a match because when you think about it, i'd rather pick out my team comp than play a 50-minute game with a horrible team comp and no chance of winning.
Quote:
TheBlazeWizard: Probably one of the best ideas i've read on this forum so far, next to Surprise Party Fiddles. :3

If I like any of your posts enough, i'll add it onto here for everyone to see!

So now, without further adieu - I present Recruit Mode's design! (do note that the Search and Filters were taken from the Shop to keep consistency in the designs throughout the Client).

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/6969470/img/Anonymous/leagueoflegendspsd2.png
(this is the larger version since the thumbnails suck. :3)

--

Homeboro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

Here's the email to summoner showcase: Summoner_Showcase@Riotgames.com. Let's spam the **** outta them to force a formal Riot response. BAYLIFE

Fierydeath

11-13-2011

This seems like a great concept, but may I ask if you have actually designed anything for this yet? (as opposed to being purely theoretical)

Spark XV

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierydeath View Post
This seems like a great concept, but may I ask if you have actually designed anything for this yet? (as opposed to being purely theoretical)
Uh. Yeah.

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/6969470/img/Anonymous/leagueoflegendspsd2.png

Fierydeath

11-13-2011

So.... is it available? Can we get a download link or something?

Homeboro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierydeath View Post
So.... is it available? Can we get a download link or something?
This is just his idea. He doesn't work for Riot... yet.

Lgv

11-13-2011

looks good

Odie el perro

11-13-2011

Don't really like it, but +1 for you cause you took the time and effort to do it.

saifiroth

11-13-2011

+1

InsanityLater

11-13-2011

Not a fan of the concept but it sure does look cool.

12345 ... 9